It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 Election Irregularities & Fraud

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Panhandle of Florida, I was not allowed to vote. I was told that since I hadn't voted in the past few years, I no longer appeared on the registered voter list, I would need to register again and I would not be allowed to vote in this election unless I tried to use a conditional vote in which each item on the ballot would have to be reviewed and approved by a panel which would include a judge and some lawyers.
At least this is what I was told.
I have never experienced such non-sense before.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eaganthorn

I SINCERELY hope you recorded that non-sense with you cell phone camera video function!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If NOT, get back there and get it!!

[edit on 4-11-2008 by ThatDGgirl]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatDGgirl

I SINCERELY hope you recorded that non-sense with you cell phone camera video function!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If NOT, get back there and get it!!

[edit on 4-11-2008 by ThatDGgirl]

Not allowed to have cell phone powered on in hall where this conversation took place.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jimrat201

I think that's Obamas "National Civilian Service" or whatever he calls it

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Wow thats incredible no-one id'd you...frankly- I would have said something seeing as how anyone could have walked in there a voted (legal or not). I'm just wondering if maybe an asian/mexican/black person walked in there after you- what would have occurred. Maybe its racial stereotyping she/he was doing....That'd be my first guess. Second guess would be he/she just didn't care enough to see I.D.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I am very sorry that you could no vote, but that means that you missed the last elections.

If you have voted in 2004 your name would have been in the list.

I hope that you register next time.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Okay ATS gang...

Early in voting, there are two situations in Philadelphia, that are, technically illegal, and really bother me...As I am 11 miles from Philly...

GOP Election Board members have been tossed out of polling stations in at least half a dozen polling stations in Philadelphia because of their party status.

townhall.com...

"Security" patrols stationed at polling places in Philly

www.youtube.com...

Update: Police Confront Night Stick-Wielding ‘Security’ Patrol at Philadelphia Poll

www.breitbart.tv...

This is ridiculous!

Edit...Add...BTW, notice that the reporter and cameraman are from University of Pennsylvania, which is the most "liberal" university in the "Ivy League"...

I cast my vote with no incidence at around 1:00 p.m. EST and had no issues...

I am in a small town of 11,000...

But, above we see "BS" from the "City of Brotherly Love," which is a major influencing city with regards to the presidential election and members of Congress and Senate...

[edit on 11/4/2008 by swdecord]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I have this constant feeling it would be the 2000 election again.

even if Al gore lead in the nationwide polls back then...

2000 poll before election

I feel the election is rigged anyway. The major corporations choose the president, not the people. The elite will never let obama win, he'll take away a big chunk of their money, and he's black to.(implying racism to elitists)

After all, the media Hearts the government. So they will never come out and say the nations democracy is all an illusion.

If john McCain wins, I lose all hope for the united states. Bush's Third term here we come.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I am very sorry that you could no vote, but that means that you missed the last elections.

If you have voted in 2004 your name would have been in the list.

I hope that you register next time.

\
That is not true and by saying that you are just adding to the madness.

If you are voting in a different precinct than you voted in the last time, your name will not be on "the list" which means you have to re-register. If you are not in a state that allows same day voter registration, you are out of luck, simply put.

If however you are in a same day registration state, you are able to vote by filling out a registration form and providing picture Identification with your current address - a bill due in the next 30 days with your current address.

IF you don't have that, you can have someone from your precinct vouch for you.

THERE ARE OPTIONS. Please don't mislead people if you don't know them yourself!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius
I'm in Columbus Ohio and the church I was voting at had lots of Obama signs everywhere and had Obama campaigners right outside the door of the church.

According to law, any political "trolling," which it is, must occur at least 150 feet from the actual polling site...Thus, this is a violation of law...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I just heard CNN give a dire warning NOT to listen to the online and verbal hoax about polling places being too busy to get all of the votes in that it will be continued tomorrow.

I have heard that if you are in line when the polls close, you will get to vote.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I'm in Columbus Ohio and the church I was voting at had lots of Obama signs everywhere and had Obama campaigners right outside the door of the church.

Like swdecord said, isn't that illegal? Say, within 100 feet of the polling place or something?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Now I heard that McCain is filling some kind of law sue today because something that has to do with soldiers voting

Anybody heard anything about that?

Once again, they are trying to throw out military votes and McCain is trying to stop them. Apparently, the ballots were sent late and received late and because of that, they are trying to disqualify them. Of course, this would be a big hit to McCain, since most of the military is voting for him.

ap.google.com...

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Republican John McCain's presidential campaign sued the Virginia election board Monday, claiming absentee ballots weren't mailed on time to military members serving overseas.

The complaint asks the U.S. District Court in Richmond to order the state to count absentee ballots postmarked by Tuesday and received by Nov. 14. It contends that thousands of troops' ballots — many of which would go to McCain — will not be counted.

On a side note, CNN has been doing stories on military voting all day and never mentions that the majority want McCain. They keep repeating tat, "the military is quiet about their political choices", when the AirForce Times just did a story on it a week ago.

reply to post by swdecord

Yeah, I called the Franklin county board of elections and reported it. I almost went over there and said something, but I don't want any trouble.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Smooth running here in Kingman, Arizona.

Paper ballots, pens not chained down, no probs.

Poll workers were efficient, polite and to be commended.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by swdecord
Early in voting, there are two situations in Philadelphia, that are, technically illegal, and really bother me...As I am 11 miles from Philly...

The one incident you mentioned had a member of the black panther party yeilding a knight stick in front of the polling place attempting to intimidate white voters. Luckily, it was captured on a cell phone and he was removed. However, there is still another member of the black panther party standing in front of the polling place but he does not have a knight stick. This is crazy!

Could you imagine the outrage if some members of the KKK were intimidating black voters in front of a polling center.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Just voted. No problems except for the guy who tries to accost everyone going through the door, trying to convince them to vote for State Senator James Rhodes. The only problem I had with this is sen. Rhodes died a week or two ago in a car accident. So in effect they are trolling for votes based on sympathy, but if they win they can appoint anyone they want in his place. Pretty shameless if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by slicely

I have lived in the same place for past twelve years, I should not have to register every four years to vote. Their excuse was the new system, I must wonder how many others this has happened to. I am registered as an Independent.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The complaint asks the U.S. District Court in Richmond to order the state to count absentee ballots postmarked by Tuesday and received by Nov. 14. It contends that thousands of troops' ballots — many of which would go to McCain — will not be counted.

That seems to already be the law...

The complaint argues that some Virginia counties sent out absentee ballots 35 days before the elections, which it contended was not enough time to ensure they would be received in time to vote.
Virginia law requires that the completed ballot be put in the mail by November 4 and received by local election officials by 7:00 pm November 14.

AP

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Got in line to vote here in Tampa at 6:50 a.m. Walked out at 8:30 a.m., after I had voted. Live in a mostly black neighborhood (I'm white) and all in line were quite cheerful.
Mostly middle class folks around here who don't give or take any nonsense.
Got a sense of we're all just happy to be participating.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well exit polls say Obama +15 in PA. Wonder how accurate they are going to be.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join