It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who would you be? Rebel or Govermental

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Talk is cheap. It's fashionable to be a rebel, it looks cool and sounds badass to the people on the corner. Everybody sees themselves as being willing to fight for a cause.

But when the nitty gets to the gritty and the feces hits the oscillating metal, most people turn into turtles and pull their head into the shell and hope somebody else does the dirty work. For every ten people that claim that flag now, four will have a medical excuse, two will change their name and move to Australia, three will switch sides before the first bullet makes a wet mark on a firing squad wall, and one will actually fight.

And after it's all over, all of them will have a pocket full of war lies to tell their kids about how tough they were. And any "agent" taking a passing interest in this place knows those facts full well, unless he's as green as grass himself.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
From Star Wars:

"We, the beings of the Rebel Alliance, do this day send forth this Declaration to His Majesty, the Emperor, and to all sentient beings in the Galaxy, to make clear to all the Purposes and Goals of this Rebellion. We firmly acknowledge the importance and necessity of the institution of Galactic Government. We accept that all must subjugate themselves to that Government, giving up certain rights and freedoms, in return for peace, prosperity and happiness for all.

We believe that the Galactic Government derives its power and right to rule from the consent of the governed. We believe that, should the rights of free beings be willfully and malignantly usurped, it is the unalienable right of said beings to alter or abolish said Government.

We believe that the Galactic Empire has willfully and malignantly usurped the rights of the free beings of the Galaxy and therefore, it is our unalienable right to abolish it from the Galaxy.

We do not take this course lightly. Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes, but when a Government displays a history of usurpation, abuse and moral atrocity, displaying a clear design to subjugate totally and absolutely beings born free under the auspices of nature, it is our right—our duty—to depose of that Government.

The history of the present Galactic Empire is of repeated injuries upon its members, with the direct objective of establishing you, Emperor Palpatine, as absolute tyrant over the Galaxy:

You have disbanded the Senate, the voice of the people;
You have instituted a policy of blatant racism and genocide against the nonhuman peoples of the Galaxy;
You have overthrown the chosen leaders of planets, replacing them with Moffs and Governors of your choice;
You have raised taxes without the consent of those taxed;
You have murdered and imprisoned millions without benefit of trial;
You have unlawfully taken land and property;
You have expanded the military far beyond what is necessary and prudent, for the sole purpose of oppressing your subjects.

We, the Rebel Alliance, do therefore in the name—and by the authority—of the free beings of the Galaxy, solemnly publish and declare our intentions:

To fight and oppose you and your forces, by any and all means at our disposal;
To refuse any Imperial law contrary to the rights of free beings;
To bring about your destruction and the destruction of the Galactic Empire;
To make forever free all beings in the galaxy.
To these ends, we pledge our property, our honor, and our lives."

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
sorry for not replying people, great opinions i appreciate it, to be honest with you all i think that the day will come where there will be either a outsider or an insider, rebel/governmental, anyway what Ive read up on so far is the RFID chip,government wanting robots and also global, which mean one president one religion, i am only 17 and i was talking to my nan and she said it would not happen, i strongly disagree with that how things are going, its absolutely stupid i predict with in the next few years we are all facked seriously, i wish i was dead sometimes! piss's me of to know that my life will never be free, well to all you governmental people monitoring this be prepared because there's more people fighting for freedom than controlling it.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
You don't have to take up arms to be a rebel... in fact doing so gives them something to focus on and in fact make things worse... especially those who haven't... unless that is what you want.

Better yet go about your business and your life in ways that excludes the government as much as possible.

In short if people refuse to play along then there is nothing for them to grab hold to.

Think about it... that is what the colonists did in the years leading up to the out break of hostilities and the revolution and it drove the English crazy.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by grover]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join