It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flip Side to Greer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
this is from the ufowatchdog.com site.. STEVEN GREER

Reportedly plagiarizes the UFO work of others and sells as his own, sells do-it-yourself ET contact kits - now you too can steer in extraterrestrial spacecraft with a flashlight and never record them just like Doc Greer does. Made claims of contacting extraterrestrials through meditation. Claimed that U.S. military forces attacked a Colorado ET base inside a mountain using nerve gas, no evidence to back claim. Had dinner with CIA Director and spun tale of having briefed CIA Director about ETs for hours. Hosted press conference with credible UFO witnesses on Capitol Hill - ruined it and his own credibility by selling the work of others with his name on it and using bogus witnesses. Allegeldy attempted to charge Washington State MUFON members $2500.00 each to demonstrate how he can vector in UFOs - Greer got to choose the location and the time...mmmmmm. SEE: Doc Greer Sells The Truth, Greer: UFOlogy's Own Worst Enemy, CSETI, Greer's claim of military attacking ET underground base with nerve gas, and a refutation of Greer's claims of having briefed the CIA on UFOs.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by philjwolf

Don't let philjwolf's amazingly-lightning-fast "UFO Watchdog" rebuttal prevent you from checking out Greer's announcement!

If this scientist he's speaking of really exists, this could be very important!

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenAge
reply to post by philjwolf

If this scientist he's speaking of really exists, this could be very important!

Excuse me? "IF he REALLY EXISTS"??? Why would anyone think the scientist doesn't "exist"? You realize, of course, that by merely posing that comment you introduce your own element of doubt...

IF aliens exist it could be really important. If God exists it could be really important.

Just curious...

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

What's your point?

Of course I have doubt, lots of it.

But as you know, my thought is that things like this at least merit some investigation; whereas most seem to want to just forget about Greer and anything he says and move on.

I mean, for example, it's been how many years now, and ATS still doesn't know for sure if Bearden/Bedini really have overunity devices or not?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenAge

Sure - I suppose you're right. There is no point,

Never mind, my mistake...

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

So as I understand it, you then agree with and support his claims I've mentioned in this thread.

I'd rather you didn't make that assumption, but if you need a straw man, go for it.

I work on the assumption that there is a lot of stuff going on out there that is beyond our ken, and is quite likely inter-related...probably on a quantum level. I can't get behind all of what Greer says, but I can...as I said...work from my gut that he isn't crooked or crazy. That being said, he might be wrong on some stuff, but it doesn't follow that he is wrong on everything.

But there might be those who want you to make that call. Meanwhile, I'm not about to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I agree, Greer's various claims really need to be examined on an individual basis.

Greer remote-viewed special forces nerve-gassing aliens in an underground alien base? Highly unlikely.

Greer has met with Bearden and Bedini and seen their real radiant-energy devices? Greer has a renowned scientist who worked with DOD on new energy systems coming to work with the Orion Project? Well, now THOSE kind of claims are much more interesting, and they could also possibly be verified to be true, with a little field work....

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenAge

The problem is once someone lies, then all that they say is considered a lie until they prove otherwise. There should be no trust until the evidence is used to back up the claims. Dr Greer has lied before, and he will have to have something concrete if he wants people to believe him.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

What has Greer lied about - intentionally lied about?

I would make a distinction between deliberately, knowingly telling a lie, and talking about things that he believes to be true even if they aren't really.

I think that Greer really believes everything he says, and he doesn't lie to people deliberately; it's just that sometimes he's mistaken.

Did Greer really remote-view special forces nerve-gassing aliens? Probably not, but he believes that he did. He believes all the lights in the sky and things are ET crafts, even though some of them may not really be. He believes what all his inside contacts tell him, even though some of them are likely lying to him or feeding him disinformation.

Maybe he really did hold an "alien baby" in his arms - but it was actually a really convincing prop or fake, like something out of "X-Files". Maybe someone pulled a fast one on him there, to make him look and sound stupid.

Make sense? Greer strikes me as a deeply spiritual and caring and honest person, and I don't think he intentionally lies to people about anything. But, he also makes mistakes in what he believes to be true, and in what he then relays to the public as "The Truth".

He's only human, after all

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
Dr Greer has lied before, and he will have to have something concrete if he wants people to believe him.

There's a difference between lying and being wrong. The ten-spot I laid out to see him speak was well worth it, as was his book about disclosure. Waiting, with repect for what he has done right, doesn't cost anything so I can't see any reason to get all bent out of shape.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join