It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We will need two planets by 2030"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

"We will need two planets by 2030"

www.panda.org.za

"If we continue with business as usual, we will need two planets by 2030 to keep up with humanity's demand for goods and services," cautions Dr Morne du Plessis, CEO of WWF South Africa, speaking at the launch of the Living Planet Report 2008.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Ummm...

Scary...

After seeing all the conspiracy stuff about massive depopulation and/or the Earth's capacity being met, seeing stuff like this is actually a little bothersome...

There's no way we could have 2 planets capable of sustaining life for humans in the next 20 years, so if this article is accurate and we WILL need to expand, what is to become?

www.panda.org.za
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Civilization kills the planet.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
2030 seems to be a very short time, considering that the technology isnt to that extent of creating habitable planets in our solar system, and even if we succeed in that, the adpatability will take a lot longer than we could imagine, and another issue is transporting the people to the other planet, the cost of the transport will run into millions of dollars

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Ya cause the world's supposed trillionaires and high digit billionaires don;t have a few million to toss into the incinerator to get out of here.

Give me my own AIP/nuclear/biodiesel submarine and I won't give a crap - ah, the fantasy of being rich enough to by one. hmm...Might be a fun ride if we get nailed by a large space object. Could you imagine getting tossed out of the atmosphere by an impact and coming back down to go "splat" eventually?

We have various technologies to all of us live on the ocean or below it for YEARS on end...but, OFC, we are too pitiful to do that. Those "rich" idiots don't know a farking thing... Maybe I'll write an article...oh, but there is an issue of some rare resources so that might be why the "smarty rulers" don;t want to do that. Rothschild and them fools ought to do that rather than meet in hotels - silly bastards.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
some leftist article, I read this

"There is still a large gap between rich and poor in our nation and the reality is that this creates a biased perception of individual footprints."

one can see the continued "equality" agenda at work in everything, even in a report from the freakin WWF

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I have always believed the colonization of other planets should have been our first priority for the last 20 years or so. Without it our species has a slim chance of survival. I really don't know what happened, to end most of our manned space exploration since the 70's. I guess we humans are to lazy to want to expand and survive.

Peace
Trustnobody

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
we already got 2 planets capable of supporting human the earth and mars and less not forget moon. seriously if we can build submarines capable of staying submerged for months do you not think we can build enclosed habitats on moon and mars yes it would be very hard work . and yes it would cost huge piles of money but it is possible.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Very few people in positions of power understand exponential growth and its implications. Expanding the idea in the sentence to most people wouldn't be a far stretch either. I am in the "know" because of this video!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
That is why war/famine/revolution/crisis are imminent. We have to change before we can continue living on this planet.

That will take many lives, unless we do it willingly, which is very unlikely.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
How long I wonder before we ARE able to move to another planet...

I think I saw something saying by 2050 or so, we could have Mars terraformed, or something or other.

There's just so many dang people!

top topics

join