It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A potential for serious abuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I voted at 8:00am this morning in a relatively small district. I was not asked for any form of identification or proof of registration. I was not given a choice between paper or electronic ballot, even though both types were present. I was asked my name, told to sign a piece of paper with a digital copy of my signature (from my registration) on it and handed a piece of paper and told to use the booth at the end. And just to test things when I signed next to the digital signature, I signed differently enough that anyone paying attention should have questioned it. Nobody even blinked. And its not like there was a large group of people they were trying to get taken care of, I was the only non-election official in the building.

I also thought there was a law against signs and such within a certain distance of a polling place. The driveway of the facility was practically lined with signs for one party in particular.

I take serious issue with these things and I wonder where I can turn to file a complaint of some form. Does anyone have any suggestions?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I think both sides are gearing up to cry foul if they lose. This type of thing that you mentioned just gives them the ammunition to say that they was cheated. I don't understand why it is not required to show picture ID at every voting area.

Anyway, I think the next couple of days might get a little interesting, espeacially if Obama loses. No, I'm not talking riots. He has been ahead in these polls throughout the campaign, if he loses on election day alot of people will assume fraud, more so then if McCain loses.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
If you had a complaint, you should have made it then and there.

If you're registered and you vote, then no one else can vote in your name. If someone else went in there and said they were you, then they would have voted in your name and YOU wouldn't have been able to vote. Didn't you have to give your SS number or something?

The campaigning outside an election office is within a certain number of feet from the door. I think it's 100 feet here, but I'm not sure if it's the same with every state. They probably had it measured off and everyone was standing just outside that line.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I did speak up about not being asked to identify myself and got a very lackluster complacent "we don't do that" type of response. Thats why I am asking about it here. I got not satisfaction from the election officials on hand so I am wondering what my next avenue could be.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Your secretary of state would be the one to file a complaint with.

They have the final responsibility of overseeing the process.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Please discuss this issue in the following thread:
2008 Election Irregularities & Fraud

Thread closed.

[edit on 11/4/2008 by maria_stardust]

new topics

top topics

join