It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I voted Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Please forgive me if this should be included in the other voting threads....

This past week with all of the news stories about long lines and the possibility of having to wait for hours just to cast your vote, I started to debate whether I should even go to the polls. Asking myself questions like 'does my 1 vote even matter?', 'do I really really want to spend a huge chunk of my day waiting in line when I could be doing more productive things?'

This morning I decided to drive over and take a look at the lines and sort of test the waters. The line was pretty long but I decided to park my car and head over that way and do my civic duty. As I started casually talking to other people in line it just hit me like a ton of bricks: What a great Country we live in that we get to do this. I walked away after casting my vote feeling so very proud to be an American!

When we all wake up tomorrow morning, I believe we should focus on being Americans now instead of Republicans, Democrats and Independents.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Anjin]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Good for you Anjin. I also voted this morning.

I had about a 20 minute wait. I believe the early voting helped cut down on the crowds today.

Yes, I agree that for our country's sake we need to come together as a united nation. It is imperative to our survival as a great and free country.

Peace

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
One nation, under the sky, with liberty and law for most...

Ya, I got sent away...found out I got a letter back in '03 when I was in the service
Hope they count the "provisional" votes. (Ya, I should have made sure I was all up ons with this...stupidity is an infection :dn

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I voted today in Fulton County.

I got there around 8am and it took about an hour and 15 minutes. Wasn't too bad. Early voting really took the load off.

On my way out of the polls, the line was drastically shorter.

Not to mention, there was no one asking me who I voted for on the way out... not sure why they didn't have exit pollsters.

I'm ecstatic!

So Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks and Krispy Kreme are giving free foods to anyone with a "I voted" sticker. Some say it's a felony to do so, but sounds like a great idea to me... especially in America were people vote with their bellies.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
There were no lines where I voted. Nobody checked my ID. I asked if they wanted my name or address and they said name. I gave them a name and they asked me if "XXXXXXX" was still my address. I said, sure.

Then I voted.

I got exit polled for the first time ever. The issue that concerns me wasnt on the list. Then all the questions were like a 2nd grade multiple choice test. Who represents change: Obama or McCain? Gee, who's catch phrase has that been? Who gives speeches with the word plastered on the podium?

Then, who did you want to win the Democratic nomination. No "who did I want to win Republican nomination" question though.

It's strange to on election day feel like you're the only one concerned with what concerns you and that the masses are more than happy to trample over you like an insect. Strange feeling indeed.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I voted as well. I had never voted in a general election and had heard stories about long lines and what not. I got there, and was out in six minutes. There was exit poll going on when i got there, but none when i went to leave, strange.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Did you vote for the Republocrats or the demolicans?

Either way, the government is still not gonna be on your side (unless of course you are wealthy). Its all just smoke and mirrors.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
My little Lady and myself got up had a big breakfast and headed out by 8am. No lines no waiting, even got to grab a hot cup of coffee on my way out... My town has 286 people...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
i just got back from Voting. I went to the polls at 11 am central waited maybe 5 minutes in line it took longer to drive there, fill out the ballot, and then drive back home.

My dad called me this morning after he went and voted. He went when the polls opened here at 6 am this morning. He said there was a pretty long line. he said he waited about 30-45 minutes to get in and get his ballot.

edit to add: when i put my ballot in the scanner it made the total number of ballots scanned at that time 1019. and that's just my precinct. and that's the most ballots my precinct had cast by noon for as long as i can remember.

[edit on 11/4/2008 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I live in Florida, Palm Beach County to be exact, and I voted last Friday. Had to wait an hour and a half. But I didn't have my Voter Card, don't need it in florida just your drivers licsense. And the day I decided to go vote, after I saw Al Gore in West Palm Beach, I got home and realized 'oh #, they spelled my name wrong when I registered 4 years ago'(I'm 24, 2004 was my first election). Didn't know where my voter ID card was, and when I finally got to the voting room it musta taken 20-30 minutes because they lady couldn't find me. Finally I suggested she just search by my City and Birthday, found me then. Then she had me fill out a form so I am no long Nicholas Yastremshi and I am Yastremski.

This is a great day for all, I've waited 4 years for this. NO MORE BUSH!.... in 2 and a half months

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please see above thread,
We are trying to keep threads in order to be able to handle all the election threads,

Thread closed

top topics

join