It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today is Election Day. So much for Bush calling for Martial Law and suspending the election.

page: 1/
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Many people over the past year thought that George bush would call for Martial Law and suspend the elections after some sort of accident or tragedy.

Well....Today is election day and all is well. No martial law, no suspension of the election and absolutely, no Bush for another four years.

With election day here and voting begining to happen, there is no way that this election can now be suspended. The only thing that I can think of that might cause some issues is if there were some sort of discrepency with the counted votes.

What does ATS think?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The day is not over yet....

But I think it will be a non eventful day, other than the selection of the new President.....

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
And keep in mind, there are still a coupe of months before the new president actually takes office in January. A lot can happen between now and then, including assassination, Israel/Iran war, etc.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I think we can file this one along with Blossom Goodchild, CGI UFOs and other non entities

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by freakyty

Thanks freakyty,

But once the new president has been elected today, he has been chosen by the people. The End. He's elected. I don't see how anything could stop that. Even if something tragic happened at the end of december, I don't think Bush could stop him from taking office.

It's one thing to stay in Power by suspending elections at not having them, and another thing to stop someone from taking office that has been elected by the people.

I think it is too late for anything like that to happen.

JackCash

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I agree the day is not over yet, and that Bush has another few months to act if he wants to.

While there is so much that IS definitely possible, I don't see the motivation for much of what people fear will happen. I personally think Bush can't wait to get out, especially with the current financial situation.

What I do think is that the authorities are preparingfor civil unrest on a grand scale. It would be likely that all state authorities and government are on alert for something over this period, it only makes sense that they would be. But I think now more than ever they are concerned that something big will happen in the streets if Obama is not announced as the next president.

The only way I see Martial Law being declared is if Obama loses, and massive civil unrest spreads across the country without the authorities being able to manage and control it.

Edited to add...

Bush is still the president until inauguration isn't he? So he can still declare Martial Law in that time. As far as I can tell nothing changes until the next president is inaugurated, you just know who it's going to be.
That's right isn't it?

[edit on 4-11-2008 by detachedindividual]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JackCash

Unless a 2000 election repeat and we may spend the first month of the new years still counting votes.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

You obviously fail to see that what you're thinking is just a fantasy, just some dream that the NWO want you to believe in. You have no choice, the president is NOT chosen by the people.

Bush will not suspend the elections though, something really bad will happen though, mark my words.

-Lahara

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I am curious how the executive order is written. Isn't it where he could suspend the transfer of power during a time of crisis? I would think that he would still be able to do that if something catastrophic were to happen.

I absolutely could be wrong though.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
~ there is no need to enact Martial Law... at the present

Because a month ago... Congress and the Senate were told to pass the Emergency Bail-out Bill or else the streets would be in riots
as the banking system would fail and Martial Law would be proclaimed
So, Martial Law was always in the works...

it was only the caving in of both houses of Congress that prevented it from being declared, as the 2nd Bill, with the exact same language was passed.

Now...if the $700bn funding of a new, branch of government, was not approved by a vote in congress...
then i am positive that 'Martial Law' would just now be getting rolled back with a curfew being allowed for very regimented 'voting' at the militarized 'polls'

~imho.... just the threat of martial law, allowed what the puppet masters wanted to happen.... the seizure of the formerly democratic branches of government by the Fed/Treasury of the USA

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
How about this for a theory....

WHAT IF McCain won and their was such outrage and unrest amounst the American populace that Obama did not win (possibly voter fraud, computer 'glitch' etc etc) that Bush calls Marshal Law to prevent or stop rioting and civil disturbance? This scenario could also be vice-versa.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

The powers behind the government could push for martial law, but I think that they will have to be more than prepared for a mass out brake of unhappy citizens.

You can only push so much on a nation of fed up citizens.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
That's ok.

We can continue the tradition with Obama or McCain.

Maybe one of them will help us make this martial law prediction come true once and for all.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I used to think: "Why would Bush pass all of these executive orders, and then never use them?"

I've been waiting to see if he uses them, and then he got his 100 Billion from the bail out bill to spend any way he wants. That was game over. Why would he want to hang around now?

That was the end game. If he didn't get his 100 Billion, he would have then called Martial Law. Now he just leaves an awful mess for someone else to clean up.

This was the operation he was planning all along, and he pulled it off, nobody could stop him, and now nobody is looking. C ya W.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Not saying that anything will or will not happen.
I just wanted to drop a little "food for thought" in your laps, and maybe freak a couple people out.

Just saw this thread and thought I would point it out to you...
2 More Troop Brigades Assigned to Northcom today!
*cue the over dramatic and slightly creepy music*
Duh duh duh duh DUUUHHHH!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1

You obviously fail to see that what you're thinking is just a fantasy, just some dream that the NWO want you to believe in. You have no choice, the president is NOT chosen by the people.

-Lahara

EXACTLY.

If voting changed anything, It would be illegal.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Bush has another few months to act if he wants to.

All you have to do is take one look at the guy and know he doesn't want any part of hanging around DC anymore.

As soon as McCain got the republican nod, Bush stopped working.

(that may or may not be a good thing).

He became like jello - not making any decisions.

He started acting really really goofy (more than usual) - tap dancing for the press, etc etc

The bildebergers have picked their fella - Obama - and now BUsh is just sitting there anxiously waiting until he can escape to south america where his hidey-hole is waiting for him.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You forgot the benefits of all those billions on bail out money, now a trillion already wasted.

Paulson investment in global banks will have a very big cut for all those that help pass that bill.

Bush will live the life, but I think that rather going to south American he will be welcome in the multi billion dollar empire been built thanks to the US in the Arab nations.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

But once the new president has been elected today, he has been chosen by the people.

Like Bush was elected? Twice?

Just have to wait and see...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

wel the new pres, would not be sworn in to president, so even though he is elected, he officially doesnt hold the title until the swearing

top topics

<<   2 >>

join