It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 More Troop Brigades Assigned to Northcom today!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Since mods can't applaud other mods all I got is:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

I agree with some of what you said, but I also disagree with some of it.

I was in the Army for over seven years in armor and later in the MP Corp with deployments to Iraq(armor) and Afghanistan(MP). Currently I am in the Air National Guard.

Some points I want to make:

Sure there are some radical ideologies, but always to the right. Robert Heinlein's Starship Troopers is expected reading, the political philosophy within it is pretty far to the right. The military is essentially dominated by conservative philosophy.

Soldiers are not zombies, robots or monsters. What I mean by that is American soldiers do not blindy follow orders, especially if it conflicts with their principles. I have not seen a unit where people dont question and gripe about orders. In fact I have yet to see a unit that doesn't do things their own way once they get away from command and regardless of orders. They do what is best for them. They will do things out of fear and/or for survival. Sometimes things may seem excessivley violent or brutal, but this only happens in environments of extreme fear and threats to survival. Soldiers react to protect themselves and their buddies. They work together to protect their units. Units are like families and the smallest groups such as fire teams form close bonds. Bonds that become extremely strong in combat environments. Basically my point is that soldiers are not mindless killing machines. They are driven by the needs and fears of the group.

That said, the US military could not be used like robots against the entire US population. A real threat must be identified. One that provokes fear and insecurity. Now those red necky Americans as you put it are not a perceived threat to the military and the military way of life. They are the biggest supporters of the Armed Forces in the country. A real threat would be something that stands in opposition to the military and the military way of life. One that wants to undermine it with civilian national security forces, anti conservative, and anti capitalist programs. Something that most officers and many soldiers would view as Anti American, that threatens to undermine society and the entire American way of life.

Even to a great extent the National Guard is like this, which really surprised me, and for the most part it would fall right in line behind Active duty forces if a threat like that was identified.

So I don't see military personnel as threat to America or its way of life. These are the last two lines of the Warrior Ethos that is indoctrinated into the US Army.

I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
I am an American Soldier

The US military protects America. It is its guardian against all enemies. It matters not if those enemies are foreign or domestic. Real Americans have nothing to fear from the US military. The only people who should ever be afraid of the US military are those who wish to subvert, pervert, corrupt and destroy the ideal that is America.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply MikeBoyd.

What worries me is that given the gang mentality that develops when small groups of junior enlisted men are operating outside the immediate supervision of a staff NCO (which, to me, bears some similarities to highschool clique structure and also seems weaker when the troops are older), the determination of whether or not a person constitutes a threat can be undermined by extreme right-wing ideologies.

When does a US Citizen standing up for himself in his own neighborhood become such a threat that it's OK to shoot him?

When he riots?

When he is in a crowd that looks like it might riot?

When he destabilizes the current political order peacefully?

When he makes himself a nuissance to the current political order peacefully?

When he fails to fully comply with the current political order?

That continuum does exist, and in all likelihood, if armed troops are deployed to control Americans, force will not be applied at either end of that continuum but somewhere in the middle- which is not acceptable.

The government has no right to use force to defend itself against the peaceful efforts of citizens to exercise their constitutional control over that government- but that is a possibility.

8 hours from now, we may have a vice president elect who says that the "real america" is in conservative small towns, and that liberals in suburbs near the Virginia-Maryland border aren't "real Virginians".

The brand of conservative extremism which has gained a following in America of late does not believe that a reporter from Los Angeles and an art student from New York have the same rights as a hockey mom from Wasilla or a cop from Boise.

We've been categorizing people right out of the human race based on their politics, their career, their race, their religion, and their sexual preference.

So let's suppose this election goes screwy and a couple million of us decide to go make camp on the National Mall until we are heard. I think they'd light us up no different than Iraqis. So I'm different because of my religion and my politics instead of because of my nationality and skin color; I'm still not part of their homogenous straight white blue-collar christian conservative nation- I'm an outside threat to that nation- Sarah Palin's "real America"- and for me, getting schwacked would probably take a lot less effort than you might think.

Hardline conservative troops have murdered peaceful American protestors for being too liberal before. There were 1021 casualties- 4 dead, 1017 wounded.

The Bonus Army massed at the United States Capitol on June 17 as the U.S. Senate voted on the Patman Bonus Bill, which would have moved forward the date when World War I veterans received a cash bonus. Most of the Bonus Army camped in a Hooverville on the Anacostia Flats, then a swampy, muddy area across the Anacostia River from the federal core of Washington. The camps, built from materials scavenged from a nearby rubbish dump, were tightly controlled by the veterans with streets laid out, sanitation facilities built and parades held daily. To live in the camps, veterans were required to register and prove they had been honorably discharged. The protesters had hoped that they could convince Congress to make payments that would be granted to veterans immediately, which would have provided relief for the marchers who were unemployed due to the Depression. The bill had passed the House of Representatives on June 15 but was blocked in the Senate.

On the 28th of July 1932, Attorney General Mitchell ordered the police evacuation of the Bonus Army veterans, who resisted; the police shot at them, and killed two. When told of the killings, President Hoover ordered the U.S. Army to effect the evacuation of the Bonus Army from Washington, D.C.

At 4:45 p.m., commanded by Gen. Douglas MacArthur, the 12th Infantry Regiment, Fort Howard, Maryland, and the 3rd Cavalry Regiment, supported with six battle tanks commanded by Maj. George S. Patton, Fort Myer, Virginia, formed in Pennsylvania Avenue while thousands of Civil Service employees left work to line the street and watch the U.S. Army attack its own veterans. The Bonus Marchers, believing the display was in their honour, cheered the troops until Maj. Patton charged the cavalry against them — to which action the Civil Service employee spectators yelled: "Shame! Shame!" against the charging cavalry.

After the cavalry charge, infantry, with fixed bayonets and adamsite gas, entered the Bonus Army camps, evicting veterans, families, and camp followers. The veterans fled across the Anacostia River, to their largest camp; President Hoover ordered the Army assault stopped, however, Gen. MacArthur—feeling this free-speech exercise was a Communist attempt at overthrowing the U.S. Government—ignored the President and re-attacked. Hundreds of veterans were injured, several were killed — including William Hushka and Eric Carlson; a veteran's wife miscarried; and many other veterans were hurt

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I have to agree with a few above.

I think they are being posted here in the U.S. to make up for the police force when the states go broke and cant afford to pay them any more.
We have only seen the tip of the financial iceberg. The effects of what has already happened the past month or so has not taken hold of the general business yet. Once the trickle down effect happens things are going to get worse. We already have 10 states canceling any road construction to save on funding, there are many begging for money because they are going broke.

This bail out is not going to stop the problem, print more money and hope it works.. some how i don't think it will have a huge effect in the long run.

You have the 'fema camps' which I'm sure everyone is aware of.. I see them as extra prisons. Where are they located, near train tracks, cheapest way to ship prisoners.

The part that should really tick you off with all of this is how long has our dear Govt known this was coming? OR did they plan it?

How long would it take to build that many extra prisons? How long has the plan been in the works to move the troops here?
And the big question, What are they going to gain from all of this.. Who has the most to gain.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Just to bring things into perspective for the doubters here, on 9/11 3 planes brought the whole country to a standstill, no flights anywhere for days.

The question should be how many troops would it take to isolate an entire state from its surrrounding states, road and rail blocks and occupying the local airport(s). Its not going to take many is it especially when backed by air mobile units and whatever flase flag they are going to fly when the time comes.

So a scenario such as chemical or biological would keep everyone away from the state and only a small amount of forces would be needed to keep people in. Remeber I am Legand, thats what they did in that film, they kept everyone in the contaminated area, even all the healthy people. So if you want any markers that film is a good example.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
i think the government knows whats happening and now their agenda is speeding up with deployment of more troops on US soil, Critical warnings from many world leaders in a 72 hour period, and it may be just me but ive been noticing more and more emergency broadcast testings on the radio. all this is pointing to something. . .

... meaning somethings to happen in the next coming days, weeks, few months? i dont presume to know but i do know we should be prepared.!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join