It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man that walks through walls

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Report.

It was 1 am today when we received a phone call in reception from room ...3. My colleague answered it, but I did not pay much attention to it because we get many room service orders during the night....

Before I continue I need to tell few things:
1. I do not have any photo evidence, so proof seekers can turn the page
2. I will not disclose full details about where it happened, in which room number and what are the names of the people involved because I am intending to continue my employment there for a while.
3. The event happened in England, in nearly 200 bedroom hotel I work nights full time.
4. I will tell what happened, then I will give some background information and then my thoughts.

...and I thought it is one of those.

My colleague listened and then asked for the name, looked in the system and said "If you could just stay where you are and we'll be there for you in a moment". He looked at me and said - there is a man naked on the second floor. He stays in room ...5, but he is ringing from room ...3. I grabbed a key and rushed upstairs. As I entered the corridor I saw a naked male standing at the end of the corridor at one of the door openings, possibly trying to hide himself in it, but corridor wall was too thin to allow it and could see his back.

I walked towards him and stopped behind him. He was standing still facing room ...5 (the room he was registered in the system). I said: "I'll need you to step way from the door so I can open it for you". He did move a little and I opened the door and let him in the room. I looked at him as he walked in his dark room. He had no clothes on him and his hands were wrapped around his shoulders (to stay warm I guess).

I said "You will need your room key to get your lights on". He turned back. Looked into my eyes as he took the key way from me and said "thank you very much". His eyes were very deep and dark, he turned his back and door closed behind him.

I rushed back to reception to talk it over with my colleague, because it did not make any sense. I mean, we there are a lot of people sleepwalking and they end up in corridors or reception eventually, but it was first time a sleepwalker would end up in another room.

I asked my colleague what exactly did he say on the phone. He said he did not say much - he asked where he is and that he does not know how did he get there, that he is naked and asked for help. My colleague asked his name, checked it in the system and found that he is ringing from the neighbouring room.

I went upstairs one more time to check the room ...3 (the one he was ringing from). The door was closed and locked. There was nothing moved in the room - the bed had not been touched, the bathroom was not used, there were no items left anywhere in the room. The only thing that had been moved was chair near the phone as if somebody have been sitting in it.

In the morning the gentlemen came down and apologized about the inconveniences he had caused and said it sometimes happens to him. I asked if he remembers how did he get into the room, he said he doesn't. I made a joke and asked him he can walk through walls, but he just laughed.

Info.

1. Room ...3 is situated next to room ...5. We have even numbers on one side and odd numbers on the other.
2. We do multiple floor checks every night and I did one just before midnight. On our floor checks we check room handles for early breakfast orders. I would have noticed the open door because it stays open if it is left on a latch, but it was not. If room is not on the latch it closes automatically.
3. To open the door in a guest rooms you need a plastic card. The gentlemen did not have anything on him when I found him.
4. In order to get the light on you need to insert the plastic card in the socket - otherwise light would not work at all. That means that at the moment of phone call he was in a complete darkness.
5. The windows do not fully open - just a bit on the top and there are no interconnecting doors from room ...3.
6. You have to dial "0" to ring reception

My thoughts.

I tried first with reasonable explanations. The only one I could come up with that explains everything is this:

The guy was sleepwalking. On his way back he thought he is going into his room but entered just one before. Unluckily (and very unlikely) for him the door was left on the latch (and therefore open - and I strangely enough did not notice it on my floor walk) and he walked in. Even though it was absolutely dark he couldn't recognise it because his bed was not on the right, but on the left (those room have different set ups). He was touching things around him like a blind person would, until he recognised a telephone on the desk. Because it was dark and he could not see the instructions he tried all buttons until he finally dialed "0" which luckily for him went through to reception.

Notes.

The open door theory is possible but very unlikely. There are 3 reasons why:

1. Housekeeping chambermaids do check all the rooms are closed, the supervisor checks that room are done up to the standard and would be first precedent when the door is left open on the latch by housekeeping in my 6 years experience in hospitality
2. I checked all doors and I would have noticed it because it leaves a big gap.
3. What are the chances that the door that was left open by chambermaids and I did not notice it and was left open on the day there is a sleepwalking guest staying with us. What are the chances that the door that was left open was next to the room the sleepwalking guest is staying in?

[edit on 4-11-2008 by FIFIGI]

[edit on 4-11-2008 by FIFIGI]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
From what you said the guest stated that this sometimes happens to him, but he did not say that he was a sleepwalker. Another possibility would be that he is a UFO abductee as there has been reported cases of people being returned to an area within the general proximity from where they were taken, rather than from the exact location.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Nineteen

Yes, you are right. From what he said - it was not clear exactly what happens sometimes.

So I do not exclude abduction possibility.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Get the phone system checked out...crossed lines, shorts, etc...might explain things. If not, great story.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benarius
Get the phone system checked out...crossed lines, shorts, etc...might explain things. If not, great story.

Yeah, you would be right if there would be doubts whether he was ringing from ...3 or not. It is clear that he did not ring from the room he was registered (why would he ring at all - it would be as if he rang from his room and then walked out naked to wait for me to let him in) and we do not have emergency telephones in corridors.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
My first thought was the phone system was on the brink.

Do the rooms have connecting balconies or fire escapes?
He may have climbed out the window.

Also don't be suprised what a person sleep walking is capable of. It's almost as if they're awake.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
My first thought was the phone system was on the brink.

Do the rooms have connecting balconies or fire escapes?
He may have climbed out the window.

Also don't be suprised what a person sleep walking is capable of. It's almost as if they're awake.

As I said. The windows do not open properly - you can get them 10cm wide max. No balconies and no interconnecting doors.

The only way to explain it without supernatural touch is by a massive coincidence - housekeeping left it on a latch, I did not notice it on my floor walk, and it was left on the day when Mr Sleepwalker stayed and exactly in neighbouring room.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Why do you suppose he left room 3, naked, and stood around in the hallway waiting for someone to show up?

?

"Now that I have some assistance on the way.....I'll leave the relative privacy of this room.....and expose myself in the hallway."

?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
Why do you suppose he left room 3, naked, and stood around in the hallway waiting for someone to show up?

?

"Now that I have some assistance on the way.....I'll leave the relative privacy of this room.....and expose myself in the hallway."

?

I was sarcastic

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

Maybe you didn't understand my question. You wrote that you entered the hallway and saw the man standing naked near room 5. Why would a naked man, with the awareness to call the desk and ask for assistance, leave the relative privacy of a room and stand exposed in a public hallway? To me, that's an even more bizarre question than how he managed to get into room 3.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI
3. What are the chances that the door that was left open by chambermaids and I did not notice it and was left open on the day there is a sleepwalking guest staying with us. What are the chances that the door that was left open was next to the room the sleepwalking guest is staying in?

You forgot to ask one final and all important question.

Is it more likely that all of these events lined up and a sleepwalker was allowed into a room that was thought to be locked, or is it more likely that he is able to walk through walls?

I believe the answer to that is obvious.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

Maybe he's related to Kitty Pride.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

Given the condition I often wake up in.....it's entirely possible I may be able to batter my way through a wall....

Heh.....

Could happen.....

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
There is a book called Faces in the Smoke by Douchan Gersi, he is a documentary film maker that i think was really popular in the 1960s. The book is out of print, but if you can find it, it is a must READ!

He talks about some of the expreinces he had in Haiti. Where he was introduced to a secret cult or society called the flying men of haiti

www.amazon.com...

I was really interested in one chapter of the book. Chapter 7 talked about Gersi's expereince in haiti were he met the leader of the sociey of Flying Men. The leader of the society was Pierre Louis, who later in the chapter told Gersi that his father had tought him to be able to fly/biolocate when he was a child. Pierre Louis later explains the basic principle of flying...atleast in their context

pg 180-181

Quote:
"Members of the flying men are able to bilocate themselves: that is, while the subject remains earthbound, his astral body can be seen by others whereever he sends it

In order to be able to fly- that is, to dematerialize in one place and rematerialize somewhere else- a believer must reach a state of trance and wait to be possessed by ErzulieYeux-Rouges (Erzulie-Red-Eyes), a female loa worshiped as the goddess of love and sex"

There is more to it in the book, but i will give you a section that i found to be very interesting...

Oh and by the way Pierre Louis, took the name of saint-germain to be his own because he heard about his legend and really was fond of the guy...but he is not really saint germain, he just took his name.

anyway:

page 182, chapter 7

"I often asked Saint-Germain to show me how he goes through a wall-to demonstrate the demateralizatoin and remateralization process. He always refused, saying that doing this outside of contect of a religious ritual was against the rules of the flying men. One night, however, we were drinking rum (or rather he was: i was just pretending to drink in hopes of getting him to perform in front of me) and talking in my hotel room in Gonaive, a small seaside town bordering the Artibonite region. Intoxicated with rum and exasperated by my pushing him to prove his abilities. "dont you trust me?" he screamed at one point. "you think we are tricking you?"

"No, no, no, my freind" I replyed gently, trying to calm him. " I just want to see you do it for me as a favor!" Silently he continued to drink for another hour.

"Okay!" he said all of a sudden, getting up, his face coverd with sweat, "okay , what do you want to see?"

I aksed to see him go through the wall of my hotel room and to perform an astral voyage, such as flying to the room i had in my friend jeans house in Port-au-Prince, about a hundred miles away. He said nothing, But when i asked if i could film the scene, He replyied, "what for? It will not show up in your movie, just like all the other times!" And he laughed.

I set up the camera anyway, and said i was ready. He was looking at me with his sweaty face- wasnt sure it was due to a state of trance or to alcohol and heat- and turned toward the wall and walked right to it. As he was about to smash himself against the wall, with my very own eyes i saw saint-German walk through the wall of my hotel room. Or it be exact, he literally disappeard- he dematerialized himself- before smashing himself against the wall. As this happend, my body was coverd with chills and i felt my hair being pulled up. I also felt a kind of heat coming from where saint-german had disappeard. Irushed from the room and found his waiting in front of the wall he had gone through. When we came back into the room, i discoverd that the batteries for my movie equiptment were dead, including extras i had in my room. When i asked Saint-Germanin if he knew anything about this , he offerd no explanation. "it happens even to the batteries of our flashlights when we keep them tooo close to uys, he said"

I may have been hallucinating , but something did discharge my cameras batterias and all the other batteries i had in the room. THe only thing the camera recorded was saint-german as he was looking at me before starting to walk toward the wall. THen nothing.

Afterwords i asked saint germain to go and pick up sometihng. Anything he could find, from my room at jeans house in port-au-prince and ,before coming back, to enter jeans room and say hello to him.

Why" he asked, suyrprised " i dont understand you, if i can walk throuhg a wall, i can go to port-au-prince without problems. Its the same principle whether i decide to go through the wall or i decide to go to por-au-prince or elsewhere"

He was right . Walking through walls and astral voyages should be based on the sa,e [rincilbe: sending the astral body to the final destination. As the astral body materalizez itself and becomes the bixible body, the visible body demateralizes itself and becomes the astral body, which can be called back to the visible body, and vice versa if the astral voyager wants to come back to where he started."

Really amazing stuff, i didnt know we humans are capable of so much...and i hate secret societys, even ancient ones that keep this information from the world!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I dont know about walking through walls... but once while i was staying at my dads, he was sleepwalking and he walked through the glass bay window. .. meaning he almost chopped his neck off.

So.. anything can happen when you sleepwalk. very dangerous.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by calihan123]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
reply to post by FIFIGI

Maybe you didn't understand my question. You wrote that you entered the hallway and saw the man standing naked near room 5. Why would a naked man, with the awareness to call the desk and ask for assistance, leave the relative privacy of a room and stand exposed in a public hallway? To me, that's an even more bizarre question than how he managed to get into room 3.

Yeah - it was bizarre feeling when I saw him there, but I was not too surprised because if somebody does sleepwalking they I find them either in corridor or stairways orreception.

If you think about it - there is no logic in his action. Strange!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

You forgot to ask one final and all important question.

Is it more likely that all of these events lined up and a sleepwalker was allowed into a room that was thought to be locked, or is it more likely that he is able to walk through walls?

I believe the answer to that is obvious.

As I said, it is not obvious to me, what are the chances?
May be you are right, but that is a hell of a coincidence worth posting anyway

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
dont u guys have cameras?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I am not exactly allowed to have camera at work!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Faiol

I am not exactly allowed to have camera at work!

Im pretty sure Faiol meant security cameras --- keeping track of the hallways and such, not personal cameras.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join