It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory on Homosexuality and why it exist.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
what about bisexuals? are they the ubermensch?
homosexuality is natural, and it's not a disease or something

bollocks

it happens also in the animal kingdom, so why not with us?

And yes some men want to be woman, and some woman want to be men
i dont mind, as long as they dont bother me?!

you need to open your mind a little.. in holland it is very common these days.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by n0b0DY

And you have a degree on what. . . and are an expert on Who? . . .

Well I guess is just nothing but personal opinions right?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Very good responses so far. 80% are not bi-sexual. I know that for certain, without having to run around handing out questioners. If they were, then most men would not be homo-phobic, and many are. Or shudder if a man got too close in a suggestive way. Same with most women. I was not alone, but was the norm in my circle of girl friends whenever I went out. But I got hit on alot more than they did by the same sex. Our reactions were the same. The homophobic response is gender oriented. I have absolutely no problem with gay men, in fact I naturally find that interesting, in the same way men think about women. Thats a natural reasons. I've met a small handful of bisexuals during my life. I would have to guess and say 5-8% for each roughly (homosexuals and bisexuals).

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by n0b0DY

Luckily we are not trapped in thinking the way you do.

Calling homosexuality a perversion, or at least equating it as such, is disgusting.

Nice homophobia there. A very appealing quality.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
In any case, sexual preference, is born. Perhaps the numbers are responsive to the percentage of overpopulation of a species as seems to be suggested in some studies. Everyone counts and has the right to a great life. Enough said.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by megabyte

apparently there has been a steady 10% of people born homosexual or lesbian in every generation and around 80% bi sexual and about 10% who are strict heterosexual

Where do you get these outlandish statistics - from a fortune cookie?

As for your copy write, don't worry, it's safe with me...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HypnoAsp
reply to post by megabyte

Damn well put. There is intelligence on ATS.

Thank you!!!

P.S. sorry for typos/misspellings in my previous post, Its late & I think you get in trouble for editing too much....

~Hyp

it takes one to know one!

I just bet you and I will have many intelligent discussions on many subjects

I am so happy to know you!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Sorry for my giant post. I was both incredibly tired (posted this at 4:05am) and incredibly drunk. It probably has nothing to do with this thread whatsoever. Mad rant right there. I'm laughing my ass off right now just looking at the length of it.

Anyway...

I think society should first become more aware of our overall differences. Although the homosexuality movement will be successful regardless, at least through legal and constitutional channels, it won't be a socially accepted institution in the foreseeable future, at least not without action from its own community. People aren't going to just become more tolerant. Although it appears we're heading toward some social Enlightenment, that is not realistically the case, but merely a general sentiment propagated by the most liberal of voices, and really is more an image portrayed by the popular media.

It is the responsibility of all people to agitate for their personal and communal beliefs. Women didn't get the vote by waiting around. They fought and some nearly died for a belief that was so socially rejected that if without those women's actions we might not have seen a difference today. Of course, agitator's of the gay movement won't undergo the same physical battle that those women had in the early 20's.

The major difference in the Suffragettes movement was that women really had no form of political power whatsoever before it. Homosexual men are as free as heterosexual men to pursue their own ambitions, and by extension their own spheres of political and economic power, unlike those women. And since women's emancipation, they too are free to pursue this power as well. This entire movement has a powerful basis.

A shift in awareness will inexorably lead to a shift in representation. However, I think a shift of the balance of political and economic power to homosexuals will probably be a greater force than any awareness campaign could possibly hope to illicit. It just has to known that it's a fact of life, that the choice is a fundamental characteristic of personal liberty, and nothing or no one should be tolerated trying to stop it.

The country's obvious gravitation to relatively more liberal values over the past few decades, including increasing racial, sexual and even political ideological tolerance (the U.S. government is becoming increasingly left leaning) is apparent. Some might discern that on the macro level, society as a whole is entering a period of social Enlightenment, but that is still far away.

The pursuit of social welfare, and its impartial application, is the ultimate goal of any sufficiently advanced society.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
pituitary gland.
thats all it is folks. sorry, i did not choose to be this way. its a tough life.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
ok... im starting to notice a pattern. There are WAY too many threads on this site talking about theories over homosexuality. Why is it such a big deal to everyone? Isnt it pretty simple to explain? They are born that way. Whether it be from the mom having a lot of estrogen built up to create a girl baby, but ends up having a boy instead with all that estrogen, or whether they choose it over time, or whatever the case.

who really cares? let them be.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by governmentsecrets

So are you arguing for or against?

If this choice is of merely biological function, then it should be expected that the very same rights predicated to one set of individuals, based on personal choice, should be granted to as many deviating sets as there are possibilities, all of course within the confines of civility, law and Constitution.

Just as two heterosexual individuals decide to commit to the institution of marriage, two homosexual individuals should have equal right. You can't expect someone to simply act rationally, believing their body has nothing to do with them, disregard their emotional well being for the sake of what many would call social "normalcy".

Here's a thought, one engendered out of the pursuit of reason and empiricism, which characterized the Enlightenment itslf: We ARE our bodies.

That was by rebuttal to your statement, assuming you are against. If you aren't, then well you at least provided a prompt for my above post...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
Very good responses so far. 80% are not bi-sexual. I know that for certain, without having to run around handing out questioners. If they were, then most men would not be homo-phobic, and many are. Or shudder if a man got too close in a suggestive way. Same with most women. I was not alone, but was the norm in my circle of girl friends whenever I went out. But I got hit on alot more than they did by the same sex. Our reactions were the same. The homophobic response is gender oriented. I have absolutely no problem with gay men, in fact I naturally find that interesting, in the same way men think about women. Thats a natural reasons. I've met a small handful of bisexuals during my life. I would have to guess and say 5-8% for each roughly (homosexuals and bisexuals).

i would say there are bi sexual people who dont feel that they are bi sexual but if no other options existed - such as if they were incarcerated - then their bi sexuality would be exploed

but I will leave that to those who know about these things

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by governmentsecrets
pituitary gland.
thats all it is folks. sorry, i did not choose to be this way. its a tough life.

agreed

and the fact that it is a steady percentage who are born that way in every generation should make it obvious - they are meant to be!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

Basically, all debate is very important. We just have to make sure it isn't restricted into the form of a logical argument, where a conclusion is made before we even begin discussing it. Saying to simply leave homosexuals alone is probably more of a disfavor than anything. This whole thing can help straight people understand what leads people to make the choices they do. It would be especially powerful if we can come to a positive consensus regarding a part of society that's generally outcast and estranged.

Personally, I'm seeing some good responses here. Some honest questions, but also some outright defamation. And considering it's a conspiracy forum, there will be always be some outrageous claim. But if you dig at the foundation of those claims, you can basically come out of it with some form of positive corollary, whatever it is it doesn't really matter. All these ideas are essentially rooted in some psychological basis. We just have to dig past all the clutter that's presented in the form of ignorance and conspiracy, and beyond the intention of the original topic poster, and scrutinize whatever truth we manage to reveal as a group in the process.

I don't think there's anything wrong with these threads. And I think whoever goes through this very tedious process ends up being a better, more informed person than they were before hand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join