It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How McCain Could Win!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I find interesting article, prediction from whats seems to be impossible. This raise my interesting up, if McCain suddenly wins today...

It's November 5 and the nation is in shock.

Media blame it on the "Bradley effect": Americans supposedly turned into Klansmen inside the voting booth, and Barack Obama turned up with 6 million votes less than calculated from the exit polls.

Florida came in for McCain and so did Indiana. Colorado, despite the Democrats' Rocky Mountain high after the Denver convention, stayed surprisingly Red. New Mexico, a state where Anglos are a minority, went McCain by 300 votes, as did Virginia.

That's the nightmare. Here's the cold reality...

www.truthout.org...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Could there also be the possibility that the polls are just wrong?

If the polls are such a guarantee, why vote?

The article is interesting but the polls saying that Obama is going to win could also be a reason for people not showing up to vote.

It could also lead to problems after the election if Obama lose. Mainly cause many people take the polls as a guarantee.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The Polls won't be wrong as long as the people polled go out and vote. The only polls that were screwed up in 2004 was the exit polls which have leaned heavily democratic for a long time. In fact almost all the polls had W. winning on Average 3% points(rounded up), ranging from 1-5 points ahead. And gawrsh durn it guess what he one with 3% points and took it as a mandate. Because a 1/6th of the people supported him.... oh wait that didn't turn out very good for him at all. Privatization of Social Security anyone?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

In my country where have never been shown any signs of frauds in votes, accuracy in exit polls has been almost +/- 1-2%. So there is a great quarantee in polls involved.

What I have seen very strange in US election system, after closely watched primary elections about 6 months ago. If compare your system to all over Europe: Something that we can not understand in here...

(I Am Still International Ron Paul Revolution - Supporter!)

How is it possible, that voting goes with same line of % in countryside and in city areas?

- In Europe there is always great difference, who are strongly backed in urban areas, and others, who are supported outside of those.

In US there seems to be no difference. (Am I right?)

- in US you announce winners, when only 40% of votes are counted, and when votes come to the end of count, % change is almost 0%!

In Europe first comes the votes from country sides, and small city areas. There are voting very difference than urban big city areas. Values are different, and in beginning of counting: results ALWAYS change, before the votes from big areas comes and counting goes futher. (After 60-80% counted)

- Thats the time of counting, when we start to see the real winners. There is not one politician in Europe, who can announce him as winner, when only 40% is counted! ( Because this area change ) But that we have seen a lot in USA...

US Vote counting doesnt go like everywhere else, somehow, like we seen in primary, you know too early how voting has gone... Is it a sign from frauds? Preknowledge from how it all will go... Yes, I see it like that.

- Polls shows also very disturbing difference between real results and polls in US. Like I said before, in Europe accuracy usually can be close about 1-2%. In US GOP Primary we see with Ron Paul as big as 20% change between polls and final results.

How is that possible without vote frauds?

- I think US should have international observers like all other country has in their elections, even Russia had over 200 independent foreifn observers in elections. You dont have none: And thats a very bad sign.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Give it up...the race is over and the new guy you have will be called hussein! Karma is such a B****

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Could there also be the possibility that the polls are just wrong?

If the polls are such a guarantee, why vote?

The article is interesting but the polls saying that Obama is going to win could also be a reason for people not showing up to vote.

It could also lead to problems after the election if Obama lose. Mainly cause many people take the polls as a guarantee.

Polls only serve ONE purpose, and that is to inform a Candidate and their Campaign on where they are getting their message across, and where they need to campaign harder.

All of this garbage which has come about in the Internet age is ridiculous. There are over 700 Polls this year, and in the month of October alone there were over 200, which is as many as there were in the ENTIRE 2004 Election Season.

Everyone and their Mom's pretty much has a Poll now-a-days, and they are all based upon differing formulas, and differing methods. So far no one has ever gotten it down to a Factual Science. Also, you have to remember that each organization or group has their own Agenda. If you are voting for Senator McCain/Governor Palin, would you go by a Washington Post/ABC/MSNBC/CNN/CBS Poll? NO WAY.

I truly feel that Polls should be kept to the Internal Campaign Polls, and News Organizations should be kept out of the loop.

ALSO, Exit Polling should be completely banned. I have never seen such large screw-ups, and quite frankly disenfranchisement, as that which results from extremely skewed Exit Polls put forth by Media Organizations wishing to Manipulate the Election Races. In 2000, when the MSM illegitimately declared that Al Gore had won Florida, there ended up being a loss of around 500,000 Votes in the Central, Mountain, and Pacific Time Zones. This was due to the fact, that these voters figured that the race was over. I am at the Polling Center in my Precinct sometimes twice a year, and I usually hang around for a while because I know a lot of folks there. YET, I have never ONCE been approached by someone seeking to record Exit Polls. Half the time Campaign workers do not even bother handing me literature. So it goes to show, do not trust these Cherry Picked Polls.

The only Poll that matters to me is the one that I enter, in order to Cast My Ballot.

BTW, since I usually assist in delivering the Ballots to the Government Center, where they are then locked down by the Authorities, I have come to notice one extremely ludicrous aspect of the Media "Shot Calling": They end up reporting the results of my area, before the Ballots have even been recorded at the Government Facility.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by TheAgentNineteen]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

No, I think you're only seeing it from the perspective of the media.

The U.S. is much the same as Europe. The urban areas tend to vote differently than the rural or farm country because they have different interests.

We notice it more in our local state elections, but the media tends to count the whole state in national elections rather than break in down.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
McCain Election Results

Please discuss this issue in the following thread:
McCain Election Results

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join