It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American School In Syria Obeys Order To Close

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   

American School In Syria Obeys Order To Close

wiredispatch.com

An American school in Damascus closed its doors and told students to go home Monday after the Syrian government ordered it shut down in response to a deadly U.S. cross-border raid near the Iraqi border.

A voice message on the school's answering machine said the Damascus Community School was closed to comply with the government's decision. Students and teachers were seen leaving the school grounds Monday afternoon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Its very difficult to be US Citizen out in the world today. No matter if you are a child or adult, you suffer from your government actions. Passport of USA is dangerous thing to have in possession.

Syria has said, that if US will not ask official forgiveness, or make real statement from reasons to recent attack to their sovereign country, they will act against US with all means.

They are serious on this.

US can not bomb and kill people all over the world, and think they just can do that...

"Who use the sword first, will suffer from it most"

wiredispatch.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
GOOD! If Syria wants to lie to us and say they are stopping these terrorists going to kill Iraqis, then pull our citizens out! How the hell can we trust them to keep our citizens safe there is they won't do what the said they would do, namely helping us smoosh the foreigner insurgency into Iraq!?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarSeaman

Yes, please, remove your "citizens" from the rest of the world too while you're at it. We've had just about enough trying to be friendly to them. It's time they started earning their right to be here, I'm sure many other nations will agree with me.
Darn welfare reapers.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I guess the U.S. should close all schools associated with Syrians now, and treat them as they treat us. Why should the U.S. respect those who hide and protect the people who attack us.

This does nothing to further an effort towards peace. Only bad things will come of this.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Or not. I get treated like royalty when I travel in foriegn countries.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Who attack who, and killed who? I am confused.

How about those estimated 1.000.000 Iraqis, who have killed them? Sure there are many relatives and family from Syrian side too, and refugees, what? I remember read that there are over 1.000.000 Iraqi refugees at the other side of frontier. Are they Terrorist aliens, if they come back to their homeland and fight against invaders? I see them just as freedom fighters.

History only repeats itself here, this reminds from Laos in Vietnam War, when support of war against intruders came from country around Vietnam, and US decide to bomb them too. Did that solve anything then? No. But thousands of more civilians died in those horrific bombings.

JUST STOP THESE OIL/NWO WARS!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by johnsky

Or not. I get treated like royalty when I travel in foriegn countries.

And I bet you stay in 5 star hotels too right? Go and talk to the locals of places like France, Germany, and Mexico and see what they think of us. It isn't pretty.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by goldbomb444

Ive met about ten US citizen here in Thailand, and none of them are proud to say from where they are. They have suffer from being, from where they are.

My friend was just traveling South America. Tourist buss was cleaned from US Citizens to protect the others, and they get other device for transport because security problems, and hate from locals.

I am glad not to be from US...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
what exactly is Syria going to do If they don't get what they are demanding? they going to attack Isreal because of the actions of the U.S? or are they going to send their troops into Iraq To attack u.s soldiers there?

I mean seriously Syria honestly thinks Bush is scared of them? he's leaving office in about 2 months. Maybe if Syria actually got off their butts and round up the terrorist the U.S. wouldn't have bombed them.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Most Iraqis have been killed by Muslim radicals trained in countries like Iran and Syria. Just as Muslim radicals are busy killing people in Africa, Europe, Asia, India, Indonesia, and else where.

From what I hear, moderate Muslims do not approve of the radical Muslim who are murderous terrorists with no respect for life.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   

No, I stay in regular hotels, and travel freely, as do a great many Americans. Last time I was in Mexico I was treated very well, and the same goes for the last time I was in South America. Mot of the people of the world have a great deal of respect for people from the U.S.. They are smart enough to separate the people of the U.S. from the actions of the government.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I think the problem with the boots on the ground is like this - they want the Iraqis to defend themselves but they won't or don't or I don't come across much about it.

Yes, some of the "terrorists" are freedom fighter rebels and I commend them for that - but the methods they use are backward in my eye, and OFC like ya said this is JUST like Laos or France or the US...pretty much the same reasons, too.

A soldier is blown up - his fellows seek revenge - the friends of the person retaliate - rinse/repeat. Mostly that's the whole Islam/Judaism/Christianity paradox AND why the natives of the US ever went to war - avenging past wrongs, perceived and real. ...Sometimes "revenge" happens 100s of years after the initial infraction, too. Why? Do common people (cannon fodder/mobile bombs) get bored with the contest to stay healthy and alive? Or is the cause because of imperfections that happened before in social gatherings?

The curse of humanity is sentience, and our ability to wield things against each other. The "original sin" (of people) was a deception, I believe, between two people - not a spirit snake and one person. Further, the "great lie" is that a part of "god's creation" could be a creator it's self...they say the "devil" is the author of confusion and since that idea is something we can not "kill" we ought to temper our behavior IN OURSELVES before we deal with other people - damn what a friggin book or someone else tries to lie us into.
I do not believe a "benevolent" creator is good at all - and most would argue the concepts in monotheism are revolting to say the least - how could a loving "creator" really get away with making evil and not be held accountable for it? Even giving things this "free will" is a moot point to me...but, I am no judge of things I can't defeat!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

No, I stay in regular hotels, and travel freely, as do a great many Americans. Last time I was in Mexico I was treated very well, and the same goes for the last time I was in South America. Mot of the people of the world have a great deal of respect for people from the U.S.. They are smart enough to separate the people of the U.S. from the actions of the government.

Lol...I had a friend that went to France and got the crap kicked out of him. Two cops stopped a group of about 5 guys from killing him. When one cop found out he was American he joined in. Luckely the other cop had the sense to stop it.

You seem to think we are respected for being American...how wrong you are.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by goldbomb444]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I think maybe you should get different friends. Then again, birds of a feather flock together.

My experiences, and the experiences of my friends, are completely different. Sure, I run into those who want to put Americans down, and they ussually aren't highly regarded by their own countrymen. Change the topic to some other nationality, and they will just as quickly bash the next group.

Now, there are those who do this with a sense of humor, and they are just characters, and can lead to some pretty interesting adventures.

If you get caught in a group of anit-Americans, all you have to do is honestly state that you didn't vote for GW, and that you think GW is an idiot, and you will most likely get a free drink instead of a punch in the face.

new topics

top topics

join