It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is very Strange.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondBelow

Of course it needs evidence. Or do you just think "Today I'll assume the sky is green", for no apparent reason, then get all crankey when people ask you for the evidence that lead you to make such an assertion? Crikey. Talk about irrational behaviour.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by Amniodarone

It might not surprise you in the least, but wait for actual evidence before leaping off the handle into the realms of government-sponsored email-tampering!

And anyone who claims to have access to sensitive information is usually fibbing, as those folks don't advertise that fact. They're most likely just trying to make themselves look better in the eyes of their peers.

Evidence is what we need, and so far there is none for any weird conspiracies involving your email

Really! I'm the most anti-conspiracy person that I know. I NEVER stated that any of this was fact... just gave some strange occurances as to what had happened. E-mails are read by governmental agencies... and the laws in the U.S. have been written to allow that under certain circumstances. I never said anything about E-mail tampering.. Hmmm... Nope, checked my post. All I said is that I could not log onto my hotmail account that I used to register for ATS; and I could log onto my other hotmail accounts. I suggested that the U.S. government has the ability to read e-mails.. and I believe that. If a kid can hack Sarah Palin's email account, its certainly not out of the question for the NSA to be able to do it if they so desired. I believe that there are many threads here on ATS that talk about certain government agencies monitoring certain websites... this one included. Why is this so outlandish to you?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
You might just have some software that is misbehaving and setting your firewall settings for you, albeit incorrectly.

My programs are resetting their own security settings and the firewall is not asking me for verification even though it is supposed to do so in every instance. I have the firewall options set to require verification for ANY changes. NO software is allowed to make ANY changes without me clicking the 'ok' button.

Certainly no software is authorized to change the firewall settings without my knowledge; what would be the point of having a firewall? Yet they have been reset.

Software cannot reset the firewall settings without my approval unless the firewall itself has been compromised.

This would not alarm me too much if it was not accompanied by browser windows abruptly closing and my cursor moving around by itself. Ummm, hello? I know a lot about computers... I have been a web programmer and computer consultant for the past ten years. I am not just some ignorant kid.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to find that every visitor to ATS is being monitored, at least while they are on the site.

And no I am not prone to excessive paranoia.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Thanks for the welcome Extralien! I'll check out the ATS Handbook for sure (it's not small and red is it?! LOL... I Just clicked through and the pic is a small red book. Brilliant!).

I'm the guy who ran the NO2ID meeting on Sunday by the way
Dropped you a message on another thread and comments on your profile! Cheers again.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by allidid

Hiya, please check your U2U's... you'll find it near top of screen in between all your other buttons..looks like this...

click on the U2U button and that will take you to your private message section. ATS has certain rules and chatting to others 'off topic' in someones thread is one of those rules..but not to worry, you'll soon learn and you can always ask others (or me) all about this place.

So, back on topic and in reply to OuttaHere;

I'm also as experienced with computers and the like and you may be right when you say that we may be monitored whilst on ATS. A large majority of us may never ever know if we are or not.

There have been times where I have had glitches that have been completely out of the ordinary and have never repeated since. These things do make you wonder, but just how many people are able to find you out of the millions who are all online? and how many people are actually employed to do this job?

It doesn't bother me either way. They are quite welcome to see how I am involved with this site.. and I'll continue to use it... until they pry the mouse from my cold dead hand

top topics

<< 1   >>

join