It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make clouds disappear with intention

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Wow, this is an amazing thing, that really explains the power of intention and that we really are a collective consciousness, and that we can manipulate our own reality. I tried this my self several different times, and every cloud i focus on with the intention of making it disappear, the cloud just goes away.

educate-yourself.org...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
richard bachman wrote a book called johnathon livingston seagull, and another called illusions. it's not a bad place to start. go ahead and read them before you're spoiled.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Is this phnomenon possible? Yes.

However, is it more probable that the power of suggestion makes you think youre making the cloud go away, when in fact its just evaporating all by itself? Yes.

If you, or anybody, could say, make an [unoccupied] car phase out of existence, then I would be more inclined to believe in this reality manipulation.

[edit on 11/3/2008 by prototism]

[edit on 11/3/2008 by prototism]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Brandon78125

Can this energy only be used to manipulate clouds? I admit it would be fantastic to be able to manipulate weather, but this sort of thing would be dangerous, imagine if you honed the ability until you were able to form hurricanes. While I admit its possible for a chi like energy to exist there is very little scientific evidence for it though that may change in time.

Clouds do have a natural inclination to dissipate...

Heck, maybe I'll give it a try myself and try it out, it couldn't hurt, unless of course everyone starts doing this, no clouds = super global warming...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
There was a thread about this a while back.
Seriously though, how can anyone think that they are responsible for a cloud disappearing. They do it all the time anyways!

Pretty egotistical

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I can call in the clouds, they are my friends. I have helpers and they bring the clouds for me. Never tried to dissipate them.

When the clouds are above me I can make them downpour harder than the shower in your house.

Egotistical, nope. Just happens when I get in certain states of mind and I noticed it a few times. So, I experimented and made it happen - It was like turning the water off and on in your sink.

Seems all the life on earth is sort of networked together and some like some species of forests in the mountains open and close their systems together to the point of pulling in the clouds.

We are all part of nature and we are all connected to the Earth, just living in the cities we have turned off our abilities and we are out of sync.

If you are the nature type of person the ones that all the animals go to - even the ones who don't normally like strangers, but treat you like a long known friend.

Go out in the forest alone on a still clear night - become part of the forest if you can and then watch listen and learn - does the wind make the trees dance or do the trees make some of the wind?

It's not going to happen the first time and it's not going to happen if you have a companion with you whether it's another human or a pet. Like anything you've learned in life you begin to notice tendencies and events that you will recognize until eventually you will know what to expect and the learning process moves along.

Eventually you will begin to hear them - it is like going to large ball or family reunion but all the guest are the trees and they are all family. Tress are much more lively at night than the daytime. You can see the obvious like the different generations and they all have different dispositions - just like people. Once you hear them they will know you're listening. When you travel to other forest they will know you too. It's like you have been classified in a database shared throughout our planet and they know you as you arrive.

I know I'm getting a bit off topic, so I'll stop now.

The subject matter only seems crazy, because we have all been taught that we are apart from the rest of nature, but that's not true we are all connected and we all have influence in everything all around us. I'm not sure what we are, but we are much more than we've been told.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Oh yes !

Thanks for making a thread about this topic

I'd never heard of this 'making clouds dissipate' phenomenon until I saw it a few years ago online. And there were photos of a man supposedly doing it. Old photos .. possibly from the 1920s or 30s.

I forgot about it soon afterwards, even though it seemed so interesting.

Then, a couple of years ago, I suddenly remembered it again while I was outside.

So I tried it. I pushed all the natural scepticism etc. aside. Just blocked it out. And concentrated strongly but calmly . Didn't want to let my emotions get in the way. So even though I was concentrating hard on making a cloud dissipate .. at the same time I managed to remain detached (it's a little trick of the brain .. hard to describe, but a bit like a light-switch).

The cloud did disappear. And it didn't take long, either. On one hand I was amazed that I could do it. Yet another part of me took it for granted.

So I persuaded a family member to come outside.

I pointed to a cloud. I chose a chunk of clouds, all mixed up together. Then I chose a spot in one of the thickest and heaviest sections.

I told the family member that I was going to make that specific area disappear .. leaving the rest of the cloud mass untouched. I thought that was the best way to illustrate it. If I'd chosen a wispy cloud on its own, the family member might believe it had dissipated on its own. So I chose a thick, strong section within a mass of heavy looking cloud. That way, it would be clear that only the target section had been deliberately dissipated.

Then I concentrated on making the target area disappear.

To begin with, nothing seems to happen. Then, it seems to progress really fast after that. Basically, I concentrate, and I include an element of
'fabric softener' into the 'beam' I'm creating with my concentration.

If you've ever poured fabric-softener into a mass of soap-suds, you'll know what I mean. The fabric softener cuts right through the soap-suds, leaving a hole within the mass of suds. So that's what I project, mentally. I 'see' the imaginary fabric softener making a hole in the cloud mass.

Within a few minutes .. not long .. maybe five minutes .. there was a hole in the midst of the cloud mass. The target area of cloud just wasn't there any more, even though all the cloud around the target was still there and not much changed at all.

It was a bit like a new toy for a while and I tried whenever possible to arrange for a family member to be present. I'm glad I chose family members, because they were really reluctant to leave what they were doing in order to witness my activities. They were what might be described as 'hostile witnesses' and only very reluctantly would they admit that yes ... the target areas of cloud had been dissipated. They were far from suggestible and if they could have debunked what was going on .. they would have done, believe me ! Sulky, hostile witnesses who begrudgingly acknowledged that it's possible to dissipate clouds with just concentration. But that's better for the purpose of the exercise than someone who will agree with you, or someone who's suggestible and easily swayed.

I'd forgotten all about it until I saw this thread .. so thanks for reminding me

I'll have to write myself a note, to remind myself to start doing it again.
If I can, I'm going to try to arrange for someone (family members again) to take photos, although that won't be easy, knowing them.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Official name is "cloudbusting" I think.

Stare/concentrate long and hard enough and sooner or later a cloud will dissappear eh?

Not possible in my opinion unless the use of technology, chemicals and modern science are employed.

Great to stare at clouds on a warm sunny evening but to think we can just "think" them away is a little naive.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Pfffft....

New age crap. The clouds will 'go away' whether you stare at them or not...

It's like saying 'by staring at the trees, i can make the branches blow in the wind'.... or saying 'I can make the water in that river flow by staring at them'...

Ptetentious gullibility at its worst.

Pffffft....

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Once you see the face of god you see the face of god in everyone you meet.
A nice little quote, unfortunately I can't remember who it is from.

I will attest this is 100% real but there are limitations on how much a single person can affect physical reality.

First of all it is much easier to effect physical reality if you are the only person using intention.

Secondly the intention has to be pure or in other words a shred of doubt will stop you in your tracks.

A useful way to bypass doubt, if you are a chronic doubter(it is always good to doubt but investigate), is to externalize yourself and then use intention. What this means is to ask the nature/wind/cloud spirit kindly/with love to dissipate the cloud. This works because our egos have a hard time accepting the fact that we can change physical reality.

A single person can effect up to 100 other people(consciousnesses) at his/her max "power". The power exponentially increases with more people using the same intention while being in close proximity. It takes the square root of 1% of a given population in order to effect the population through intention. This is what I was told by a new york times best selling author, Gregg Braden, in a workshop I attended.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

In other words, you are saying that anyone who's successfully dissipated clouds is a liar ?

But have you attempted to dissipate clouds ?

How long did you try ?

How well did you concentrate ?

Oh .. you haven't tried it ?

Dismissed it automatically, huh ?

And proud to announce to the world that you have a closed-mind.

Ok. Your prerogative

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6

In other words, you are saying that anyone who's successfully dissipated clouds is a liar ?

How do you KNOW it was them that made them dissipate?

You cannot prove they did!

Closed minds come in many forms...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I don't think it is wise to point out other faults, it only gives rise to tension and anger.

If they lack the spiritual knowledge to understand whether this is true or not is a shame. It should garner compassion and empathy that they have not been fortunate enough to reach such a level of spiritual understanding.

A bigger shame is if they have decided to close the gates of understanding since they are satisfied with what they know. Those who loose the desire to understand more of themselves become ignorant and those who are ignorant become angry at those who they perceive as wrong(stupid).

So if you and I are truly open minded we have to forgive the ignorant individual because no matter if they feel the need to put down others, karmic consequences will do a better job than a retaliatory post can ever do.

My compassion goes out to you mr-lizard, I hope that life smiles upon you and you reach a higher level of spiritual understanding however life decides to hand it you.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by djpyro21
I don't think it is wise to point out other faults, it only gives rise to tension and anger.

And to NOT do so fuels ignorance!

Never let anyone stop you from revealing truth.

Anger often comes before acceptance. It's not an easy thing to accept one's mistakes or lack of perspective, but the rewards from doing so are worth it imo.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Here's the page where this same idea has been discussed many, many times before.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

cheers.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I did this at a recent high school graduation party of a family friend. It was completely overcast and raining. The whole thing was set up outside and was probably at least a 2 thousand dollar party. I was explaining to the father of the graduate the power of positive thinking and the collective consciousness. He kind of looked at me like I was nuts. So I equated it to the power of prayer for him(he is religious.) Then he was kinda like; "oh yeah! That makes sense." So we put our experiment into practice and within 40 minutes all the clouds vanished! The forecast was overcast and rain all day. The rest of the day was beautiful and sunny!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsEsterhouse

Yeah, I don't trust the weather forecast either!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If you are ever in doubt, try taking a rather large cloud and splitting it in half. It is more convincing than making a cloud disappear completely because clouds do disappear on their own.
I have been doing this for some time now and it is a fun way to kill an afternoon.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
And to NOT do so fuels ignorance!

Never let anyone stop you from revealing truth.

Anger often comes before acceptance. It's not an easy thing to accept one's mistakes or lack of perspective, but the rewards from doing so are worth it imo.

You truly believe that anger can be a catalyst for helping people to become open minded?

Edit: I agree with you if it is done in a face to face manner through constructive criticism. I myself enjoy being criticized in this manner, so that I may fix my faults, and become a more knowledgeable person.

I disagree if you are referring to impersonal forum criticism.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by djpyro21]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6

I'm saying i'd like to see proof that ANYONE at all, has managed to dissipate clouds in a situation that can be proven that the clouds moved ONLY with human intention and not for example.... air pressure, coinicidence, precipitatory change and the like....

But have you attempted to dissipate clouds ?

Yes... a partner used to believe the same thing, we used to sit and meditate in fields and try and move clouds. It was a very beautiful and somewhat innocent thing we used to do....

How long did you try ?

Long enough.

How well did you concentrate ?

Aaaaah, I see where you are going with this one. You are attempting to lead me down a path of either accusing me of being ignorant, lacking in concentration and maybe even close minded, or you'll blame my lack of cloud movement on maybe a lack of spiritual fibre...

Oh .. you haven't tried it ?

See above. You're quite wrong and ignorant. Please deny ignorance.

Dismissed it automatically, huh ?

No, it seems you are the dismissive and somewhat judgemental type. I've been around people who HAVE tried it and my opinions and experience still lead me to believe that this is harmless, new age stuff.

And proud to announce to the world that you have a closed-mind.

Erm... I don't think I remember announcing anything of the sort. Maybe you should stop assuming things and accept the fact that i've given it a try on many occasions with an ex lover of mine and i've come to the conclusion that it's rubbish.

Ok. Your prerogative

Indeed it is. It's also my RIGHT to state that having tried this experiment, i have come to the conclusion that the power of the mind is capable of many, many things.... but moving clouds is more of a natural occurance (y'know precipitation, wind and air pressure)...

But thankyou for your time, it amused me somewhat knowing that your assumptions are all wrong.

One Love

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join