It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool Idea 4 ATS IMO. What do u guys think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Hey all, I just thought of something that could be a really neat new feature for ATS. I was thinking about some kind of art/picture/photo section. With all the strange and obscure topics that we sometimes cover and discuss, especially our personal experiences, it's sometimes hard to visualize what people are talking about. I thought that maybe if someone had a really strange experience, they might be inspired to draw it somehow. This could be about someone's weird dreams, a strange crypto creature they saw or spirit or something like that. I know there has to be some artistic people on here or some people who are good at illustrating events. So if your artsy and creative, or wanna visualize something you're trying to describe for the benefit of others, this would be a good section. Bobthebuilder and his encounter with that "gnome" thing comes to mind.
No one knew if he was on drugs or really saw some little guy on his foot. Well, with this section, he could help us all out with a pic. (Even though I think a pic of a huge bong would show up)

And it wouldn't always have to be drawings, our own photos that contain any bizarre things we were lucky enough to catch could be part of it too. I guess, in short, just a sort of way to get some visual elements on the site.

Also, take the topic of aliens. Everyone who's interested could submit their own drawing/artwork of what they think a reptilian/grey/any species looks like. I know I would like to. I know that for me, when people talk about all these different aliens, (aside from greys) I have no idea what these things look like. So aside from being creative, it could be informational for those who ahve no idea what these things look like. Kinda like a visual catalog.

Last, this could also be used for points. We could have weekly contests of who sent in the best picture or photo. There could be maybe a few sub-categories. You could win points or some other type of prize.

Importantly though, we would have to divide this whole picture/art/visual into two sections. One that is just artistic or creative, and the other for more accurate and factual pictures so people don't get confused between what is just fun and what is accurate. Anyway, this idea can be developed further and there can be lots of possibilities. What do you guys think? I figure, if there's enough support for this, Simon and whoever could and would make it happen. I think it would enrich ATS a lot. Thanks for the opinions.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I love the idea; however I don�t know how the owner of the site would react to the mass of storage space this would require.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Thanks. Yeah, I guess it might demand a big chunk of space. I didn't really think of that. But there's probably enough funds for more space. Otherwise we could donate a little each or something if enough like it.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Yeah, it definitely seems doable if enough people support it.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
well, i guess no one else but kinglizard likes the idea. well....thanks kinglizard for the support.... hahaha.....ha.....ha.....he..ho wo....waaahaaa!

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Riiiigggggghhhhhhhtttttttt.

I think it is a good idea, but like previously stated, it would take an IMMENSE amount of storage capacity on behalf of ATS to contain all of this potential information. Good thinking, though.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
You can already upload pictures to your own upload space. Just draw whatever you want other people to see, upload it and put it in your post.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by amantine
You can already upload pictures to your own upload space. Just draw whatever you want other people to see, upload it and put it in your post.

You can either do this or make a free website and upload your images there. Again, good idea though.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
As amantine mentioned, you could upload your artwork to your upload space. (Instructions in the 'Tutorial' link along the top of the screen.

Then perhaps display it in the Member Art forum.

top topics

join