It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this your first time voting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I am curious, besides anyone who is now of age to vote, is there anyone here who has been of age, does not vote, but is voting this time? And why? Even for those of you who dont make it out each election but still vote some elections, are you voting this time and why?

Please try your best to explain why you are voting this election, WITHOUT simply naming your candidate, and without revealing your party by making the other one look weird.
Can it be done?

I am voting for the first time this year, because I believe the whole thing is a sham, but, I also believe it is important to admit I may be in err since either way all evidence swaying me to believe or not believe, must be taken on faith, so just in case, Im going to vote.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This is my first time to vote, but I did just turn 18 earlier this year, and I know I do not fit into the category of people that the question was aimed at.

My reason to vote, and to always vote, is the right to complain. If you don't vote, and in four years, you hate this and that, I don't want to hear about it, because you didn't voice your opinions when you had the chance.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

Thats awesome, and makes perfect sense. This is where I find myself in a pickle, my opinion of the matter seems hard to, or cannot be, voiced, because it is of a nature that is not encompassed or at all embraced by the system.
By voting, I feel like I am forced to give into a system I do not believe in. Of course there may be a few candidates that may hold the same opinion as I and may be in politics to try and bring this to light. In which case, we will probably have to write them in, hopefully not, but thats what I think.

One thing I do want to mention though, is the matter of propositions, I do firmly believe that voting on them makes a difference; this will be the first year I vote on the presidential candidates.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I am 26. This is my first time voting. First time being registered to vote.

I am voting mostly for the Propositions, because I think my vote matters. I am also voting for POTUS in the small chance that my vote matters

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

awesome, yea, propositions are pretty important I think. Its weird how many people dont understand how society works. Trips me out. I tried to get my friends to go over the props with me and they couldn't even comprehend the explanation on the ballot, W T F man.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I registered in my high school government class when I was a senior in 2006 but this is my first time actually voting in any election.

I registered to vote only for the important positions like President/all Federal positions, Governor, County Executive, County Sheriff, Town Supervisor, etc.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Even tho this thread will be closed soon cause they want to save space, I will answer anyway. This is my first general election tho i was of age during bush steal....i mean win one.

I lost my wallet on halloween both elections, bush 1 and bush 2. So this is the first election that I have actually had my id on me so I could vote.

I want to vote for the POTUS casue I like to pretend that my vote counts. I also am voting against a few propositions tat take away people
s rights, like amendment 2 here in florida.

[edit on 11/4/2008 by Finn1916]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'm 25yrs old. Today is the first time I am going to vote.
I never voted because I always had this notion that "it doesn't affect" me in anyway and this and that. Well, needless to say, I was recently laid off thanks in part to the economical crises. And I can't have another Bush(you know who i'm talking about) come into office and hit us with 4 more years of crap.

It's time for "Change".

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Andre Neves]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I'm 37, and I've never voted in a presidential election, but I'm going to today. My first time voting ever was in the primaries.

I've never voted because of the way I was raised (religious reasons). Even after I left home and developed my own opinions, I was apathetic towards it even though I didn't oppose anyone's right to do it.

But, it's different this time. I'm not happy with this administration, to say the least, and even if my vote doesn't mean anything in reality, I still want my voice to be heard.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
My 19 year old daughter called from college today. She had voted and was excited. You could just hear it in her voice.

I will tell each and every one of you American's who voted today, as I did my daughter....

Congratulations on becoming a good, responsible citizen of a great country. You have a voice, now it can be heard.

new topics

top topics

join