It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you stop believing if Religion is a proven lie?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorex
While I agree that most religions are false, including most of mainstream Christianity (since their doctrines are based mainly on paganism and not what is contained in the actual Bible), as far as I'm concerned, the Bible, through prophecy, has already be proven to be true, if you simply open your eyes.

2Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

It was through Biblical prophecy that my eyes were opened to the fact that God does exist, and what is contained in the Bible is true. People can rave on about how the Bible is simply a tool to control men and how it has been changed over time, but how do they explain the intact ancient manuscripts that are the same as todays copies, and why does one third of it contain prophecy, all of it fulfilled except the prophecies concerning the end times, which are now being fulfilled. This free online book was the first one that blew my mind....

The United States and Great Britain in Prophecy - biblical-truth.com...

If you can read that free book and not at least be curious, then you have already made up your mind before even reading it.

There are many sites out there showing the fulfilled prophecies of the Bible. The Bible can and has been proven true, if you simply throw away all your ignorant excuses to not accept it, and take a long hard look at prophecy.

[edit on 3/11/08 by doctorex]

sorry... but after reading "the supreme power of the universe inspired isiah to write..." what?? huh?? 1st, how does anyone know what or who the "supreme power of the universe" is? and how does anyone know that this "inspired" isiah? ... nobody ever told a lie back then to further their own stature and prominance???

and about the bible...maybe you can tell me how many "books" in the bible have been deleted, or changed during the last 2000 years?

and about the prophecies...maybe alot of them were for the near future of when they were written... for something to be a prophecy, it has to have accurate and detailed information that CANNOT be spun...and it can only point to 1 specific place in future time.
c'mon, this is nonsense

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Like I said, if you can read that book and not at least be curious, then you've already made up your mind before reading it.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

Like I said, if you can read that book and not at least be curious, then you've already made up your mind before reading it.

i only criticize when religion is used to enact civil law, that is against the equal protection guaranteed in the U.S. constitution.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

i only criticize when religion is used to enact civil law, that is against the equal protection guaranteed in the U.S. constitution.

Then why did you criticize my post that had nothing to do with your complaint about religion enacting civil laws etc?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

and making broad, sweeping statements that are unsubstantiated does not mean i've already made up my mind, nor does it mean that i'm not one to posess curiosity. and maybe you can tell me how i've made up my own mind, since you seem to state that as being fact.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Then why did you criticize my post that had nothing to do with your complaint about religion enacting civil laws etc?

because "belief" tends to be taken, and/or put forth, as widely held fact. plus...i simply like to dispute religion and the people that believe in it. it's a rather selfish pleasure, and not something i do to demean anyones belief, but try to get them to explain their beliefs rationally.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by jimmyx]

[edit on 6-11-2008 by jimmyx]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   

because "belief" tends to be taken, and/or put forth, as widely held fact.

Well that is why I posted the link to that book, so you could see how much fact is behind my belief, but you read a line you didn't like and the rest is history.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by doctorex

Let me give you still another definition of GOD. Although the only wise and true God is the
Great Creator-Ruler of the universe, there are many false or counterfeit gods. Satan palms
himself off to the deceived as God - and indeed the Bible plainly calls him the god of this world.

ok, this is near the end of your "reading" copied directly...
please, please, tell me...someone is going to tell me the factual definition of a mythical being(GOD)... and this is it?...and it is a fact that a mythical being(SATAN) is god of this world?....

i want my own mythical being to be god...is that alright with you?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I think any organized religion should be abolished even if it was known to be true. All it does is create a controlling power. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely. Religion should be a choice and not a must.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Your god is what you lift up before God, or whatever you worship before the true God, if it isn't the true God you are worshiping. That is what this is saying. If you follow Satan like most of world does whether the realise it or not, Satan is your god, even though he is not technically a god, he has simply deceived the world. That is what is meant by the god of this world being Satan.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join