It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll Stories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I thought it might be interesting to get a little slice of everyone's experience at the voting booth. Weird phenomena, nefarious deeds, stolen doughnuts, whatever you encounter at the poll.

It could be the ATS version of This American Life.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by round_eyed_dog]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
My story isn't one of great importance, I suppose, but I once went to the polls and wanted to write in candidates names. The list of offices was great that year and it took me a bit to write in the names I chose to write in. I had heard we were allowed 5 minutes to vote, but I was only in the booth for at most 2 minutes and one of the poll volunteers began yelling at me to hurry up. Anyway, there was not a long line and I couldn't see what all the fuss was about. Well, the poll volunteer made such a fuss and after I left the booth she began lecturing me and so I told her to shut up. And at that the few people in line all glared at me and I could tell they all thought I was a bad man. lol. So I gave them all the finger. Yeah, not a very adult thing to do, but what the hell, a finger is worth a thousand words sometimes.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I jokingly pointed out to a very large man next to me in line that it looked as if people were going into the booth area but it didn't look like they were coming out.

Much to my surprise he said, "Oh my god you're right!" and started acting nervous.

I then calmly told him that I was joking and that there was a side door. He kind of half smiled and stepped farther away from me.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I arrived at the middle school in where our area's voting stations were. Everyone was quite and the atmosphere felt intense. I waited only about twenty minutes to get to the p-w desk to get myself signed in. I then took a "I voted" sticker and put it in my pocket.

After that, I waited in another line for a man to punch in my numbers and then I waited in the final line to get to the voting booths. The booths were fairly easy. I used a dial to choose my candidates and none of them switched.

Overall, it was the easiest thing I have done since grade school. I am fortunate that my polling station had no problems and everything went quick and smooth.

Gooc luck to all candidates!

Allison

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Well the only story I have is the one by my husband as I voted earlier in last month and had no problems at the voting precinct.

My husband took the same route of last year getting early this morning as the precinct last year was a walk in and out.

When he arrived this morning at 7:00 he said that the line was wrapped around the building (a church) and that a" 50 million people" (exaggeration occurs) was waiting to vote so he gave up and decided to comeback this afternoon.

Now as we have been voting in the same place for more than two elections this is new to us.

That place never has gotten that full with people waiting to vote.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I also saw a very large turnout at my polling place. You could tell that the officials were a bit overwhelmed.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
On the last primaries, I showed up to the same place where I had voted before. They told me my name was not on the list and I was supposed to vote at another location. I proceeded to the other location and was told there was a problem and that I needed to do a provisional ballot.

For the election today I did an early mail in ballot.

I am a registered republican.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I just got back from voting, there was a long line, which I have never seen before at my polling place.
I arrived at 7:15 and left at 9:15.
Jim Inhoff, our incumbent republican legislator was right in front of me in line, which was interesting to say the leas. I avoided small talk with him because I am not a fan

THe only other signifigant thing to report was that in oklahoma there is no 3rd party candidates on the ballot and no place to right them in.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Election Irregularities & Fraud

Please discuss this issue in the following thread:
2008 Election Irregularities & Fraud

Thread closed.

top topics

join