It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A tribute to George W Bush topic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I don't know where to post this but I'm making this a tribute topic to our 42nd and 43rd President. Liked or not, he has been our President for 2 terms.

This is the last topic I'm making before tomorrow.

I am going to miss these last 8 years and all the Bush bashing.

They have been very dramatic.

I think we should look forward to the future.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

Shouldn't a mod be able to see that this post is clearly trolling?

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
i kinda feel sorry for him in a way. i suppose he feels he did his best.

on the other hand ...

i just hope the situation in your country isn't hopeless and obama is able to make inroads into cleaning things up.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

Me too. I hope Obama creates a social movement which will start a change. I think Obama is utterly useless without a social movement going with him. Which is why, I hope people tell him what kind of change they want so we can get the country going in the right direction because without a plan for change we won't be able to get off on the right foot.

I see Obama as getting us more friends.

If John McCain is elected I see us regaining some friends and allies, but, not making nearly as many friends if Obama is elected.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

so in the spirit of your thread ... what are some of the good things bush has done or achieved? i've only really heard the negative but i'm sure it wasn't all bad.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'm likely feeling the results of the last four fingers of Jack Daniel, but the only movement that I anticipate Obama giving me is "bowel."

Bush tried. He had some of the most brilliant dumbasses in the world giving him advice.

You ever notice that some of the most brilliant of people can so entangle a problem beyond recognition and thus solution, when the answer is right there in front of you - and so simple? I appreciate the nuances that brilliant people can bring to a discussion, but those very nuances make them forget the basics of the problem.

Funny. We haven't been attacked lately, and that disaster in the early days of his Presidency became his prime concern. Lots of costs there. Dollar wise.

I really think that historians will be a bit kinder. Geez. I can still taste the disaster that Carter was. That was without a doubt, the sorriest President in the entire 20th and 21st Century, Bush-haters aside.

He was dealt some really bad cards. He won a few hands, and lost some.

Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Good things George W Bush has done.

Well, let's see. It's hard to talk about the good things that he has done because they have been criticized so much in our country but I'll talk about the good ideas he's had just to be fair to him.

He has raised the standards of education with the no child left behind act.

He has asked the nation to be united when we were in the time of the Iraq war when other nations were leaving us. He did a good job at uniting people for the first 4 years when he needed to make crucial policy decisions.

We have faced no terrorist attacks on our home soil since 9-11-01.

He's provided us with a source of comedy in our every day lives.

He helped the nation get tougher on the terrorism problem.

He stopped North Korea from developing nuclear weapons with diplomacy.

He asked for bipartisan support during the economic meltdown.

He outed Saddam Hussein and went into Afghanistan and toppled the Taliban over there.

That's all I can think of the good things he's done.

With so many bad things you hear about him it's hard to think about the good things he's done too. You know what I mean?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

i do know what you mean.
i imagine it's hard not to be disappointed in him all things considered.

but oh well ... poop happens, lol.

that he has!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I think after this election Bush should be a standup comedian.

He'd be great at doing comedy acts.

He should have his own show "Bush and pals".

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
All I can say is that he should not have gotten his first term in office. The American public did not elect him by popular vote (to the best of our knowledge.) We need to do away with the electoral college. It is an outdated system designed when there was no means of rapid communication and at that time might have had a good argument. We need to completely do away with electronic voting. It provides a medium that has been shown to be easily manipulated with no signs of tampering. The peoples vote is what counts and it should be counted carefully with something tangible (I.E. paper ballots). Another downside of the electoral college is third party candidates don't have a chance, even if the people elect them by popular vote.

There are just far too many ways to take the decision out of the peoples hands. I think people on all sides of the fence feels it's broken and it does nothing but makes people angry when the results are questionable without a method of proof.

I want who America picks to be the president, even if it's not who I voted for. I also want to see proof that that's how America voted. Paper ballots can do that well if they are designed well. Hell, you could even scan them and put them online once counted so people could go back and verify it was counted and it was the same as it was when it left your hands.

The system needs fixed so the decision and trust can be returned to all that vote.

[edit on 113030p://111 by shizzle5150]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Before I start, let me say I realize that you are trying to be somewhat nonpartisan here. And, though I despise the Republican party and right wing ideals in general, I commend you for your efforts. That being said...

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Good things George W Bush has done.

Well, let's see. It's hard to talk about the good things that he has done because they have been criticized so much in our country but I'll talk about the good ideas he's had just to be fair to him.

He has raised the standards of education with the no child left behind act.

I will give you that raising the standards of education is an absolutely essential movement in this country right now. However, every teacher I have personally talked to, or seen on tv, or who has written editorials on this subject, says the same thing about the no child left behind act; It was an abysmal failure. The unwillingness to fund this act left it floundering and impotent from day one.

He has asked the nation to be united when we were in the time of the Iraq war when other nations were leaving us. He did a good job at uniting people for the first 4 years when he needed to make crucial policy decisions.

He may have talked a big game about unification of the country, however his actions speak much louder than his words. As a result, this country is as divided as it has ever been. He did ask us to unite in order to defeat terrorism, and we did. Then, he proceeded to destroy our trust and willingness to unite by tearing the constitution to sunder and involving this country in an illegal war based on intelligence that he knew was false when he used it in justification of the war in the first place.

We have faced no terrorist attacks on our home soil since 9-11-01.

I can't argue with this point. However, many on this site would say that 9/11 was preventable at best or perpetrated by his administration at worst. If these accusations proved to be correct, really, all he did was save face by not perpetrating another false flag attack or perhaps actually listen to intelligence reports when they said things like "(insert name) is determined to attack inside the United States." I can hardly congratulate him for that.

Well, I could not agree more. This was his one resounding success. However, for every time he made me laugh, there was anther time where he left me steaming at his ignorance and intolerance for the core values that made America the great country it was before he took office.

He helped the nation get tougher on the terrorism problem.

I don't know about this one. Many would argue that this country has a much larger problem with radical Islam today than we ever had before invading Iraq. Things like the Dubai ports deal, which Bush cheered for, make me wonder whether he really ever wanted to make our country tougher on terrorism or if instead his true goal was to use the fear of terrorism to force Americans to give up many of the rights that made America great.

He stopped North Korea from developing nuclear weapons with diplomacy.

Well, given that he created the problem in the first place by cutting off their funding for the plants thereby forcing them to kick us out and do with the plants as they liked, I'll say it was kind of a zero sum accomplishment.

He asked for bipartisan support during the economic meltdown.

Given that this only occurred in the last 30 days, I'll say that the jury is still out as to whether this was a good thing or not. It could have been a huge giveaway that we will be paying for for generations.

He outed Saddam Hussein and went into Afghanistan and toppled the Taliban over there.

Again, though these ends may have been worthy of praise, the means by which they were accomplished leave much to be desired, and that is putting it lightly. This being said, I am not even going to get into the side effects of the removal of Saddam.

That's all I can think of the good things he's done.

I agree, I could think of no others. However, good job in listing his questionable accomplishments. I know you were only trying to put lipstick on a very ugly pig.

edit to add: All this being said about the man, I have often said that George W. Bush would be a fun guy to sit down and have a beer with. But that is not to say that I wanted him running our country for the last eight years.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by BluegrassRevolutionary]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Although I was ashamed a few times about what he has done or helped do etc....I did think he was really funny and would make a really good comedian just being himself .....I have never laughed so hard as I did watching all of the You Tube videos of him ....I know it doesnt sound good that we think our President is just a comedian but he really was better at that than he was being a president ..Which I am sure that was why Cheney was VP ...daddy Bush and Cheney knew that while GW was entertaining us (distraction)..they could do whatever they needed in the background to get us where we are today .....

Bush I am going to keep praying for you ....no matter what happens ..I forgive you and I pray for your salvation .........
I figure you were a product of your enviroment (mom and daddy and whoever else helped raise you) ....so I dont hold you completely responsible ..although you could have just BUCKED EM ALL and not obeyed your evil masters (higher up PTB whoever they are) .......and come clean with Americans on whats all been going on .......that would have been much appreciated ...who knows since your on your way out (I think) maybe you could still do it ....and we can all change things together and make it better ..... .....

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
does anybody else want to give a tribute to GW Bush?

i mean - obviously things haven't panned out but ... surely more than one of you can put together "something" good to say about him? (good god! i can't believe i'm having to ask this) *dry laugh*

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I am sorry, maybe I missed the point of this thread. lol

Lets see here...tribute...ummm

I got it.

The one thing that I can thank GWB for is that he helped me realize how much I loath right wing politics and politicians (I don't by the way loath most right wing voters as I see them as, um, confused). Before his administration, I used to vote for the occasional deserving Republican. Thanks to Bush, I will never make this same mistake again. So thanks George, you helped me discover my true roots as a proud and staunch liberal.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Yes poor Ol Bush,
Ive really learnt alot about myself and the world watching him, listening to him, and thinking of the morality a country holds.

George taught me so much, and I will surely raise a glass tomorrow morning, when his succesor is named, and in January when he leaves.

But make no mistake, they all deserve to be tried and convicted and executed.

Not becuase I dont agree, but because justice must be served.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
well

okie dokie then.

anyone else?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I give Bush for trying his best. We are not privy to all the information he gets and it is easy for us to play Monday morning quarterback. I also feel that Congress had a lot to do with the last 8 years also. About the only thing I can do now is to sit back, pop open some beers and enjoy the same criticism about the next president. Trust me it is coming faster than you think.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I thing that Obama is going to destroy our country!!!!!!!!! Maybe if Clinton did his job when he was in office (instead of getting blow jobs in the Oval Office) 911 would of never happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you except when we are in war?! That he gets done for free!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I will construct a golden shoe as a piece of art, and title it, "Best President Ever Award".

He was the biggest troll I have ever heard of, and I look up to him for that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join