It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bones are Fossett

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Bones are Fossett

www.cnn.com

Testing at California's state crime lab determined that "two large bones" recovered Wednesday matched Fossett's DNA, a spokeswoman for the Madera County Sheriff's Department in California said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Darn it, that was one of the coolest mysteries on this site. I was really hoping the other dimension theory panned out, oh well, CASE CLOSED!

Only thing left to discuss is how did the body get a 1/2 mile from the plane? Did animals really move it?

Oh and this little tidbit: "Previous DNA tests on what were believed to be bone fragments at and near the crash site showed that the fragments weren't human remains, Anderson said."

So at the crash site are the remains of something..."not human?"

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The animals probably dragged parts of Steve's extremities away to
eat them. His pants were apparently still attached and dragged with
the leg(s) to the feeding area. Money and ID Cards were found in two
places over that 1/2 mile stretch. I hope he died instantly upon
crashing.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Coolest mysteries? I'm not being rude but all of it made complete sense. He was flying low scouting for a place for the new US land speed record attempt, got caught in bad weather, and was slammed into the rugged countryside. He didn't file a flight plan, wasn't wearing his Breitling Emergency watch, and had an old emergency beacon that is renowned for not being reliable after a crash.

Unfortunate - yes, mysterious - not. This stuff happens every single day.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

A guy disappears for a year after a plane crash every day?

Can I get the source of your info?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Check out this story of a plane crash victim whose remains were not discovered for some 53 years.

But really, I do not think that Dave is saying that plane crash-related disappearances are solved every day. I think he is referring to the tragic circumstances of Fossett's demise... Slip-ups (lack of flight plan), unfortunate little events beyond his control (the weather) -- they can all build up upon each other, and sometimes they'll ultimately result in a very sad end. It is something that happens to many people throughout the world; we just don't always get to hear their stories.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Siblin

It's not every day that a famous "adventurer type" vanishes. It is tragic, but considering his personality, there was room to suspect a "fake your own death" type deal don't you think?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Bad things happen to famous people too.

top topics

join