It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Election Myths that Wouldn't Go Away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The Election Myths that Wouldn't Go Away

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – Americans who tuned in to the last round of John McCain and Barack Obama campaign rallies will be voting Tuesday with some false notes ringing in their ears along with the hurrahs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The one thing I hated about the election process was the fact that BOTH sides have been slinging false rhetoric this entire time. And what did it cause? Good-hearted Americans to reiterate lies and use those lies to base entire opinions.

That said, I am happy to post a link to all the questionable assertions made by the campaigns. It is from Yahoo, so barring that these are all lies too, I am going to list a few...

"My friends, if I'm elected president, I won't spend nearly a trillion dollars more of your money. Sen. Obama will."

THE FACTS: McCain's health care plan alone is estimated to cost $1.3 trillion over 10 years by the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, which also estimates that McCain's tax cuts and spending programs would drive up the national debt by $5 trillion in a decade.

_"We're going stop sending $700 billion to buy oil from countries that don't like us very much."

THE FACTS: A wildly inflated figure that McCain kept using after it was refuted.

_Palin told two tall tales almost in the same breath in her final rallies. In Jefferson City, Mo., she declared about Obama: "He voted 94 times for higher taxes, even on hardworking, middle-class Americans making just $42,000 a year."

THE FACTS: This highly misleading if not fictional count includes times when Obama voted to cut taxes for the middle class — that's cut, not raise — while increasing them on the rich. An analysis by FactCheck.org found that 23 of the votes were for measures that would have produced no tax increase at all, seven were for measures that would have lowered taxes for many, 11 would have increased taxes on only those making more than $1 million a year. Her count also includes repetitive votes for the same measure.

"If you make less than $250,000 a year, your taxes will not increase one single dime. Not your income tax. Not your payroll tax. Not your capital gains tax. "

THE FACTS: Not quite. Individual taxpayers making over $200,000 would see tax increases under Obama's plan, along with those who report joint income over $250,000.

You know, I'm sure all the American people really want are the facts. How about practice that more, because all these lies are starting to have an adverse reaction to the American people, imo.

AAC

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-11-2008 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Just last night I was listening to people regurgitate a lot of this false truth spin to validate their reasons for one side or the other. Every time I said something about political mudslinging, out-of-context, outright lie, or party spin, I was all but attacked. I was not defending or supporting Obama or McCain. I was trying to get the truth out. All I got were responses from sheeple so deeply in the dark about the truth that they could not even light a candle to see their way.

Its sad. Its pathetic. I can hardly wait to hear the complaints in a couple of years when all the truths that the few have tried to get out to the public wash up on their doorstep. I suppose some people need to actually feel the cold iron of the shackles clamped down on their ankles before they will realize the truth of what is going on around them.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
What offends me most is that Magic "95%" always touted by Senator Obama. It is the GREATEST lie EVER conceived, yet so many believe it, simply because he keeps on repeating it ALL THE TIME.

Just look at it this way, Senator Obama claims that "Only 5% of Americans Make over $250,000". Then in the same speech he talks about "Universal Health Care", and "Universal Education". That "5%" of Americans that he assures us will bear our burdens, already pay around 70% of ALL our Federal Income Taxes! There is no way in any sort of possible manner through which he can carry out his Socialization of Health Care, and Education, while "ONLY" raising the Taxes for this "Top 5%".

Then he also talks about "Lowering the Taxes for 95% of Americans", albeit nearly 50% of that number does not even pay Federal Income Taxes. So here we have a situation where the "Top 5%" of American Income Earners can already not bear such a burden, but on top of THAT, he is also going to make this proposal even MORE of an impossibility by promising to "Lower Taxes for 95% of America".

He even went on to use his Magic Number "95%" so often, that he declared "95% of Small Businesses make under $250,000". That is an outright LIE. LESS than 40% of Small Businesses make under $250,000. He also fails to mention that Small Businesses includes FARMERS. Farmers generally make around $700,000 Annually, and most of that Income goes right back into Equipment Procurement and Repair, Labor, Crops, Bills, Taxes, etc. When all is said and done, most Farmers end up with a Middle-Class Income. What do you think will happen when you Tax them to Death? The Produce and Food prices will Skyrocket for US, the Consumers. Then the Private Farmers will be driven out of business as a result of this, and the Government, through Corporations, will take over Farming. That is what the Soviet Union did, and it might actually become a reality here in America if Senator Obama gets his way.

Last but not least, his "Lowering of Taxes" is another Complete LIE. He is going to DOUBLE Marginal Taxes for anyone making under $40,000 (From the current 20% to 40%), and raise them by an entire 35% for those making between $40,000 and $50,000 (From the current 0% to 35%). For those making between $50,000 and $80,000, he will raise Marginals by 6% (From the current 10% to 16%), and Finally, for those Making OVER $100,000, he will raise the Marginals 15% to 20% (From the current 35% to over 50%). So just imagine that you have a Salary of $99,000, and a Marginal Tax Rate of 10%. What happens when you suddenly earn $100,000 and are thus promptly slammed with a Marginal Tax Rate of 50% (A Straight 40% Jump!)? You will end up with less Money in YOUR Pockets, then you did when you had a Lower Salary. Does that make any sense? Where will the Motivation be to Move up the Pay-scale? THAT is Marxism.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Please redirect your comments to this official "mud thread".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

==Thread closed==

top topics

join