It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

walmart and the rfid pills?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
i found this link interesting news.com.com... i never had any idea Walmart wanted the pharmaceutical companies to chip pills. what effect would this have on the human body? thoughts?

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Walmart was asking for the shipping containers carrying the pills to be chipped, not the pills themsevles.
I don't think the FDA would allow anything in the prescription pills except the actual drug.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
You really couldn't chip pillws, considering the effects it would have on the human body. Like Star Eagle said, the FDA wouldn't allow it to begin with. I could see Chipping the bottle caps maybe, especially the containers considering some things like to 'fall' off the truck if you get what I'm saying. So, it would be a good decision to do this, i twould stop a lot of people from stealing things when they know they could be tracked down.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RabidGoose
You really couldn't chip pillws, considering the effects it would have on the human body. Like Star Eagle said, the FDA wouldn't allow it to begin with. I could see Chipping the bottle caps maybe, especially the containers considering some things like to 'fall' off the truck if you get what I'm saying. So, it would be a good decision to do this, i twould stop a lot of people from stealing things when they know they could be tracked down.

Good point. However, it could also take on a whole new light.

Take into consideration the fact that "if" prescription pill containers were "tagged" with RFID's, this would not only allow distrubutors and "others" to track to containers to their ultimate destination, but would also allow them to track personnel assigned that specific prescription, thus creating a large scale tracking system on all personnel taking the drug in question.

They didn't say that the RFID's were going to be used solely for that purpose, and then once at the drugstore, removed from the containers. This could easily be a cover-up to assist other programs within the DOD and other functions of government.

I don't take drugs, so I'm not really worried about it.

You ADD people out there better watch out, though!
They'll be watching...

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild

I don't take drugs, so I'm not really worried about it.

It doesnt really matter if you take drugs. This is just the first step to having your life "chipped" out.

Go ahead and start off with something that makes sense and is beneficial. Then something else will become beneficial.....then something else.......then something.....then.....

Well you get my point.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
perhaps used in a series of testings for certain rxns to drugs ? lets use this part of the country to test such and such supplement/herb/drug and see what the effect is.

or see how well it sells.

top topics

join