It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Color an issue in the Election?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I grew up in a segregation era. I can remember the restrooms for whites and coloreds. I remember the different drinking fountains. I was a sophomore in high school before I had a class with a black kid. There were 5 blacks in my high school of 1600 kids (no black or other minority teachers at all). This is the era and time I grew up in. There are literally millions of people in the USA that grew up the same way I did.

Not all of us have grown beyond judging a person by color instead of their action.

As was said by many, stereotypes play a big role in this thought process.

This is a sad truth of a nation of immigrants.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Obama is half white so therefore he is not the first African American President! He was raised by his white mother and grandparents and his father abandoned him when he was a baby and he only met him once!

The thing that is killing me is that the dumbass media, and ignorant African Americans (certainly not all of them) and many other Americans of different ethnicity all claim that he is African American when he is clearly just as much caucasian American.... What a weird world we live in today!

<< 1   >>

join