It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaur tracks destroyed by new museum...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Just got an urgent email to make this public, it appears a dinosaur museum is about to destroy some dinosaur tracks!!!!

from here....
pub69.ezboard.com...

These are not the tracks that Randy photographed earlier, but they need preservation FAST. Please read this and voice your opinion.

Paleontological community action is urgently needed to preserve the important new discoveries at the St. George, Utah dinosaur track site. Many of you are familiar with the "dinosaur sit site" which was announced last week (and was also featured on The Today Show on Sunday, March 29). This site will be destroyed in the building of the new museum:

tv.ksl.com/index.php?nid=39&sid=84035

tv.ksl.com/index.php?nid=5&sid=84026

"Researchers made rubberized casts of this latest discovery - since construction crews tomorrow will begin tearing up the area to make way for St. George's new one-point-two million dollar dinosaur museum. That building will eventually protect all the other tracks found at this historic site."

Sources close to the excavation have told me that removal of the rock at the top of the site has just started, but that workers are moving very slowly in hopes of someone stopping this destruction.

The large latex peel that was made is too thin and needs to be stabilized first to have any chance of being a good replica. All of the latex stock in town has been used (and they have been working by flashlight). Those who are trying to study the site need more time to finish mapping the area, as they are finding more tracks as they clean. They also need time to finish a proper latex peel.

What is needed right now is for the city to ask for a variance to build closer to the roadside. This new, rare dinosaur trackway deserves protection and study as a world-class site--and a time extension and zoning variance are critical.

Please write to the following key e-mail addresses to express your support for the protection of these scientifically unique and important tracks:

Martin Stephens, Speaker of the House, [email protected]

Wayne Harper, House of Representatives, [email protected]

Kent Perkins, St. George Leisure Services Director, [email protected]

Dan McArthur, Mayor of St. George, [email protected]

Gary Sanders, Community Arts, [email protected]
Edited by: Whyte Eagle at: 3/29/04 6:57 pm

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I will send an email.

It is so ironic the circumstances.

A museum being built destroys history !

Reminds me of the Miami stonehenge looking site discovered downtown.

There was a big fight to stop the construction over the top of it.

Not that I am sure it will eventually happen.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
You would think the people who are having the dinosaur museum built would understand why they need to wait to build it. I will send an e-mail netchicken, but only because you asked us to.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I am not asking anyone to do anything......

Just reposting the article from the site...

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Who would sen you an email like this and say it is urgent?

new topics

top topics

join