It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unsure about salary expectations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I've been trying for a while now to find a new job...not an easy task being out of the workforce for a few years. However, I've come across a job posting that is offering training and actually acknowledging and accepting applications from new grads and those returning to the workforce.

I fit all of the requirements and was very excited to send in my resume and cover letter today. The downfall...they didn't list wages/salary in their posting. I do have a 'minimum' that I can accept as I have been used to a certain income running a home daycare and too much of a paycut would be devestating right now.

BUT, I'm also desperate to get back into the workforce and I don't want to under or over price myself. I've tried looking at other companies in the same industry, wage standard websites etc, but it seems this particular job title must be unique to this company and I can't find an exact fit.

What do you do in this situation? I'm worried if I underprice not only might I lose out on potential income but they may see me as underestimating the work required for the position. If I overprice they may move on to another candidate.

Advice please?

Michelle

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Next time that you talk to them, come right out and ask what the pay is. I do that all the time and most people apologize for not telling me right away.

join