It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare for chaos: U.S. electoral system warned it 'can't cope' as historic number of voters cast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This is just Great!!! This just was put online about an hour ago.....

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Now What??? So what If the system can't count the votes properly or fast enough?? This is an interesting event to see how it unfolds in the next couple of days...

Oh, by the way-GO OUT AND VOTE SINCE EVERYONE COUNTS!!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Eh, I don't think there will be anywhere near 100% voter turn out. I personally know several people who will not be voting simply because they either don't want to, see it as a waste of time, or dislike both candidates. That in itself shoots down the 100% turn out. Then we can't forget the many, many, many young voters who will simply forget to go tomorrow until it's too late. I think they have hyped up the number of people who will show up to vote tomorrow just like they have been hyping up the polls.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I believe this story is a plant for a little CYA in case they have problems in certain states where the polling equipment is less than adequate and the votes will be close

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Local news just had several segments on this. Absentee voting going on now in KC MO with people still expecting to wait 8 hours or longer, for just absentee ballots, after the office closed. They will take votes as long as people are in line. There are hundreds waiting.

Johnson County KS already had estimated 280,000 votes in place with an expected turnout of 80%. There are only around 360,000 registered voters in the county.

Every city in region has emergency action centers already manned for "problems".

Yeah, it's great to be democratic.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The early voting stations in my area are swamped with young folks, old folks and more minorities than I have ever seen before in a voting line.

I'm curious to see what the demographic will be at the little adobe church where I will be casting my vote tomorrow. In past elections it was
primarily white upper middle class yuppies.

new topics

top topics

join