It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erica Jong Tells Italians Obama Loss 'Will Spark the Second American Civil War. Blood Will Run in t

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
OK... Who is this person?? And she knows this how??

www.observer.com...

This kind of rhetoric doesn't help anyone here. It's almost like this is a threat that If the Dems don't get their way, they are going to take out their frustrations out on everyone else.............

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ARNOMANNN

And who wins? IMO the media. Mass cival unrest, much like a war leaves people glued to there TV's, raising their rateings and bringing in a ton of add revenue.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

I can just see it now;

" The civil war coverage on CNN was brought to you by Smith and Wesson, Makers of fine guns since I don't know when!!"

Pretty sad

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Never heard of her before. Which I suppose is because I'm not too knowledgeable about feminists in general, let alone Italian ones. I highly doubt we will have a civil war if McCain wins. Recounts yes, riots possibly, civil war no. Of course I also think we will have recounts if Obama wins so...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

My point was the fact that every so-called "expert" is crawling out of the woodwork to make sensational predictions to what is already an over-covered presidential election. Enough already!!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ARNOMANNN

No argument from me there! I agree there have been a lot of "experts" out there making some pretty out there claims. Personally I can't wait for February.. I figure by then all this mess will finally be finished and the complaining about whoever wins the election can start.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Liberals don't own guns so what are they going to fight with?

Liberals are a minority in this country, they only get elected when they can bring a significant portion of the centrists along for the ride. Nobody is going to ride with them into a civil war, that is far different than the voting booth. I agree it would make sensational journalism watching them get beat down on Fox News. Their chances at any elections in the forseeable future would be nonexistant also.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

I'm a liberal and own guns. Either way I feel that election day will be tense, but no civil war will come of it, even if Obama loses. It makes no sense to even assume it would happen. I agree the media is fueling this kind of crap. I wish they were smarter than to plant such seeds.

top topics

join