It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holland is preparing for the worst..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
An eye opening experience for me, regarding have an emergency kit, was when we lost power after dark during the summer (thank God)...I live in a small town and have my phone, cable and internet through one provider...We have one flashlight, no candles, no transistor radio, no water, etc...

Our neighbors are far between each other and I just sat there and thought, "What the heck is going on?"

My kids (young) were freaking out, as it was pitch black inside and outside...

I drove to the nearest store and their power was out and the employees had no idea what was happening...

It turned out to be a massive accident which involved an 18-wheeler hitting two transformer poles...

And, now, I have those items available just in case of another outage...

So, I recommend that everyone have those basics available...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I have noticed these actions being taken here in the us notibly in oregon and california, about emergency planning and supplies, and having escape/ fimlily evacuation meet up plans. I think somthing huge is gonna pop off in the us and have lasting econimic and adverse social effect world wide.

Here's an analagy that just came to mind, you know how some business owner on the verge of total bankrupcy or employee unionizing or strike will have a mysteriouse fire and get bailed out by their insurance just in time. I think somthing similar to that is gonna happen here.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
These warnings have nohing to do with natural disasters, they have to do with the man-made cataclysisms that will be unleashed upon the world in a bid for totalitarian rule.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
In the UK the government has just released a document on how to look after you're cat or dog.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
There are a few possible explanations: (1) Amsterdam (along with the rest of the world) saw how awful things were with Katrina, the tsunamis, earthquakes, etc. and decided to proactively prepare their citizens. (2) someone in the government owns the company that is producing these kits and is generating huge profits from this "free" and fear-driven advertising (3) They know something we peons in America don't. I'm hoping it's #1, or at least #2. But of course, it's probably #3.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
"Has anybody noticed something similar in their country or am i just being a bit paranoid here... "

Nothing here in France. Just very bad weather, mega floods and important electricity blackout in south.

www.sfogliatello-creation.com

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Sfogliatello]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
Has anybody noticed something similar in their country or am i just being a bit paranoid here...

Well, sure. Here in the U.S. the Homeland Security Department has been running "be prepared" radio ads for a long while. This is the Web site they direct you to:

3 Days, 3 Ways

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Thanks for that post. That is the reason. My goodness, I was pretty "fearful" for a minute! WHEW! close call

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Goodness... I just wanted to write nothing to see here when I heard a commercial on Dutch radio saying to prepare for what is described in the OP.

Being a news addict, I can say this is really really unusual. I don't know... but after Biden, Powell and another high American official I am starting to believe something really is about to happen in January/ February.

Imagine being in a country (Holland), twice the size of New Jersey, but with 16 million people. Fire arms are not legal here, which is why I have imported a SEAL SOG 2000 this summer, but I can imagine the situation getting pretty chaotic.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Preparing for the worst? Or maybe just that her boyfriend works at Army Shop? (My point being that it may well have a logical business explanation that does not need to have any link to any kind of real threat).

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by corvin77
If i believe in any nation being honest, it has to be the dutch..

There is a dutch saying..."god created earth, but the dutch created holand!!"

Isn't it "And as a finishing touch, God created the Dutch"? We don't have any saying like that or the one you mention.

They not only reclaimed earth, but there was a huge dutch empire once, after the roman empire.. (not written into history books yet, any book writers out there?)

If the dutch media call the odds, in my opinion, listen attentively!!

My 2 cents worth!!

Back in the medieval days the Dutch conquered, pillaged , raped other countries and amongst other things traded people (and exploiting locals for resources to sell for profits). Having smaller wars with neighbours once in awhile, our last real war was just after WWII when the Indonesian colony was at stake, the "police actions" or the Indonesian National Revolution in 1949. Not much to be proud of.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Here is a related link dated Nov 3rd, 2008.

Preparing for a potential 'Katrina-like' scenario, a major five-day flood disaster exercise involving about 10,000 civil servants and rescue workers throughout the Netherlands kicked off on Monday.

radionetherlands.nl

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Holland is not a country it is a part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
and that includes the Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles & Aruba.

Holland is like an area say midatlantic, gulf states etc.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

Yep...that's us alright...

The dutch indeed have always been somewhat "progressive" in some really bad idea's such as slavery and the first stock market.

So if you are looking for a good sollid base for NWO to have started look no further. Hell wasn't the introduction of the EURO the idea of Wim Duysenberg (some dutch guy..)

by the way here's an other one:" It aint much without the dutch...."

[edit on 4/11/2008 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
If there was a pending disaster headed for the 'Dam, I would gather all of my supplies and probably tough it out at Barney's.

Hopefully its more of a precautionary thing, opposed to a foreshadowing of impending doom...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Most likely it's because recently there has been more an more blackouts due to an aged energy grid that needs to be replaced and more will be expected. And ofcourse, it draws the attention on other more difficult subjects for a politician to answer to. As an added bonus any politician promoting this message says "I care for the people!", it's so easy.

‘Dat lacherige moet ervan af’, zei de minister van Binnenlandse Zaken donderdag. ‘We zijn zo gewend aan elektriciteit en stromend water dat we niet beseffen voor welke problemen we staan als dat wegvalt. Als je de eerste 24 uur na een ramp voor jezelf moet zorgen, moet je het nodige in huis hebben.’

Short translation: this politician wants the people to be aware of the possibility of being without water and electricity and is promoting emergency packets, which she would like to everyone to have.

www.volkskrant.nl... (dutch)

So what's in the emergency packet?

It contains:
- a flashlight
- 3 small candles + matches
- a whistle
- a little flashlight
- radio to listen to emergency messages
- some medicine

The government sponsored website also advices people to have at least 3 litres of water and food per person per day for 3 days at all times. Then some basic necessities such as toiletpaper, toothbrush and paste, raincoat, maps and important locations.

I think the promotion is a good idea but I don't think there's more to it other than the dutch using their common sense. If there would be any big catastrophe coming, having food and water for a few days isn't sufficient at all. It is meant for blackouts and floodings. For the bigger problems like the sea the government wants to invest 1 or 1,5 billion euros each year (0,2 to 0,3% GDP) for the next decades to construct new dikes.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Nothing broadcast about this over here , Still , the bbc and itn are so far up the Amercan election that they have forgotten their own people as have the hoorays at Westminster !

We wont find out till its too late ala Michael Fish ... Hurricane ? no Hurricane here ... Oct 15th 1987 ... infamous here in the south of England!

Regards

Git

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

i've just got some information for you..
this is from a source i respect..
it is not a source that normally makes wild predictions..

pierre de chatillion is predicting that around the 10th of november some really weird celestial stuff is about to happen.. it will start with the appearence of strange color in the sky.. either dark blue or ultra-violet will begin proper on this day.. then that within 25 days will begin a rare cross alignment with some of the planets. he says that with this rare alignment will

appear a star.. he is telling people to be prepared between now and mid december.. he is promising more updates as we approach the time..

the link to the source is a french written site translated by babel fish..
you might get the impression he is speaking cryptacly but i think it is just the way french is translated to english..

As it was the case of the last novembres, much of floods in Europe.

Truths events will not begin before the end of November. It is at the time or I will be ensured of the direction, that I will publicly communicate to you the details on date of the calendar and those of the final preparations to be realized. Of made nothing front!

With half of November, the stage of the interior reflexion will open.

Explanations: The ether is responsible for the great harmony, i.e. all that moves in a coordinated way. Planets, human, cells, brains, lungs, livers, kidneys, plants, community, all these “individual” live according to two possible axes.

Source

peace all

daz__

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The "considering Katrina" is silly. Don't recklessly live in a place where levies/dikes/damns are a requirement.

I don't know about what y'all think, and I do love Holland by the way, but isn't living in a place like that (below sea level) illogical and silly? Has to be a solution...

Good luck and godspeed over there. I hope I get a winter half as cold over here!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
you may call it reckless, but living near water is also a requirement for survival. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Look at the US for example...

Northeast coast, you deal with cold winters and possibly hurricanes
Mideast, you deal with cold winters, possibly hurricanes, and tornadoes
southeast, you deal with flooding, hurricanes and tornadoes

midwest, you are def. dealing with tornadoes, maybe hurricanes

westcoast-southwest, you deal with drought, heat and earthquakes

It's not fair to call people reckless, unless you are living in a disaster proof area, and inside a faraday cage while we're at it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join