It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holland is preparing for the worst..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
hmmmm....maybe i should stock up on batteries? and a rubber dingy...

www.weatheraction.com...

Dang...and i really hate cold weather.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The dangers evident during the '07 flood threat were real enough too. Just google holland flood 2007 for lots of info.

But the gates held the sea back well enough then.

Doesn't hurt to be prepared, though. Holland was flooded twice during the 20th century.

[edit on 3/11/08 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
As always, the dutch will be the forerunners with everything!!

When the dutch media starts screaming the odds, know that the impossible is more than probable!

If i believe in any nation being honest, it has to be the dutch..

There is a dutch saying..."god created earth, but the dutch created holand!!" They not only reclaimed earth, but there was a huge dutch empire once, after the roman empire.. (not written into history books yet, any book writers out there?)

If the dutch media call the odds, in my opinion, listen attentively!!

My 2 cents worth!!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Funny thing is we have never (and i mean NEVER!!) had a hurrican, typhoon or any other big natural disaster happening here.

Excuse me? We have had the flood of 1953!

I know it's quite a while ago but the dikes are not all in good shape and with most of us being below sealevel and with weather conditions worsening this can be a huge risk.

I do agree however with your conclusion that it's odd that all of the sudden we all need to go prepare ourselfs for emergencies. The Dutch government is usually quite layed back on that kind of thing.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I only posted this because i heard it on dutch radio 1 this morning. And they kept on saying that it was just an exercise not related to any oncoming event.

Usually that's when bells start ringing with me....

So i took it upon myself to write a littke email to the guys over on radio 1 with a link to the story in the Daily Express

www.express.co.uk...

I wonder if they are gonna pay any attention to it tomorrow.....

We'll keep you updated...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This thread is very alarming for me. I sense there is something very big about to affect us all. OP if you have family up high and inland, now would be a good time for an extended visit.

Gather all of your important papers now, and make sure to leave nothing you do not want to loose. Have all of your family pictures, Quilts, Grandmas lace, stuff that cannot be replaced and pack it carefully.

The survival forum is a wonderful place to pick up other important tips for what you may need.

Be safe, and thankyou for your information.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
1953 is the Katrina/New Orleans of the Dutch. With the difference they build it up afterwards, people were compensated (i expected the same for New Orleans, but i might be naive on that one).

The problem, indeed, is "rising sea levels coupled with intensifying storms." Next to the fact many Dutch exist below sea level.

Paired to the storm predictions '07 and those new (monthly) expectations, it's time to ring the bell again. Ding dong, we're in for a flood, move upstairs the sofa. Be prepared, cause that's what you might encounter.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Spinoza73]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

You do realize that the article you linked to was from 9th November, 2007, right? The only alert I can see right now for Holland, is a yellow alert because of some fog in the south.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Went out for a smoke and indeed it did seem foggy, so that's a go for that prediction.

Dutch cardrivers should use their foglamp.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
reply to post by masqua

You do realize that the article you linked to was from 9th November, 2007, right? The only alert I can see right now for Holland, is a yellow alert because of some fog in the south.

Are we talking about the same link 'cause it says in this article:

Monday November 3,2008

www.express.co.uk

But i could very well be mistaken...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

This is the link that was posted in the post in question. However, I can see how easy it could be mistaken. Today's date is written at the top of the page with big letters. A few lines below, this is written with small letters: Friday 9th November, 2007...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
ahhh okay i see....

But that's a different article than the one i'm looking at:

www.express.co.uk

I'm pretty sure that this one says :" Monday November 3,2008" or is it???

no no i'm sure this one is for this month.

Go figure, two articles on the same subject but on different dates...hmmm

I think somebody outthere is controling the weather and confusing us with identical articles.......

Am i being paranoid again
......or are you trying to make me think i'm paranoid

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
One thing most of you fail to understand in your doomsday rant.
Much of the Netherlands has always been permanently BELOW sea level!!
It is always at risk of a flood.
They built dikes to stop that but imagine a tsunami or something.
Imagine if major dikes broke.
It could wipe out most of Amsterdam.
I think this minister is just making Dutch people aware exactly where they are and that they should be prepared.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Is this part of the physoclogical op or is this connected?

North Atlantic Meteor Quote The meeting in Lake Placid and the web bot guys data are actually due to an inbound meteor. Meteor will hit in late Nov. in North Atlantic. All coastal areas around Atlantic are screwed.

www.godlikeproductions.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by corvin77

If i believe in any nation being honest, it has to be the dutch..

Well, I'm Dutch, and to be honest, there's nothing honest about our media, politicians and our royals.

It's sickening.

On-topic, this campaign for survival kits is at least a year old, at least that's when I first heard about.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
I think this minister is just making Dutch people aware exactly where they are and that they should be prepared.

Uuhhh okay......but why now

I mean ,we have lived with this fact for ages (well at least since 1953) and now all of a sudden it is important to have a survival kit??
And goverment is suddenly testing flood scenarios....

come on....they know something is coming but they just don't want us to panic

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowstone

I think some thing big is going on and we the human race are right in the middle of the s*** storm and we are being warned by many governments to be prepared as much as possible with out making the whole population of the world panic

You have warnings from many leaders world wide saying some thing is going to happen Now we have the Dutch sending a message about preparing for the worst.

They are never going to tell us till the last second if they do at all

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

scare-mongering in my opinion

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowstone
Is this part of the physoclogical op or is this connected?

North Atlantic Meteor Quote The meeting in Lake Placid and the web bot guys data are actually due to an inbound meteor. Meteor will hit in late Nov. in North Atlantic. All coastal areas around Atlantic are screwed.

www.godlikeproductions.com...

I was thinking more in the lines of what these "experts" say:

Experts warn that two “once in 20 years” mega-storms could strike.

WeatherAction says fierce conditions at sea will cause gales and tsunami-like waves to funnel down the east coast of Britain. The group’s Piers Corbyn said: “I am 95 per cent confident there will be severe storms in the North Atlantic/British Isles region in the periods around November 12-14 and November 25-28.

“There is a respective 70 per cent and 35 per cent chance that these storms will lead to a notable North Sea storm surge which could require emergency action in England and Holland.”

But...then again it could also be a big meteor hitting that puddle of water on our doorstep, but if that should happen i wish everybody who got one of those "emergency kit's" the best of luck.....

[edit on 3/11/2008 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Originally posted by Interestinggg

Uuhhh okay......but why now

I mean ,we have lived with this fact for ages (well at least since 1953) and now all of a sudden it is important to have a survival kit??
And goverment is suddenly testing flood scenarios....

come on....they know something is coming but they just don't want us to panic

Yeh why now?
But that's just politicians for you.
One day they are crapping on about one thing, the next day something else.
Today happens to be surviving a disaster.
Selling survival kits.
They probably making $$.
Next week will probably be something like the importance of understanding ingrown toenails.
Everyone must buy a toenail straightener.
I think you'll agree in reality a survival kit ain't gonna do much.
So why don't they buy everyone a boat?
Or maybe a life jacket?

It doesn't matter where you go on this planet.
The politicians will be just as useless.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join