It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An index to different extraterrestrial species and subtypes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Readers will have to forgive me on this thread; I tried searching on both the new and old systems (ATS and BTS), and found nothing. Even went so far as to flip through the index under ALIEN & UFO... so if this is a repeat of another, many pardens...

What I am looking for here is to create an index of the different 'known' alien types, complete with descriptions, habits, behavior traits, etcetera. There have been many times that I have been left scratching my head going 'huh?' when reading a thread, not knowing what anyone was talking about, in concerns to specific types of aliens.

The one's I am most familiar with, due to television, are the greys, but as far as the others...

I figure, this way, anyone can have a ready reference to further discussions, and help those like me who are clueless.

Once again, sorry if this has been done before...

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Timelife actually had a set of books witch were pretty popular, where in on lable just "UFO's" it had classified about 8 or 9 of em, if anyone has these timelife books a pic might be in order.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
Readers will have to forgive me on this thread; I tried searching on both the new and old systems (ATS and BTS), and found nothing. Even went so far as to flip through the index under ALIEN & UFO... so if this is a repeat of another, many pardens...

What I am looking for here is to create an index of the different 'known' alien types, complete with descriptions, habits, behavior traits, etcetera. There have been many times that I have been left scratching my head going 'huh?' when reading a thread, not knowing what anyone was talking about, in concerns to specific types of aliens.

The one's I am most familiar with, due to television, are the greys, but as far as the others...

I figure, this way, anyone can have a ready reference to further discussions, and help those like me who are clueless.

Once again, sorry if this has been done before...

None are really commonly "known", but there are clues for the existance of some, like the Grays.

I'm going to have to add reptilians and orion STS to your list of "probable" alien types. However, any possible imaginable type of alien DOES exist anyway, so it's pointless making an infinitely-long list, unless of course the definition is restricted to the ones interacting with our planet directly, at this time, and this reality. Though this is still a pretty open definition...

[Edited on 29-3-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
dunno the reliablity but anything at this point can spark the thinking process

www.worldofthestrange.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Ok Soothsayer, here's a site that was posted recently-- granted there's a LOT of bogus races therein, but you should be able to point them out fairly easily if you have any familiarity with sci-fi movies and shows. Also, some overlap, as they are describing different attributes of the same races (supposedly).

www.global-conspiracies.com...

Any you might find on the list that you have questions about, feel free to quote and post in this thread and, at the very least, I'd be happy to give you whatever feedback I have on the species in question. Good luck.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Thanks for starting the thread Sooth. Good idea. I'm also confused sometimes with all the different species people refer to. The greys are a given, and I'd say that a race known as the reptilians are the second most common species that is discussed or known. But beyond that, I get confused. Sometimes I hear people talking about "human" aliens, or they are called "human" at least because that's what they look like. There are a few others that I can't remember.

The most confusing part is that sometimes people refer to different TYPES of aliens WITHIN the category of reptilians or any kind of humanoid species. We should all construct a sort of chart or something. Good idea Sooth.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Cappa, nice link. Thanks!

SimpleTruth, thanks for the positive feedback. Got this idea from seeing a similiar post in the Crypto page to group all the odd animals. Was suprized that no one did it for aliens.

It would be cool if, eventually, we could have a listing for every type, complete with pictures and what not... will have to dig some up, I guess, get things rolling...

new topics

top topics

join