It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of the Skies Overhead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I was outside the other day and I looked up and saw some interesting chemtrails/contrails/clouds whatever you want to call them. There may be nothing special about them, but I thought I'd post pictures on here. Sorry if this isn't the right section for the post, I'm new here...

PS-As much as I'd like it to be, the bright spot in a couple of the pictures is not a UFO, it's just glare/reflection from the sun

"http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo350/BazZzKiLLeR/1102081516.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

"http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo350/BazZzKiLLeR/1014080948.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

"http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo350/BazZzKiLLeR/1102081516b.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

"http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo350/BazZzKiLLeR/1102081523a.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

"http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo350/BazZzKiLLeR/1102081516a.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I can never do it myself, but can you please post the pictures...

Cheers

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Nice pictures. Contrails in the evening are especially pretty.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I could not do all of them because I'm on a cell phone but here you go.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by miguelbmx]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by newagent89

Those arent contrails, con trails by deffinition disipate and or disolve/thaw within 90 seconds, those are straight up chem trails, population control at its finest!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Where did you take these?

I was out and about last ...Wednesday, I think, and I noticed that there were contrails all over the skiy, criss-crossing what must have been most of the county I live in (Lake County, North of Chicago).

There were literally hundreds of crossed lines going over the whole sky.

I, for the first time, understood the wonder some have of the phenomenon.

Cuhail

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondBelow
reply to post by newagent89

Those arent contrails, con trails by deffinition disipate and or disolve/thaw within 90 seconds, those are straight up chem trails, population control at its finest!

You are right , these are " Chemtrails " It amazes me why people still dont get the fact that contrails disipate sortly after they are made, and these hang around for hours .

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Reevster]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I took these over my small town in Mass maybe 15-20 miles northwest of boston. I thought these were chemtrails when I first saw them, I wasn't quite sure though (thanks for making the post about 90 seconds!). Lately I've been looking at the clouds and I've seen strange looking ones, like that weird one that snakes back and forth to the left of the sun. I've also seen ones looking like DNA strands, which for some reason seems to be showing up more especially since the new Mass license plates have holographic ones on them...Anyways I always see some sort of strange cloud in the sky and I was wondering if anyone noticed the same. Thanks for the replies!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
And sorry about the poorly linked pictures ^_^ I'll figure it out sooner or later....Thanks for posting them

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   

I'm glad to help
oh and WELCOME TO ATS.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondBelow

No. Vapour trails/contrails can last for a long while - it all depends on the climactic conditions in the sky where the trails are left. Just because they persist after 90 seconds means nothing.

Please, for the love of logic, get some actual evidence before spouting off stuff like this. It makes ATS look like every other kneejerk reactionary conspiracy site where no-one ever states any evidence and gets caught up in some irrational, illogical paranoid fantasy.

Evidence. We need it. You don't have it.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Exactly Dave. Question is: what do you call someone who deliberately makes a false statement? I'm assuming that those claiming that contrails always dissipate in a few minutes know that that is not true and aren't simply displaying ignorance? I give more credit to members of ATS and assume they have actually checked their facts first. Unless they're very old members and haven't caught up on more recent research? After all, we've only known that contrails can persist for hours or even days since the 1920s ......

Anyway, some nice common-or-garden contrails there

Or, if you prefer, some nasty common-or-graden contrails there ....

.... I'm still undecided whether I really like them or not. They can produce some good effects for photography, especially around sunset, but equally they can spoil a clear sky and are, ultimately, just another sign of pollution and a (albeit small) cause of global warming.

Many more pics here: cloudappreciationsociety.org...

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Essan]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I don't know about that. I do agree that contrails will differ due to weather conditions, altitude, or any other factors but some just seem odd. I live in an area where many planes fly over, either heading to Boston, Hanscom AFB, or overseas and I've seen planes flying in the same direction/near same altitude but one of them is leaving a trail and the other is not...

There's no solid evidence saying that either side is right, I realize that. However, (to dave420) this forum is about this type of stuff that some would find extremely profound.

Oh and thanks for welcoming me!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Found this site quite interesting.

"The goal of this research was to determine if there was a type of trail that was inconsistent with normal contrails, especially with regard to increased persistence. What was found is that highly persistent trails that last for many hours were seen above Houston, TX on a majority (60%) of observable days during the data collection period. However during this time period none of the 46 Flight Explorer confirmed contrails observed persisted for over 30 minutes and most contrails were under 30 seconds of persistence. Additionally it was discovered that the jets that were responsible for leaving highly persistent trails that last for hours did not ever appear on Flight Explorer and were documented for 8 separate instances, including one instance with two jets in formation. These unidentifiable jets were found to produce a contrail that was consistent with confirmed contrails during the periods when they weren't leaving highly persistent trails. Highly persistent trails are often seen in the form of isolated relatively short strips, as well as large areas of cirrus aviaticus clouds, but on rare occasions have been seen in totally unique grid and wheel formations. "

www.chemtrailcentral.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Take a look at some of these

new topics

top topics

join