It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we being prepped for a McCain win?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Obama seems to lead by a landslide in a majority of the polls:

Poll Results

Yet there is all this talk about McCain coming out on top in a "Perfect Storm" scenario. I mean the polls are clear to me, there is no way McCain will possibly win. Yet there's this piece of trash:

Can Obama win popular vote but lose election?

The only possible way John McCain and that rag of a VP selection he's chosen can win this, is across the board voter fraud.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gopher mines

Actually it's not.

I'm still planning on a McCain win, and it won't be through cheating.

What I wouldn't give to see all the media's faces on Wednesday morning...

Here's hoping....

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Maybe they know if the people think theres voter fraud, if Mc cain wins, there will be rioting and mass demonstrations, just what they want. They can then deploy there troops, declare martial law, and bush will retain office.. Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I think Bush screwed it up to far for McCain to win.. However i don't want Obama in there either.. I wishing for a Jessie Ventura sytle "out of no where" win for a third party but with the medias black out on the third parties I doubt it , but we could see a decent showing for them allowing them more foothold in the next election..

But McCain .. highly doubtful, and if the electoral collage votes for McCain and there is a LARGE difference in the popular vote.. watch out.. it may get ugly.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Tomorrow will be the start of a long drawn out process.The truth of who actually wins this election won't be known for weeks.
I really believe that there have been a lot of "poll baiters" I screw with pollsters all the time as do several of my friends.
Who I plan to vote for is none of their business,so I throw them off track.
When the dust settles McCain/Palin will come out on top.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gopher mines
Obama seems to lead by a landslide in a majority of the polls:

Poll Results

I mean the polls are clear to me,

Well there's your problem. You're giving the polls credibility. This cannot be pointed to enough - look at the Truman victory over Dewey. Truman only had the backing of 15% of the media and the polls favored Dewey to win in a landslide, yet Truman came out the winner.

Then there are stories like this all the way back from 1988 about Dukakis's lead over Bush, Sr.

query.nytimes.com...

And we know how that turned out.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by sos37]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Why do you put so much faith in the polls in the first place?

It is a bunch of numbers that can easily be manipulated in the first place.

All the polls do is make an excuse for people to get irate afterward. If Obama loses fair and square people will still be claiming that McCain cheated because the polls had Obama winning.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gopher mines

The only possible way John McCain and that rag of a VP selection he's chosen can win this, is across the board voter fraud.

Oh I see, you are beginning to spout your ignorant statements of "Voter Fraud" similar to those Bradley Effect proponents who say that if Senator Obama loses, it can only be due to Racists.

As for the Polls, no, they do not show a landslide.

Also, if you want to talk about Voter Fraud, the last time I checked there were Black-American Organizations pushing for Extra Hours and Extra Machines in ONLY Majority Black Precincts. They have been asking for up to Three Extra Hours in Virginia for instance, complaining about "Disenfranchisement", even though that State has had Early Voting since the Last Week of September. Then of course you have ACORN, and the 200,000 Fraudulent Registrations (1/3 of ALL news Registrations) in Ohio.

If Senator Obama wins, it will only be due to the Democrat Generated Financial "Crisis", and the Fraudulent Votes. How about that, can you frame your mind to grasp such a concept of reality?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
There will be something wrong if Obama has the popular vote and loses!

I'm glad I'm in Canada... We currently have 3 popular political parties biting at each other, keeping the other in check in a Conservative minority government.

Many Americans, and especially the world, prefer Obama be president... and Obama may lose?

You can bet on riots, homegrown terrorism, and martial law, even if the riots are small scale...

Perhaps just as planned!

The NWO still wins... even when they lose!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I disagree with you. McCain is well within striking distance of pulling off the upset. If he holds Ohio, Florida and either Virginia or flips Pennsylvania, his chances of winning are actually pretty decent. He'd have to hold Colorado, Nevada and Missouri later in the night, but that's far from out of the question.

It won't be easy, but the point is that McCain is running competitively in enough 'battleground' states that with high GOP turnout and a little luck, he could win it. Polls can be wrong, especially when they're using untested models for voter turnout as most of the pollsters are this year.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It will certainly be an interesting day.

You can't put any stock in a poll that shows Obama with a 7 point lead that uses only 971 'likely voters'. You could call 971 different people for 10 different polls and come up with drastically different numbers. You can't logically think that when millions vote, 971 is a good polling number.

ETA: Sorry that sounds a tad short. I've spent way too much time on another board and I'm trying to tame the snark.

[edit on 11/3/08 by zenjewel]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
McCain win? If you accept that it will be a legal and valid vote, without any fraud, I think it's possible, but not likely.

However, if you accept that there are certain people in positions of power who do not want to see Obama win, and have the ability to use fraudulent methods to secure that, it is highly likely that McCain will win.

Personally, I'll be shocked, and delighted if Obama wins, but at this time I am very skeptical about the legitimacy of the "democratic process" in the USA.

I really hope Obama wins, but (through no fault of his own or the American people) I do not believe he will be the next president.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
As usual if the Democrats lose they will say voter fraud,Obama and his dolt VP and there agenda will end up causing riots,and bummer foreign countrys will be upset

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
There will be something wrong if Obama has the popular vote and loses!

Incorrect. The electorates in only 38 states are required to vote along with the popular vote, meaning the electorates in the other 12 are free to swing either way. This is how Bush won in 2000. Al Gore did have the popular vote. This is also how Obama was elected as the Democratic candidate as Hilary Clinton outnumbered him in popular votes.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I have been saying this for two days now. I guarantee a McCain win.
I am willing to bet TAS membership to anyone who doubts that McCain is a win.

DON'T BELIEVE THE POLLS!!!!
There is a groundswell, tsunami coming in for McCain and when the dust settles he is going to win.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
There are many reasons not to believe the polls. Some I have heard..
People lie cause their vote is no one else's business
Polls underestimate Repulblican turn out
Polls overestimate new voter turn out.

Maybe other reasons like Diebold machines are rigged ect..

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I don't think there will be a clear cut winner by Wednesday. I am so sickened by the thought this could drag on for any more days than this already has. This is a tough one, clearly a choice between two evils, just not sure which one is more evil. I will vote for neither. Too bad Ron Paul can't get in there, that's what we need right now.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I'll say what I said on another thread:

This is the end of it all. I wish I hadn't wasted so much time arguing with people who are a bit crazy in the head. It could have been much better spent arguing over real issues with guys like NYK, but instead I felt it necessary to defend against the loonies.

What I do want everyone to do is remember this. Remember all of the mud that was slung and by who. Remember who was saying that if McCain was elected this would happen or if Obama was elected that would happen.

Because after Tuesday, when we have a new president, the world will still be turning. The United States will still be the same great country, and we will all go on with our lives. This group of people who dragged this election down to new lows should be remembered.

They should be remembered for making this forum, which could have been a leader in real political discussion, just another board. I won't forget those who repeated lie after lie, even though they were continuously shown to be false. I won't forget those who said slanderous things about the other candidate, though never picked a side of their own - never justified their own position.

I won't forget any of these things. Will you?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Although I don't support Obama for numerous reasons I believe he most likely could win.

Now, in saying that, I'm still holding out hope for McCain. I don't trust polls especially through MSM. It's no secret that MSM pegged him as the next Prez so why should the polls conflict with what they are pumping through our screens? I also believe that they have counted alot on the "bandwagon syndrome". In most instances people like to be on the winning team.

If McCain pulls this off it will be despite MSM efforts to write him off and it will be despite all of the registered cartoon characters and dead people's vote. Why is it that people are already screaming fraud towards McCain? Last I checked he didn't contribute $800,000 to ACORN and didn't work with ACORN. No matter what happens tommorrow I'm really expecting TSHTF....I'm just wondering when it will start.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
And now this:

drudgereport.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join