It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think ats is here to help or hinder?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Just interested in others thoughts, mostly would like to know what experiances of deletes, and or what seem like Gov. INdividuals blasting members, or trying to debunk fact. Not trying to offend the mods, or the site staff, just wondering what the feelings on dis-info here might be.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Thank you for your compliance and understanding.

*Please do not alter or remove this text*

[edit on 11/3/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
ATS is here for neither, ATS was here before the election, ATS will be here after the election. ATS is just a board where people can post their thoughts and points of view, dis-info agents, truth speakers and every shade in between.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Wow great reply, thanks.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondBelow

To help my friend...

But that's not to say that others have found a way to utilize a site like this for their own agenda(s)...

Take in the good and disregard the bad...if you can't tell the difference - don't take a side...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
ATS has been around for years,it's a site with several mod's which all have some expertice on individual subjects,I feel it's not biased in any way nor does ATS try to force their opinions on anyone,so it leaves it up to the individual to form thir own opinion

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
id say to help attempt to spread Information.

ATS is like how the media SHOULD be.

you present information, and you leave it up to the reader to form his/her own opinions.

I just wonder why some posts get deleted. today i was talking for a few hours on a "decriminalization of mary jane" post and all of a sudden, the topic was deleted.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23

ATS is like how the media SHOULD be.

Yeah the problem with that, is that we still have people on here saying Obama is a Muslim, or that he's not a citizen, or that hes an Arab (As if that were something that were bad).

I for one am glad that ATS is not how the MSM is. They both have their place. Only Sith speak in Absolutes.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I think it's a touchy subject. Any entity with employees/mods who have the ability to trash threads always leads to personal feeling censorship.

Here to help, unless subject disagrees with someone in power who can exercise the veto power, then not.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

discussing ones illegal activities isn't permitted on ATS, almost every thread ever started about the conspiracy against certain substances has been closed because posters find it difficult to control their posting. it's all in the terms and conditions you read when you joined.

[edit on 3/11/08 by pieman]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondBelow
DO YOU THINK ATS IS HERE TO HELP OR HINDER?

ATS is a business and is here to make money WHILE giving the conspiracy community a place to discuss conspiracy. That's about it from what I see.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23

I just wonder why some posts get deleted. today i was talking for a few hours on a "decriminalization of mary jane" post and all of a sudden, the topic was deleted.

I saw that too. The OP edited the title to "vote obonga" and the mods deleted it. .

Also, to the op of this thread, I agree with the posters here. ATS is not bias, nor do they try to push their world views on to you.

Basically, on this site, its up to the reader to make their own decision about what their reading. Some people may try to impose their views on you, and try to twist things around to make things work for their own agenda. But thats why the motto of this site is deny ignorance, and if you abide by it, you can steer free from the BS.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by schism85]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
On the MJ issue, the problem is that a lot of workplaces, etcetera, use filter software that prevents people from accessing sites where certain keywords show up (usually related to sex and/or illegal activities).

So it's not that the mods don't like the topic, or that the Amigos don't like the topic. And it's not that it would hurt their bottom line particularly. It's to make sure that ATS lands on as few censoring lists as possible.

As far as disinformation on ATS? It is my feeling that there are disinformation agents who are active members, although I couldn't identify any myself. I just can't believe there wouldn't be. I suppose it's possible that some have made their way to mod-dom, although I don't see the point. Overall, mods post less than members because they have to spend so much time dealing with complaints and stuff.

And I think there are a lot of members who are just here to engage in knee-jerk defense of whatever topic or position they care about. People who try to ensure that every discussion fits the Agree/Disagree paradigm, so no new ground can be broken.

My two cents

join