It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you be doing Election Day/Night?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SugarJ

I love dirty jobs.

I will be doing my usual mom thing and checking in and out. Not really paying attention till later in the day.

Can I take my kid to the poll with me?
I might not be able to vote.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

In my sweet and benevolent girl-next-door kind of way, of course.

[edit on 11/3/08 by GirlNextDoor]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
That sounds like a wonderful day!!reply to post by TKainZero

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Aside from voting, shopping for party supplies for the oldest's birthday during the day. And at night I will most likely be on here again occasionally checking the voting results until I decide that I cannot stay awake any longer waiting for them to figure out who won. Then I'll get up Wednesday, see who won and either say "Darn it..." or "Darn it...." and go about my day.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I'll be working on the set of "Doc West" a Movie being produced by an Italian production company here in Santa Fe. Italians could care less about American politics. They don't even care about Italian politics.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Get up early, go pick up my wife's medication from the store. Buy my new video game from Gamestop, and enjoy a good 8 hours of of gaming with my wife. I will however keep my eyes and ears perked up just in case something crazy happens. I live in the south, so it could get nasty no matter who wins.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I am going to vote early in the morning, then staying away from all media until about 8:30 local time - then I'll watch the results come in.

I have my own version of the election night drinking game.

I have a bottle of Jack Daniels and as each state that is announced for Obama I will take a shot.

With each shot, I will make a small toast to the America I once knew.

I have a feeling I will be pissed drunk before the night is over.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Either way it goes I will drink a toast in memory of the United States of America.She was once a proud and great nation.Now once again we stand on the brink of disaster.As Abe Linclon said"A house divided against itself can not stand"

Ideologies will not change.Pressure will only make the rift wider.I am afraid that this generation will see a second civil war in this country.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well, I will most likely not pay any attention during the day to any of the election coverage. I will vote about 10 AM. Then take care of some things around the house. After 6 PM, when the polls close, I will drive the 30 miles to the nearest city that sells alcoholic beverages and buy a liter of Jim Beam and also some cheap but good tasting cigars. Then I will watch The Shield on FX. After that I will go into my studio, turn on some good blues and drink a few shots and begin painting. Sometime around 1 AM I will turn on Coast to Coast AM and listen to the special guests that will talk on the show, getting Fox News alerts from time to time on the radio, I am sure. Perhaps by morning I will be watching live action of the riots on CNN.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Sitting on the roof of my warehouse with a bottle of good single malt and a good indonesian cigar. Oh and my 30-06 to shoot anyone who dares try and loot my stuff

edit
ops. it slipped.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by mkiii]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I'm sooooooooooooo glad you asked, TKain.

I'll be rockin' it behind the stick at Sazerac restaurant right here in the heart of soggy Seattle, Washington! Bring your laptops for free wifi, and check out the election results on our big screen TV's. Cheap food based on the candidates likes and disilikes, with 5 dollar election night cocktails made from scratch by ATS's favorite bartender, Liquidsmoke.

I explain it all on this video here.

-Liquid

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I'll be watching the mob do what it does best.

I live in Chicago and have been talking to many police and business owners to get a perspective. Mostly I’ve been talking to a lot of the police as I undoubtedly have to call them once a day on some crackhead.

Basically from what I've been told is that almost nobody in Chicago law enforcement is off and preparations are pretty serious. The police are absolutely expecting riots regardless "of who wins" however, certainly they (only the white police officers said this) speculate things to take a much worse turn if the "messiah" doesn't.

Businesses are being asked to close early and notified that they are taking a potential risk if they don't. Ours will if things start looking nasty.

As far as the million or so go, the law enforcement people are considering the possibility of 2. Now that would be some fun.

I'm hoping to film or get pictures if things get interesting. I'll definitely be looking to make sure the pigs are doing what they're supposed to. It really doesn't matter though Chicago cops will knock your head in and Obama and Daley from what I’ve researched are tight. Either way it should be interesting.

Too bad I don't have a few thousand copies of "Rules for Radicals" to hand out to the Obamaheads (and a few thousand more hard copies reserved just to throw at them.) No I don’t support McIran-ContraCain either. Enjoy the “historical event” from wherever you’re at. If I manage to get myself in front of a camera I’ll give a shout out to ATS and warn about the NWO instead of responding to the question some dumb-#$% reporter asked me about Barack and the election.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
What will you be doing Election Day/Night?

Praying for America as it commits suicide.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I'll be glued to ATS while I'm at work. After that vote! Then hope my charming southern city doesn't do anything too stupid.

Everybody get out and VOTE!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

I have decided not to vote this year, as i don't like any of the supposed presidential candidates. So, today i am relaxing, helping my husband with his business, picking my son up from an after school activity, making dinner, relaxing with my family, and my husband and going to bed, a typical day for me.

My husband on the other hand is working and voting today, his choice not mine!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
Either way it goes I will drink a toast in memory of the United States of America.She was once a proud and great nation.Now once again we stand on the brink of disaster.As Abe Linclon said"A house divided against itself can not stand"

Ideologies will not change.Pressure will only make the rift wider.I am afraid that this generation will see a second civil war in this country.

Ah yes, Abe Lincoln was right - a Royal House, especially.
Uhm, I will be playing video games or petting kitty cats or reading books like I normally do. Once you have seen this crap a few times it is just boring and lame. Nothing new under the sky, just names change and specific goals for the era.

America as we know it has always been in a state of...disagreement with itself, it's when our bickering turns to war that the rest of the world looks down on us with pity and fear. All hail the mighty Veil and vomit in it's splendor.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Man there are a lot of drama queens on this board.

The US is not going to swirl down a vortex of hell because of either candidate.

This is a celebration in that the term of the worst of them is over. No one can be worse then the president we have had for the last eight years.

This feels like New Years to me.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Oh, don't get me wrong, this is pretty much my Super Bowl!

I express caution as I live in a Southern "this city will BURN if Obama loses" fanatic neighborhood, so I express caution as a "just in case" measure.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I'll be on duty and hoping everything goes smoothly and hoping that nobody decides to do something stupid. As it stands right now, we're expecting things to be peaceful but we've been told to be ready for "civil disturbances" and the like.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I'm such a politics nerd I've had these two days booked off for months. I have all my little charts made up and printed off and a plethora of good style nibbles to enjoy as I stay up all night tabulating the results and making my own predictions etc.
Then, after the concession/victory speeches I'll crawl into bed and wake up sometime tomorrow afternoon and watch the highlights!
Woohooo - my favourite day every four years this is!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join