It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Direction: McCain. Destination: ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I believe (and hope) this thread will be in the spirit of the new guidelines.

Tomorrow is election day in the good ol' USA. As such, I have a simple question for those who support John McCain for President. I believe the answers may be extremely interesting. I am not looking for any comments on Obama in this thread, as I am starting an exact same thread under his name. What I am looking for, from those who support McCain (and not just those who oppose Obama) is this:

Should McCain be elected, what do you see as the results of his Presidency? Where do you expect him to lead us in 4 years from now? What are your predictions, your hopes, that make you a supporter?

Please no disparagements against Obama, and no thoughts on how McCain is 'better'. Just why you think he would be the best man to lead us.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I really don't believe that McCain will be in the same mold as bush minor but like it or not his party is wedded to predatory capitalism and big oil and religious fundamentalism and if he expects to win a second term should he want it or help Palin win, he will have to play ball with them.

To be fair McCain is a good man but he really should be ashamed of himself... he is running the type of campaign against Obama that Rove ran against him in the 2000 primaries... ugly and mean spirited.

He will be stymied by assertive Democratic controlled congress so he won't be able to do a lot of what he would like... if anything McCain will be a holdfast presidency.

My major concern about him is that despite all of his rhetoric to the contrary he really doesn't understand international relations and like bush minor his reactions to things will be hotheaded and knee jerking.

I fear that the economic and international problems facing us will be too much for McCain and lets face it Palin will be no help.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by grover]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
My biggest hope is that whoever wins governs well.

The circumstances are less than ideal for the best of leaders, let alone for the choice of the two candidates we have before us.

The winner will need all of the help and luck he can get.

Good luck, America.

I mean that sincerely.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by loam]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

2012's going to be the end of the world, supposedly, so it doesn't really matter who gets elected they're going to screw the U.S. over and lead to it's destruction ... not to take a pessimistic outlook or anything...haha so just go with the flow and live life no matter who's going to be elected....

[edit on 3-11-2008 by baseball101]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I feel that McCain's military service qualifies him for president.This country lives or dies by our military strength.Every democratic president since Johnson left office has gutted the military.
McCain position on coal and oil exploration is by his own admission a bridge to new technologies.We have to get more energy independent,the wealth leaving this country,filling the pockets of foreign adverserial countries has to stop.
McCain's promise to veto all pork barrel bills,means very much to me.The graft,corruption and under the table pay offs have to be stopped.I believe with his record,he is the man for the job.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I think you will see some very Bi-Partisan legislation that will benefit the Nation.

First, the Dems will run Congress. McCain as well as the Republicans know they can't get their legislation through. Democrats know the reps and McCain won't let them just rush their agenda through either. They will have to reach a mutual agreement. That is why I say with McCain, it will not be 4 more years of the same. In addition to the above, McCain has shown that he can work with the other side. I also feel that their will still be pork projects but not as much. The pork projects will be better defined to avoid criticism.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It really depends on who controls the Congressional majority. If the Democrats are in control, then I believe there will be so much disdain and hate that McCain beat Obama that they won't allow much to pass at all. Yes, I truly believe they will stoop that low.

I believe a Republican-led Congress will be just as resistant to Obama's ideas, though I believe they think he will win.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I will vote for McCain, but I'm not happy about it. I'm a fiscal and social conservative, and thus my displeasure.

McCain will bring some level of spending under control to the limits of his power as President.

McCain will put on guard any international terrorist-type yahoos who had plans to blatantly test Obama.

McCain's election will squeek tight every pucker in Iran with their drive to pursue nuclear weapons.

McCain will not need lots of OJT. The Presidency is not a good place to be learning about finance, economics, and national security. There's a reason it's call Chief Executive. You gotta lead and make things happen.

As a conservative, I really have no place to go, and are voting for the lesser of two evils.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Depending on much pressure or influence McCain could exert on Congress negations(SP?) with the Pacific Four Free Trade Agreement . So in this light McCain can said to suit New Zealand national interest and that is the reason he is my pick between the two candidates.

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
McCain Election Results

Please discuss this issue in the following thread:
McCain Election Results

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join