It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently cancer cure has been around for a while

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Elf you and Buck both have some good points really. I respect you both actually. I do think sometimes that cancer is today's 'consupmtion' so to speak. So many reasons and diseases labled as cancer. But you make striking points too. I have read what you are talking about. About all of us having cancer in our bodies, which our immune systems fight off. We need critical thinkers like you both in the cancer fight...my humble opinion.

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I sent an email to the Mancow show asking that the producers take a look and see if it is something he would be interested in talking about on his show. Think of the positive ramifications worldwide if this is the real deal? This would have a positive impact on everything from the global economy to our collective spiritual state as humans. Pass this info on to others.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
Maybe I shouldn't have accused you of being paid and for that I apoligise it was a knee jerk reaction to the same tactics such people sometimes use.

As I tried to say before, no apology is expected or necessary.

But since you went to the effort, I will accept that. Thanks!

From your response, you are obviously very enthusiastic and passionate about this.

If it gives you some real hope for our future, it would be cruel and stupid for me to say any more, or argue against you any further.

Keep posting

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
So what does that mean!!!My step-father is 48, lives an healty lifestyle and dying on colon cancer. All this time there's a possible cure...why isn't been talked on the media?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The American Cancer Society has reported that the National Health Federation promotes a wide range of unproven or dangerous cancer therapies, and has recommended that cancer patients avoid therapies and products promoted by the NHF.[1] Quackwatch has criticized the NHF as a lobbying organization which promotes "nutritional fads, myths, and gimmicks", and described the legal difficulties of a number of leaders of the NHF

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
It really wouldn't surprise me if there was a cure for cancer not long after it was "discovered".. or at least a treatment.

Now that I think of it.. a lot of things wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I lost my mom to breast cancer when I was about 15, it was wretched and very traumatic (As I glance at the clock right now it's 9:11), she was my exquisite example and surely I am carved in her image.

Death hold not the sleeper
Hold me closer tiny cancer
Deeper and deeper the weave becomes the creature

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Sadly, I would not put it past our medical industry to suppress a cure for cancer in the name of profit. They have been shown all to eager to push drugs on people that they don't really need to take. Many drugs that people get for some minor problem that should be treated with improvement in ones diet and exercise, or change of habits, create side effect problems that lead to people taking additional drugs to deal with the side effects, which create addtional side effect, creating a need for more drugs, until many people wind up taking a fistful of drugs everyday that are creating all of their problems. We all pay for this through the health insurance industry, which also profits greatly from the practice. At the same time, considerable efforts seems to be made by the same industry to discourage healthy lifestyles. They pretend to promote healthy lifestyles, but set up so many rules that it becomes impossible. It is one big ugley circle.

I have never been a big fan of socialized medicine, but some poster, can't remember who, the other day had a good point. Some things should be handled by the state, like fire fighting, policing, sewer, and water, maybe health care as well, at least when it comes to catastrophic illness like cancer. It is as equally inhumane to let someone die of cancer because they can't afford health insurance, as it is to watch someones house burn down because they can't afford to pay the cost of having the fire put out. It also isn't fair to pay the medical costs of people below a certain poverty line, while making those above that poverty line pay, when those who have to pay wind up losing everything they have worked for just to stay alive, and that happens all too often with diseases such as cancer.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Hmmm. "I am Legend" comes to mind for some odd reason. I don't know why this seems a little scary.

lol I just had the same thought.... guess its time to get a sh*t hot biolab in my basement... just like EVERYONE else has

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I believe I would feel more confident about this story if it came from Lancet or the AMA. At this point it seems like a speculative claim. Like a late night psuedo news table sitting, or Jack Lalane juicer infomercial.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
more of the same article but a more in depth version than the original posted by the OP Real Help For Cancer?

Also this little blurb by Reuters health Gc-MAF

This was particularly scary...source (same as above article link)

The National Cancer Institute estimates cancer care in the U.S. costs ~$72 billion annually (2004). Furthermore, about $55 billion of cancer drugs are used annually, none which have not significantly improved survival rates throughout the history of their use. If a typical cancer patient had to undergo 30 Gc-MAF injections at a cost of $150 per injection, that would cost ~$4500, not counting doctor’s office visits and follow-up testing. For comparison, gene-targeted cancer drugs range from $13,000 to $100,000 in cost per year and produce only marginal improvements in survival (weeks to months). [Targeted Oncology 2007 April, 2 (2); 113-19]

We have a friend current dying of larynx and stomach cancer and another dying of pancreatic...this is infuriating really.

Edit to add more links Gc-MAF - Immunotherapy for prostrate cancer This is an AMAZING source of info and further research!!!

There are MANY credible sources of this information...google Gc-MAF, or do a sentence search.

[edit on 11/4/2008 by justgeneric]

[edit on 11/4/2008 by justgeneric]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by justgeneric

Wow. Nice find on some info.
Star for you.

reply to post by jpm1602

Right but still. Hope I guess.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a quick search on google doesn't resolve much

especially for something that is supposed to be THE cure for cancer....you'd think somebody out there would have some similar information on some website

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

Hey thanks for the great idea. I'm from Canada, so I sent an email to CBC and told them to check it out. If this even is half true, word needs to be out

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
What really gets to me about the "I am Legend" (the most recent one) is that folks don't look into the original further. Maybe that is why people quote movies and why that is such a huge industry, like science and "medicine"... you know all kinds of people still think "The Matrix" is like a revelation - why take any pill?

I have had friends who had "removable" cancers and some extended family has died from it. I cried for the first 2, but then I realized they were "in a better place" sort of. Sick to say but if a cure like this is withheld then all the work that goes into it and all the petitioning to get it out to the "cattle" is for not...

Ah, the CA...
So not only our we "papered" (law) into wage slavery and limited in what we can do if we aren't willing to sell out to them, we will also have to sell out to have a "life" that isn't "short" and painful.

Have to love the "herd" who will go along with this, too. And it's nice to know that living is a waste of time... Not that I am saying about the "suicidal" stuff but like a dead musician said "slow suicide is no way to go"*.

- *-Layne Staley, Mad Season, Above (heroin addict
)
www.lyricsmode.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The only reason this and other cures haven't been released to the public is because the pharmaceutical companies make billions off of remedies and 'postponing' 'remission' drugs, if they cure comething they can't make any money out of it can they?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Roufas

And i might say that this thread will be all that exists of this cure within the next few weeks.

Thats how the chemo and otherbig cancer companies work.

Someone finds a cure, it gets buried within a week & we keep paying billions for cures that don't work.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
There is another little known chemical that I have used and I have friends that have used. My friends are using it for HIV/AIDS and have clinical test to prove its working. This chemical stimulates the immune system. It is cheap to buy and is currently in 3rd stage trials in Canada under the name of WF10. They are using it as an aids cure. It helps the body to kill any pathogens in the body. I have used it for Dengue Fever, all symptoms gone within 24 hrs, herpes left the building. They are finding that many cancers are the result of viruses such as the recent discovery and hence vaccine for cervical cancer. This chemical works on cancer, Hep C, malaria and a variety of other illnesses. I think it is well worth having as one never knows what the powers that be have up there sleeves. The chemical is sodium chlorite and is change to chlorine dioxide when citric acid is added before injestion. It is currently being sold under the name MMS as a water purification product. Many camping suppy companies such as REI have a version of this same product for taking on camping trips to purify drinking water. It has been shown to kill E. Coli and samonella in cows and pigs without damaging helpful flora of the intestinal tract. If you really do your research you'll find that it is non carcinogenic and no harmful side effects have been found when taken in small doses. Test have been conducted on Humans for its use in water treatment plants and has been found to be more effective that chlorine with the side of effects of creating carcinogens. I recommend adding it to your survival kit. Cost me 30usd to make 15 four oz bottle. average dose is 8 drops a day. A 4oz bottle should last the average person more than one year. It is not necessary to take everday unless you have a chronic illness. eight drops 2x a week is the recommended maintenance dose to keep your immune systems working at its peak. Check it out

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

instead of doing something to prevent it in the first place, like taking care of themselves and treating their bodies the way nature intended them to... If we all fed our bodies with real, nature-made food and none of the synthetic crap we find in almost everything today, eliminated the stressful, rat-race for our next paycheck, had healthy relationships with other human beings, cared about our environment and the planet we live on -- I guarantee you that cancer and so many other diseases would virtually cease to exist.

That's very optimistic. Cancer is a disease that affects most higher animals. Reptiles, fish, birds and mammals are all susceptible. Wild animals feed their bodies with real, nature-made food. They stay out of the stressful rat-race for their next paycheck. And if their relationships with other members of their species are not always healthy, they are undoubtedly quite natural. Yet wild animals, too, develop cancer.

Yes, it is true that exposure to carcinogens in the environment can increase the risk of cancer - sometimes quite dramatically, as every smoker knows if he is properly informed about his addiction. And yes, one form of environmental exposure is through diet. But there are also carcinogens in the water you drink and wash in, in objects and fluids that may come into contact with your skin and in the very air you breathe. Radiation is carcinogenic - and unless you're sitting in a lead-lined room, you're being exposed to some even as you read this. As for stress, whether caused by rat-racing or by 'unhealthy' relationships, you may be surprised to learn that its link with cancer isn't nearly as firm as most people think.

Scientists know that psychological stress can affect the immune system, the body’s defense against infection and disease (including cancer); however, it is not yet known whether stress increases a person’s susceptibility to disease.

National Cancer Institute

Currently, there is no evidence that stress is a direct cause of cancer. But evidence is accumulating that there is some link between stress and developing certain kinds of cancer, as well as how the disease progresses.

Psych Central

This New York Times article has more information.

The truth is that we don't know very much about the many forms of disease we label cancer. We don't really know what causes it. Even today, 51 years after the first medical warnings about smoking and lung cancer, the process by which smoking promotes cancer is not properly understood.

How exactly does cigarette smoking cause lung cancer? This question has not yet been answered definitively. But the most likely cause is the toxic mix of chemicals found in tobacco smoke...

The big things we know for sure about cancer are (1) that it kills and (2) there is no readily available, medically proven cure for it. That's enough to scare us half to death. So in the absence of any reassurance from science we seek comfort in myth and magical thinking. 'Stress' and 'diet' are part of contemporary cancer mythology. Both may well be contributing factors, but watching what you eat and avoiding stress are not, by themselves, going to fully protect you against cancer - not even if you stop smoking as well.

Chameleon302, I salute your courageous determination to face facts instead of taking refuge in pseudoscience and quackery. I wish for your story a happier ending than the one you presently foresee; and I hope you will not find lacking the strength and support you need to help you through this terrible time.

On topic at last: It is clear that Dr. Yamamoto knows his onions, or once did; he may, however, have succumbed to crankhood during his long years in the lab. His extended silence is not encouraging, his patient sample size is far too small to indicate anything, and it seems as though he defines a 'cure' as a drop in the level some chemical or other in the patient's blood. Equally disheartening is the information about his foundation and business premises that were posted earlier. I would say: wait and see. Wait for what? Wait until the medical research community has done its due diligence, so to speak, and a conclusive verdict reached. I know that recomendation won't be popular among conspiriographers and Big Pharma bashers, but honestly, it's the sensible thing to do. Chameleon302 has already explained the reasons why with lucidity and passion.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I just found something the same or similar. New article from the 2nd.

Scientists turbo-charge immune cells to fight cancer
PARIS (AFP) — Scientists in the United States have created super-charged immune cells that helped beat back cancer tumours in half of a small group of patients tested, according to a study released Sunday.

afp.google.com...

[edit on 4-11-2008 by GrayFox]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join