It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell was a publicity stunt.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Why all the secrecy for UFOs? Why is it that big brother cannot publicly and admit ET's exists?

I had a dream the other night which I do not remember it in its entirety, however what I do remember from this dream is someone telling me that Roswell was created by the government to trick the Soviet Union into believing that our government has Alien Technology. Could it have been a publicity stunt gone wrong? I decided to research that information and I came up with this information

The Roswell Crash was report on July 7 1947.

The Roswell Incident involved the recovery of materials near Roswell, New Mexico, USA, on July 7, 1947, and since the early 1980s has become the subject of intense speculation, rumor and questioning. There are widely divergent views on what actually happened and passionate debate about what evidence can be believed. The United States military maintains that what was actually recovered was debris from an experimental high-altitude surveillance balloon belonging to a classified program named "Mogul". Many UFO proponents maintain that a crashed alien craft and bodies were recovered, and that the military engaged in a cover-up. The incident has turned into a widely-recognized and referred to pop culture phenomenon, and for some, Roswell is synonymous with UFOs. It ranks as one of the most publicized and controversial UFO incidents ever.

Wiki on Roswell

At this very same time the USSR was also being established overseas.

With the acquiescence of the western allies, the Soviets re-annexed eastern Poland, Bessarabia, and northern Bukovina. Though the Soviet Union also annexed the Baltic states, those annexations were never recognized by Britain or the United States.

Soviet Union

Not to also mention The Cold War Initially started in the mid 1940's

The Cold War was the state of conflict, tension and competition that existed between the United States (US) and the Soviet Union (USSR) and their respective allies from the mid-1940s to the early 1990s.

Wiki On Cold War

So in essence I believe this government created the crash as a publicity stunt to trick The USSR into starting the cold war with US, to give US the momentum it needed to become a country more powerful then the USSR.

At the fall of the USSR, it was also the end of the Cold War

Edit to add- I want to remind you this is gathered evidence based off my speculation, and ask to be opened minded to any kind of possibility.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Solo954]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Highly unlikely id suggest.

Just finding a UFO doesnt give you power, you need to reverse engineer it and produce something tangible to use from it and that could take any number of years.

What would be the result of inticing Russia to have even more reason to nuke the USA before they got a chance to develop that technology.

The idea may seem well presented but it lacks the fundacity of logic and motivation.

More likely the reason the USA covered it up was part to do with NOT wanting to give Russia any further reason to escalate the conflict. Russia wouldnt have sat back idly and allowed the US ten years to become superior in technology.

USA might super classify such thing so that even traditional espoinage couldnt get to the truth.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by silver6ix
Highly unlikely id suggest.

Just finding a UFO doesnt give you power, you need to reverse engineer it and produce something tangible to use from it and that could take any number of years.

I'm stating that our government had alien technology before Roswell. Roswell was just a pitch line.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

The best book I have read about Roswell is "Roswell Revisited" by Kevin Randle. He presents all the facts and arguments, including a chapter on arguments that it wasn't an extraterrestrial craft. He is also not afraid to admit to being wrong about some of the witnesses, and will call it as he sees it.
Maj Randle does believe an extraterrestrial craft did crash, and he gives the evidence he has found to back up the claim.
This is a good book for both the believer and skeptic alike.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

publicity stunt ? i don't believe that but i guess it is not impossible since we don't really know what happened or at least i don't personally know for sure but...

i think this testimony from Marcel Sr. say's to me that in fact it was a Alien craft that crashed or was shot down.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'm not questioning an accident on that day of Roswell. I believe there was a UFO crash/shot down that day. I'm suggesting that if Germany was researching and testing German UFO's and rockets during WWII. Then why would the US not continue that research and start the technological revolution? If these schematics are accurate, then all I see is a reverse engineering effort on these schematics made successful by the US and use it to their political advantage, in this case the Cold War, The perfect reason to mass produce WMD and other innovations. If you really think about it, if it wasn't for Roswell some technology that exists today will not exists at all.

Edit to add: Continental Europe emerged from German domination in 1945, shattered and transformed. After the German surrender, Great Britain, the United States, France, and the Soviet Union divided Germany and Austria into four occupation zones, each to be administered by one of the victorious powers.

Do not forget shortly after the Cold War began, competing for weapons and technology. It's a perfect disguise

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
As a matter of fact the CIA was also created shortly after Roswell. Established July 26 1947, the CIA conducted an "Investigation" on the Roswell incident and at the same time. CIA was made responsible for covert action during the cold war.

Edit to add: Sorry Roswell your debunked. We owe this government a big FU for using us as co-stars for their publicity stunt to start the cold war.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The reason that the gov't does not admit that ETs exist is simply because they haven't got any proof. As far as we know, they don't exist. The possibility is there, even the probability, but until we get in contact with them and they visit us in an OPEN and NON-SECRETIVE manner - they don't exist.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

The technology then would be out of date in 60 years. The Air Force would of revealed that it was technology from the Nazis.

Much of the secret technology the Nazis tried to develop died with the scientists as many of them were shot.

The Germans thought the "Foo Fighters" were Allied aircraft, that shoots the argument it was German technology in the foot.

The Air Force also had Project Moon Dust (now under another classified name) to send teams out to crashes from the USSR or "other" parties.

The intelligence officers knew what weather balloons looked like (Project Mogul was still a weather balloon) and stated the wreckage was no balloon.

Roswell is by no means debunked. There is too much old documents to the contrary.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I appreciate that input. Thanks for the information, thats the good thing about ATS

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

The technology then would be out of date in 60 years. The Air Force would of revealed that it was technology from the Nazis.

i disagree , imo i think the Air Force never disclose that if it were true because they(Air Force/secret goverment) would want to keep these free energy systems secret even though the war part of the technology was outdated.

The Germans thought the "Foo Fighters" were Allied aircraft, that shoots the argument it was German technology in the foot.

i also disagree with this because just because these Foo's were unidentified by all sides does not mean that the Germans did not have flying Disc.

imo the Foo's and Disc craft are two seperate things.

Roswell is by no means debunked.

that i will agree with

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

ok i guess it's possible that the U.S. wanted to make the Soviets believe they had Alien technology even though both sides had recruited German scientists.

it might have been a good way to make the Russians think even though we both have German scientists...ha we are ahead of you because look now we have real Alien tech also.

the only problem i see with this theory is why would they have to shoot down or use a crashed craft that was actually a real Alien ship ?

couldn't they have gotton the same results with a man made craft ?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandaalf
The reason that the gov't does not admit that ETs exist is simply because they haven't got any proof. As far as we know, they don't exist. The possibility is there, even the probability, but until we get in contact with them and they visit us in an OPEN and NON-SECRETIVE manner - they don't exist.

how can you be so sure that they(the goverment) have no proof that E.T.'s exist ? i guess you would have to believe that the crash at Roswell was nothing more than a weather balloon or not believe in the 400+ witnesses that testified in the Disclosure Project to make a statement like that ?

if a burgler was sneaking around your house and doing bad things but you couldn't see him because he was very secretive about it... would that mean he didn't exist ?

look at the Abduction and disappearing pregnancy evidence that is being reported everyday by millions of people. should that just be ignored and we should claim they don't exist because we don't have open non- secretive contact ?

top topics

join