It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Deport my aunt from US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

Did Obama even know of the aunt's existence before now ?

Yes he knew of her existance. Not only was she mentioned in his book, she also was invited to and attended his Senate swearing in ceremony!

Jemison

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

"Onyango, 56, is part of Obama's large paternal family, with many related to him by blood whom he never knew growing up."

AP news source.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

There are factors which should be considered when making assumptions. Is Obama directly responsible for his extended family? Some of you seem to think so. Mostly, the same crowd that adore cheering slogans such as "country first". Frankly, there are many people in my family I do not feel responsible for, nor wish to help.

Also, bear in mind that (from the same article)

Agro said the authority doesn't believe it needs to take any action to remove Onyango from public housing despite the order.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Wow even "new" stuff about Obama keeps popping up a day or two before the election. Wait, I thought Obama was fully vetted? I mean can you even imagine if Palin had a relative in the country illegally? That would have been front page news on day 1. I wonder what other interesting things we'll learn about Obama in the future...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Man, do you guys do any research into things or just believe them because they are convenient to you? CHECK SOURCES!!! The only sites carring this is an Iranian one, 2 Iraqi sites and a couple of blogs:

www.google.ca...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Man, do you guys do any research into things or just believe them because they are convenient to you? CHECK SOURCES!!!

The Obama camp responded to the issue of his aunt by saying that they didn't realize that she was here illegally and that all laws on the matter should be followed. I think based on that it's safe to assume that he isn't going to be doing anything to help her remain here legally.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
I think based on that it's safe to assume that he isn't going to be doing anything to help her remain here legally.

Jemison

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

And that's the problem around here lately. People are "assuming" too much and not relying on facts.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
He's screwed either way.

Its only a matter of time before someone mentions that as a citizen who supposedly cares about the country, he should have informed the authorities of someone he know for sure was in the country illegally.

(Though Im not sure about the veracity of that source)

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

And that's the problem around here lately. People are "assuming" too much and not relying on facts.

Perhaps that is because Senator Obama doesn't like to talk in specifics and prefers rhetoric?

In all seriousness, if the Obama camp is saying only that they were unaware that she was here illegally AND that immigration laws should be followed, what should people think?

Jemison

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Man, do you guys do any research into things or just believe them because they are convenient to you? CHECK SOURCES!!! The only sites carring this is an Iranian one, 2 Iraqi sites and a couple of blogs:

www.google.ca...

But...

We dont trust to Fox,BBC, NBC, CNN, AP, CP:cs... because they mostly has lied to us, more than "the other side" ... Maybe they are really the only ones who are talking the truth! ( Iranians, Iraqis, Russians, Chinese... )

Look...

Sarah Palin, almost VP, just said that "USA is at war with Iran", she said that with her own words, I see that, yes, but I still not believe that she speaks the truth...

So, what, or who do I believe anymore?

I just believe more that, when Irans VP says the same " Iran are in war with US"

So... Witch news are more accurate and reliable, tell me?

I just believe to Irans newsagency more...

Edit:

I just found this from another source:

Throw Aunti from the bus

michellemalkin.com...

This is no Iranian source...

[edit on 3-11-2008 by JanusFIN]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
He's lying. Or he changed his view on giving amnesty to illegal aliens. Because that's his position. Giving amnesty. So this is just another political move for Obama.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

michellemalkin.com...

another reliable news source...ha ha it is to laugh.
the man can't win either way...damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.
meanwhile, cindy mccain's relatives living in poverty is ignored. a c'est la vie.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
That's not the aunti I knew ...

*throws her under the bus*

predictable.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I got a uncle that's a idiot , I'm not responsible for his actions... why should any one be responsible for relatives actions..

I think Immigration , (remember this entire country was founded by 100% immigrants) should be allowed , but no welfare or assistance be given for a certain time period of paying taxes and working.. say a 5 year trial period where they are allowed to stay and contribute to society.. if they do that and pass the final test they become citizens, if not or if they get arrested for a crime, then they get shipped out of here and no more chances to return.

Really this country was founded solely by immigration. You would not be here if your relatives didn't come here.. well unless your part American Indian.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
Wow.

If hes willing to sacrifice family for political gain, I can only imagine what he will do with the American people.

Oh brother! You are laying it on thick.

It's his dead father's sister from another marriage!

His parents met while attending the University of Hawaii at Manoa, where his father was a foreign student. They separated when he was two years old and later divorced. Obama's father returned to Kenya and saw his son only once more before dying in an automobile accident in 1982.

He didn't even know his dad, how is he supposed to know dad's half sister if he didn't know dad!!

Obama Family Tree

[edit on 3-11-2008 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
actually him saying to deport her makes perfect sense. she will have to face an immigration judge and you know Obama is thinking I have the election in the bag I'll hire a lawyer for her and have the hearing delayed until after the election and then once i'm in office i'll just pardon her.

edit: ya'll know i can't spell right?

[edit on 11/3/2008 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
He is only saying that to try and look good. Isn't he the one who wants to take money from the "rich" making $120,000 and up and give it to, amoung others, illegal aliens for heathcare. He is a liar, just like he "didn't know" she was here? Yeah Right!

By the way Obama and Biden both voted 4 times to raise taxes on people making $42,000 a year..... We'll see!

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
He doesn't even know her. When is the last time you contacted your 3rd cousin removed?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join