It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Deport my aunt from US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Huh, what a man!

Democratic Presidential candidate Barack Obama says that his Kenyan aunt, who is living illegally in the United States, should be deported.

www.presstv.ir...

I think he is totally in wrong track. Family should be far more important than law. Its not right that government and its laws, are above family and its needs.

He should stay behind his family, support those who are really important in his lives, rather than blindly obey the law, if its not best for people you care.

He is ruthless, and dont think what he is capable to do for people, for the government, if he is ready to deny his own family in front of it.

Family, your loveones, those we all should take care first, no matter what.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by JanusFIN]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Actually I think this is one of the few things he has said or done that I agree with him on. She is here illegally, she should be deported. Just as the hundreds of thousands of other illegal immigrants should be deported. She should not be deemed special just because she is his aunt. If she had committed murder right in front of him should he not turn her in since she's family? Or should he be the first to call the police and tell them he witnessed a murder?

I love my family, even the ones I don't associate with, but if I knew they were committing a federal crime I would be morally and ethically bound to turn them in. As much as I would hate to, and as much as it would hurt to be the one to do it, it would have to be done. Every one is somebody's mother, father, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, cousin, nephew, niece, son or daughter. Every one has family. No one should be considered special just because of who they are related to.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I agree with you and even started a thread about Obama not caring for his own family so how can people think he'll care about THEM but the mods closed the thread.

IMHO, this issue alone should cause concern to Obama supporters. How anyone can vote for him when he won't even look after his own family members is beyond me.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Wow.

If hes willing to sacrifice family for political gain, I can only imagine what he will do with the American people.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I don't think this is so much about political gain as it is the fact that she is here illegally when she shouldn't be. Could it be political? Sure it could. BUT would anyone here who is in shock that he said that be just as shocked if it was Billy-Bob from the gas station saying to deport his aunt Mary Sue since she was here illegally? I don't think they would..

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Of course they wouldn't... Gas Station Bob wouldn't be on the brink of potentially being the President of United States of America.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

It's not like he turned her in!

He's simply stating that he believes the law of the land.

Do you believe that your family is above the law?

Who would elect a president who thought his family was above the law?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
it should not matter if it is his aunt, or anyone else's. there are legal channels you need to go through to become an American citizen if you immigrate here. i dont see why anyone should be above the law, ever.

---------------

I wouldn't be surprised if she came here just so he could make that statement, though.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I know that when I first heard of this issue I immediately came to this conclusion:

If Obama interceded on her behalf to gain the asylum that she had originally applied for several years ago, he would be accused of abusing his position to gain a favor for a family member against the rule of law. (see Palin).

If he ignores the situation and allows her to be deported, he is not supporting a family member in dire need.

No matter the response, you just can't win. The famous question, "Do you still beat your wife?" scenario applies. Either way you answer the question, you are wrong. You are either admitting that you beat your wife in the past or you are still doing it today.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by zlots331]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zlots331

Oh, there are layers here though, aren't there ?

How long has the aunt been in the US ?

Clearly, Obama's election chances matter less to her than being able to remain in the US.

She's putting her own interests first

Then we have Obama's 'handlers'. They were less than efficient. If they'd been doing their job, they would have dealt with the aunt issue long before now, either by 'arranging' for her to be granted residency status, or by getting her out of the US, even if they'd had to set her up in an apartment in Canada or somewhere. And I doubt she would have minded, had that occurred.

So it seems the aunt (although described as a great individual) was happy to sit there like a ticking time-bomb. Perhaps to force Obama's hand ? As a way of being provided a safe haven in order her existence would not emerge to embarrass Obama at this critical stage ?

Did Obama even know of the aunt's existence before now ?

I tend to doubt he did.

Whatever, he's in a no-win situation now, as someone in a previous post has pointed out.

Frankly, knowing how ruthless those behind Presidential candidates are wont to be, I'm surprised the aunt is still alive.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Communist detector activated!

Ah, Jenna - I am so glad there are people who hold your views. I think, if Obama gave a crap about anyone or anything other than himself, he would have used his political office to secure her in a safe country or used his AMAZING law skills to get her to be legal here.

Whatever though, we are consumers and not citizens so oh well.

www.dailymotion.com...

Could I ask where you get your sense of morality and justice from? Law or what? I wanna know more!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Plus, did Obama even know that this Aunt existed and was in the US in the first place?

The way I understand this, she is a half sister of a father he barely knew.

Personally I couldn't name more than a handful of relatives outside my immediate family and especially have no idea of where they are or what they're doing.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
What an Amazing guy!

He's just worried about whatever it is she says she will talk about after Nov 4th

But at least we know why she prays for his soul now.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
don't believe the hype.
other news sources have him stating otherwise.
an iranian news source isn't that credible to me.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarSeaman
Could I ask where you get your sense of morality and justice from? Law or what? I wanna know more!

Part law, part upbringing, part astrological, and part from my complete inability to put up with wrong-doing quietly. I'm sure the latter will ultimately be my downfall, but it's a chance I'm willing to take. Working on my bachelor's currently so I can get into law school actually. (Yes, I'm working on becoming one of those awful lawyer people. Ewwww!!!!
) And I must say I always enjoy running into someone on this board who reads my comments exactly as they were intended rather than reading things into them that aren't there!

Now back on topic with me.

With the thousands of posts on this site alone about how politicians are all corrupt, which I agree for the most part they are, and how they all believe they are above the law, which I agree for the most part they do, why is it that when a politician does something that is morally, ethically, and legally right they are blasted for it? Anyone who has read anything I've written concerning Obama knows I do not like this man or his policies, and I do not support him in any way. But I will be the first to say, actually I think I was, that this is the right thing for him to say and do. He is not above the law and neither is his aunt.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I think a huge point is being missed here.
She is his Aunt - not his child.
She's also a grown woman and by no means ignorant.
She made her own choices, and should be responsible for the outcome = deportation.

Why should anyone clean up after her mistakes, much less her nephew?
People need to start taking responsibility for themselves and STOP blaming others.
Someone in her position has no business even asking a family member, much less a candidate for the Presidency, to come to their aid.

When you decide to go against the law you should not place your family in a no win situation in having to decide to help you - or not.
That’s usury - not being a loving family member.

By the by I’m not saying Obama's Aunt is asking him for help, it seems to me like she's done her level best to stay out of his business and not ask him to be a part of hers. Just using her situation - as the OP is doing, to make a point.

As for Senator Obama, the man is upholding the very thing people are electing him to do - follow the law and stick to it no matter what.
It gives me great hope that he is in fact and deed a man of his word.
A lesser man, a hypocritical man, would make excuses, use his power in a corrupt way.
Senator Obama and his family will pay a price for doing what’s right.
I don't know of many other politicians who would.

...taps...

[edit on 3-11-2008 by silo13]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
What an Amazing guy!

He's just worried about whatever it is she says she will talk about after Nov 4th

But at least we know why she prays for his soul now.

Funny thought!! But it would be in classic Obama form to turn his own Aunt in via an anonymous phone call in order to save his own hide. She probably witnessed his birth in Kenya.

He is trying to look like the pro constitution lad that he is certainly not.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I find this situation oddly ironic for a couple of reasons. First is that Obama plans on providing amnesty for illegal immigrants when he becomes president, but immediately gives his aunt the boot once she is found to be an illegal immigrant. Second is that his aunt is found to be an illegal immigrant days after an interview with the media in which she said "I can't say anything until after the fourth".

thoughts?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zlots331

No matter the response, you just can't win.

That's not true. First and foremost, Obama was aware that he had a relative living in public housing and in poverty and yet he didn't do anything to help her. That's disgusting. He had the means to help her out financially and chose not to. That's unacceptable.

Had Obama been keeping up with his own family perhaps he could have offered some assistance when her asylum was denied in '04. But he didn't care about his Aunt then and he doesn't care about her now.

He's so full of hot air I'm surprised he doesn't float off to space everytime he opens his mouth.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Why didn't he just "Spread the weatlh" with her? Oh right, that would mean his wealth and not someone else's. If this is how he treats his family, then how do you think he'll be when he's president?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join