It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape victim, 13, stoned to death in Somalia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Rape victim, 13, stoned to death in Somalia

www.guardian.co.uk

An Islamist rebel administration in Somalia had a 13-year-old girl stoned to death for adultery after the child's father reported that three men had raped her.

Amnesty International said the al-Shabab militia, which controls the southern port city of Kismayo, arranged for a group of 50 men to stone Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow in front of a crowd of about 1,000 spectators. A lorryload of stones was brought to the stadium for the killing.

Amnesty said that Duhulow struggled with her captors and had to be forcibly carried into the stadium.

"At one point during the stoning, Amnesty International has been told by numerous eyewitnesses that nurses were instructed to check whether Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow was still alive when buried in the ground. They removed her from the ground, declared that she was, and she was replaced in the hole where she had been buried for the stoning to continue," the human rights group said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
All of us would say that this is an horrific crime, and most know that this is the extreme Islamics that do this.

The militia in question, al-Shabab, has apparently been guilty of these crimes before, and allegedly uses crimes of this nature to create a climate of fear in order to reach or maintain goals.

My uqestion is pretty simple - the biggest US/UK ally amongst the gulf states is Saudi Arabia, where crimes of this nature are committed by government agencies.

The west turns a blind eye when suadi does this, but howls its indignation when it happens in another country, even if the group committing the crime is not part of the regime or a government agency.

We are constantly drip fed propaganda by the governments and the MSM about the threat of terrorism, and yet people are never told that suadi is, and has been for many years, a state sponsor of terrorism and extremism, and now we have the UK PM going cap in hand to them for more money to be donated to the IMF.

It all comes back to the same thing - it's nothing to do with terrorism, it's all about the oil and it's all about the money.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
We absolutely should be in Somalia, the Congo, and other war torn places where atrocities like this go on everyday.
There is no excuse. And I agree with you that it is really about oil, because these countries are far worse then Iraq ever was.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I agree with you. We need to be fighting for humanity, not oil. This should not be taking place, and the US government should not turn a blind eye to these types of atrocities. This story is just sick, and beyond my comprehension.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by schism85]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yet another fine example of Islamic "justice": blind, deaf, dumb, AND retarded!

Instead of finding and executing the monsters that raped the little girl, they kill the little girl?

What freaking century is this anyway? How can our government even have relationships with countries that allow this sort of this to occur?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Perhaps it was the most humane thing to do. Perhaps the head warlord looked at her and thought "this is only the start, she's going to have to endure this her whole life because she's trapped in this hell-hole" and decided the only decent thing to do was this.

Not that I think it was right. I just like to think people have other's best interests at heart.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin
Perhaps it was the most humane thing to do. Perhaps the head warlord looked at her and thought "this is only the start, she's going to have to endure this her whole life because she's trapped in this hell-hole" and decided the only decent thing to do was this.

Not that I think it was right. I just like to think people have other's best interests at heart.

I highly doubt that was the case.

Here's an excerpt from the OP's article:

Duhulow's father told Amnesty that when they tried to report her rape to the militia, the child was accused of adultery and detained. None of the men Duhulow accused was arrested.

They also shot and killed a boy when some people in the crowd broke loose, and tried to save her life.

"Inside the stadium, militia members opened fire when some of the witnesses to the killing attempted to save her life, and shot dead a boy who was a bystander."

Her best interests we not at heart.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by schism85]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It is a very sad state of affairs; imagine being raped by three men and then being stoned to death by 50 more through no fault of your own! I am lost for words, i truly am
All i can really say is that the poor young lady is now in a far better place far far away from the brutality of man!

[edit to remove quote]

[edit on 3-11-2008 by enduser]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

She´s not the first and will not be the last.
Here is (yet) another account of a 23 year old Somalian girl being found guilty by a ´shariah´ court and being brutally stoned to death:
www.bloomberg.com...

Oct. 28 (Bloomberg) -- A 23-year-old Somali woman was stoned to death in Kismayo after being convicted of adultery in a Shariah court established by Islamists who control the southern port city, an eyewitness said.

Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow was buried in the ground up to her neck and her head covered with a black sack before she was executed yesterday, Yusuf Abdi Mohamed, a resident who attended the public event, said in a phone interview today from Kismayo, 500 kilometers (310 miles) southwest of the capital, Mogadishu.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
these are the same rebels who are using USA supplied arms - and when the story broke they killed the man who broke it - and claimed he was al-qeada

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thanks for posting that! It really hammers home my point that there is no such thing as "justice" under the Islamic system. They are a totally misogynistic culture, and we should cease all dealings with them immediately. So they have oil. Big freaking deal. We've got it in the West too, and if the world suddenly stopped buying oil from Islamic countries, then THEIR economies would be in danger of collapse, and they would have to reform in order to regain trade relations. What is taking us so long? Or does our government truly not care about human rights?

[edit on 3-11-2008 by keeb333]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Nixie, as terrible as this action is there are others commiting terrible crimes should we be in their countries as well. I'm thinking of the axis of evil, UK/US/Israel.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Heh, if only they had laws like that in my country so I could just hump the girls I consider hot. Too bad they'd get killed eventually though, ah well, I'll just give them a false sense of security by making a little deal with them.

Really though, things like these are just plain weird, I'm speechless.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The government as a whole probably does care.

I have met tons of people that say so long as it's "them" then it's okay. We use them for what they have and give them a satisfactory appeasement. So what if there are people doing that stuff over there - take care of the street gangs, organized crime, and corruption in the government HERE first. That little girl...if I was allowed to I would go over there and slaughter as many of those bastards as I could before I collapsed from a heart attack. But, you see, the governments and peoples of the other countries need to police THEMSELVES. Team America : World Police - right? We'll go over there and give them our morality...like Iraq and Afghanistan and Bosnia.

When is the last time any of you went down to a "crime ridden area" and protested the gangs or when have you ever talked to "militants" here to try to change them more to your liking? Really, that atrocity to that girl happened because those people have a different "religion" or ideal system than we do. There are ALL KINDS of messed up crimes happening here that could be prevented! Have you ever paid the electric bill of a poor family down in the projects, you know, to spread the wealth and prevent that family from resorting to criminal activities to just get by in this society?

If a wish could be fulfilled then that wish should be that all the monsterous bastards like those men would vanish. Not just the rapists and murders, but the control freaks and the "win at all costs" types, too.
I wish I could effect a change like that or even help in it, but I can not and will not - I think I gave enough of myself to these pointless causes in my life already, because I am selfish and...what the hell is the good in it, things never actually get better - things just "change".

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Perhaps these ignorant fools should learn their religion rather than do as they please and claim it is from Islam!

Firstly, if a woman has a child out of wedlock from fornication, then she can be stoned to death for her crime, but only when the child is old enough to live without the need of the mother (around 2 years or so), she will raise her child untill that time.

If a married woman (or man) has an affair, the punishment for such a crime in Islam is death.

As for rape, if there is no solid proof it was not rape, then the woman should not be put to death, for God has stated it better to let a guilty person go free, than to kill an innocent person, the reasoning being, if a guilty person walkes free, they will still get their punishment on the day of judgement.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saf85
Perhaps these ignorant fools should learn their religion rather than do as they please and claim it is from Islam!

Firstly, if a woman has a child out of wedlock from fornication, then she can be stoned to death for her crime, but only when the child is old enough to live without the need of the mother (around 2 years or so), she will raise her child untill that time.

If a married woman (or man) has an affair, the punishment for such a crime in Islam is death.

That is still sick, no matter which way you look at it.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Why does something like this surprise anyone?

That's islam for you. A false religion if there ever was one.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by angel of light
Why does something like this surprise anyone?

That's islam for you. A false religion if there ever was one.

Well to be fair it also instructs true beleivers in the Old Testament to stone adulterous women to death (not to mention killing sabbath workers,unruly teenagers,homosexuals,slaves and non beleivers).

Maybe it is all the abrahamic sects that are at fault.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Exactly. Well put.

This sort of nonsense has nothing to do with Islam in particular, remember that Christians were doing this same exact thing to innocent young girls two centuries ago here in America (Witches, anyone?).

It's a matter of these people being stuck in the stupid ages, partly because of the constant militarizing of these undeveloped countries by both the west and the east. They are simply two or three centuries behind the program, but thanks to us and the Russians they have more machine guns and explosives than they know what to do with.

Religion in general causes these sorts of happenings, and although I would love to say, "go over there and civilize them" any military action we could take would probably just result in more of these militias popping up and more innocent people dying as a result.

It's a FUBAR situation over there and everyone's got a little bit of the blame.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Absolutely moronic.

They treat animals that have been raped better. The animal is killed, but at least it is killed quickly rather than this horrific method of stoning.

How can anyone say that this is an "insignificant" minority, when 1,000 people willingly stoned a 13 year old girl to death? How the hell could anyone stone a 13 year old to death, regardless of whatever she was "charged" with?

This is why interventionism is impossible... its not a minority in these areas, its the majority that engage in this retarded system of laws. If we sent in troops, they would be shot at and killed. Once we left, it would start again.

We simply cannot afford to police the world, there are far too many backward people out there. That may sound jingoistic, but I think that interventionism has been proven a non-starter whether it be VietNam or Iraq.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join