It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Is Becoming The Biggest Producer of Pharmaceutical Ingredients

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Prescription drug injuries and deaths reach record levels
A watchdog group reports that 4,825 deaths and nearly 21,000 injuries occurred in the first three months of 2008. The drugs heparin and varenicline are cited as the most dangerous.

www.latimes.com...

You can't be serious that us god fearing Americans are so much better than the Chinese? The Pharma industry killed 4800+ in the first 3 months of this year alone. I guess killing yourself is one way to quit smoking. Yeah we are so much better than the rest of the world, they should look to us for guidance on how to kill legally, well not legally but no one goes to jail, you just have to make more than the lawsuits will bring. I'd be willing to bet that some of the people running these companies that have killed people, go to church every Sunday and think they are doing gods work and when the big man or his son asks them why they killed so many good Christians with bad drugs, they will have a great answer, the Chinese did it.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Sorry to tell you this but now even tricare human priority when it comes ot prescription drugs is Generic first.

And we all know where the generic brands comes.

But even if the drugs are the originals still the question of ingredients comes to mind.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to

Sorry to tell you this but now even tricare human priority when it comes ot prescription drugs is Generic first.

And we all know where the generic brands comes.

But even if the drugs are the originals still the question of ingredients comes to mind.

thanks for the followup reply marg6043

our GrandMa, now 91 has dealings with TriCare, but it all seems OK so far...
and in the broad sense, the Generics are pretty much OK too
unless one happens to have a (i guess ? a genetic predisposition against certain medicinal compounds) because i could use a very old, Generic Drug...but after approx. 6 months i suddenly had a reaction to that RX... very odd huh. (which makes me wonder if i happened upon a batch of bad Generic drugs, and the 'SIDE EFFECTS" suddenly appeared)

but right now, i have been VAMC supplied 'nifedipine' @ $96.80 per 90 days
to the replacement 'amlodipine...' @ $69.98 per 90 days.
[and i am presently 'adjusting' to the new compound, with only mild 'side-effects']

medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

the 'Brand Name'-> Norvasac... is 'Generic' amlodipine besylate tablets

Cobalt Laboratories is the maker, distributer of this VA supplied Generic RX, Cobalt had several FDA requests to market this drug in 2005+2007...
I uncovered no reason to link Chinese pharmaceutical manufacture to any supplies to 'Cobalt Labs'...but that would be difficult to make a linkage,
far beyond my ability to request invoices of 'amlodipine' chemical components which make up the drug. I did discover a list of the ingredients in one of the Google links, but it was waaay over my head & had no meaning to this non-chemist.

i will stay at peace with the knowledge that the Chinese pharmaceutical industry is still considered a 'strategic' resource... and will be strictly regulated....
unlike the pseudo-capitalist businessess that the Chinese allow to operate for profits & which have sent out contaminated products with lead paint & melemine filler into the unsuspecting global marketplace

PS: the VA medication brief says in the first paragraph...

... 'This information does not contain any assurances that this product is safe, effective, or appreopriate for you.'

I know, We all know... everything comes with exhaustive disclaimers tied to them. (just listen to over-the-counter- AntAcid Tablet Advertizements , for example)

thanks,
but if i discover anything else i have the U2U available, as your the only one that tells of VA medical involvements.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join