It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prooof that NDE's are real and all that entails....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Boy are they in for a surprise one day HAHAHAHAhahahaha

That is TOTALY IGNORANT !

Being atheistic does NOT mean to not be spiritual !

EDIT to add:
I did right a "rough" answer, because you deserved it by
writing a ridiculusly/ludicrously insulting claim !

Blue skies.

[edit on 2010/7/27 by C-JEAN]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
There are no wormholes in my subconscious but there are in space. You cannot take the whole first law of thermodynamics and toss it out the window because you do not believe in a soul. Let's don't call it a soul, call it electricity that is me, and you. It is just us...still alive and kicking after this.
I wish I got followup this fast to some of my other thread responses... Where were you in the LOVE thread?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Even if these NDE's are just a hallucination of the brain, i would rather anticipate this warm feeling than anticipate an endless nonexistence.

They may well be hallucinations as your brain dies, I don't know for sure just the same as no other living human can.

But let me tell you something that I do know for sure..the experience isn't always a good one. It isn't always warm and fuzzy. Or bright and comforting. Sometimes it's dark and hellish.

Personally, I'm not looking forward to my own death experience. I'm terrified of it infact.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Hi, NDE/OBE fans.

And to me, another way to explain the power of our brain,
when it is in "normal state" ( not in NDE mode ) is this:
Explain the placebo effect !
Explain the random generators' effect ! !

noosphere.princeton.edu...
See # 80 and 266 !

So there is no problem for our brain, our "higher self" and all,
to do those mysterious "moves/marvels".

Blue skies.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
There are many people who are blind from childhood or from many years, but during NDE, they were able to see.

There are people who have seen things which are occuring out of the hosptal or what ever place they are and sometimes 100s of kilometers away.

I don't think medical science have any explanation for that.

Source?

His reply was over a year ago so I hope he is still watching the thread.

The man in the last video above is suddenly able to do advanced math. There is a child somewhere who woke speaking another language.
I kind of doubt these sources will be enough to convince you but if you are seriously curious look up and begin reading about NDE's. Listen to them.
I already believed in this paranormal phenomena but you would have had to see this recent History Channel Program on genetics and DNA and Wormholes, to get the sense of it and feel it lock into place.
Unfortunately I can't find it - so don't blame you for thinking it is all hogwash. It might be....but then again, maybe not.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

His reply was over a year ago so I hope he is still watching the thread.

Ack! You're quite right, I didn't see that. Thank you for pointing it out...now I won't feel spurned when he doesn't respond

The man in the last video above is suddenly able to do advanced math. There is a child somewhere who woke speaking another language.
I kind of doubt these sources will be enough to convince you but if you are seriously curious look up and begin reading about NDE's. Listen to them.
I already believed in this paranormal phenomena but you would have had to see this recent History Channel Program on genetics and DNA and Wormholes, to get the sense of it and feel it lock into place.
Unfortunately I can't find it - so don't blame you for thinking it is all hogwash. It might be....but then again, maybe not.

While of course these cases, if true, are extraordinary, to me, as a doctor and scientist, it attests to the intricate complexity of the human mind, rather than to some higher power or spiritual connection.

Of course, we all have our biases based on life experiences, so I certainly can't fault someone for feeling differently, given the lack of studies on these individuals in question.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Cool, this is one of my favorite subjects.

Rick Strassman (clinical researcher) documents in his book "'___': The Spirit Molecule" that the Pineal gland secrets a cocktail of '___' and '___' related chemicals for approx 2 minutes after the brain/body is 'officially' dead.

It also happens at birth too.

People who ingest '___' based plant brews report very similar experiences (although lasting much longer) to NDE experiences.

Food for thought

[edit on 27/7/10 by RogerT]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Near death experiences are not death experiences. If you can tell me you’ve had an NDE you must still be living and haven’t died yet, no? Isn’t it technically a living experience?

edit to add: I guess what I’m trying to say is how can these experiences explain what happens AFTER death when death technically hasn’t been experienced yet?

[edit on 27-7-2010 by worlds_away]

[edit on 27-7-2010 by worlds_away]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'm also terrified of dying. Not death itself (If there isn't anything you wouldn't notice it anyway), but the moment.

I really want to believe there is more, and sometimes I do, but others I completely lose faith. It keeps bouncing like that.

Anyway good thread.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I've actually had a near death experience. Last year my lung collapsed and I had pneumoccoccal pneumonia. I unfortunately had to have a large section of my left lung removed. The surgeon told me he did not expect me to survive the operation.
I can only describe my experience as bizzare!!! It felt as though when I reached the other side. This was the dream and I had awaken to a world that was more real and vivid than this one. I know it sounds crazy but this was my experience. I can only talk for myself.
There is definately life on the other side. I am not afraid to die.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
An afterlife imo does not exist, it's sad some people need to latch on to such superstitions because of losing a loved one...or give the usual argument of what's the purpose of life if there isn't an afterlife etc etc You are simply what's in between your ears, when it is starved of oxygen and dies ... it decomposes like any piece of meat. No flying off to magical land. I would also like to ask that if NDE's are as some people believe the result of your soul or self zooming off to happy land, then why do many, many people have no such experiences...do they not have souls? It is more likely that NDE's are a very specific mix of factors resulting from the body dying, hence not everyone receives just the right chemical cocktail to experience the hallucination. In the event that im wrong and there is an afterlife, in whichever form you believe it to be...leave me out of it, im pretty happy dying,being thrown in a ditch and becoming worm food, the idea of any sort of afterlife is repugnant to me.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Does anyone know of any group NDEs? I mean in principle it seems possible that people could share an NDE but I imagine that instances would be extremely rare.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
when you die you will just start over
not knowing of course of your previous life
but you will lead a likewise life till you do it right
I think there are few of us who will really pass living their
lifes as they are now full of hate, lying, comparisson materialism and more
I now try to do good things for all the bad thing I've done in my life
But I know there is more.. I had 5-d trips with mushrooms and other stuff
and that's the dimension we're going to I think.

Judge Not, before you judge yourself
The road of life is Rocky, and you may stumble too
And while you point your fingers, some one else is judging you.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
An afterlife imo does not exist, it's sad some people need to latch on to such superstitions because of losing a loved one...or give the usual argument of what's the purpose of life if there isn't an afterlife etc etc You are simply what's in between your ears, when it is starved of oxygen and dies ... it decomposes like any piece of meat. No flying off to magical land. I would also like to ask that if NDE's are as some people believe the result of your soul or self zooming off to happy land, then why do many, many people have no such experiences...do they not have souls? It is more likely that NDE's are a very specific mix of factors resulting from the body dying, hence not everyone receives just the right chemical cocktail to experience the hallucination. In the event that im wrong and there is an afterlife, in whichever form you believe it to be...leave me out of it, im pretty happy dying,being thrown in a ditch and becoming worm food, the idea of any sort of afterlife is repugnant to me.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Solomons]

And you are speaking from your vast experience I am sure!

Anyone who studies the topic and sees the testimony has to walk away with a different, changed view of reality and death.
Actually you are almost forced to accept the popular but mystical view of a never ending, eternal being as proposed and put forth in all the religions and supported by the first law of thermodaynamics, i.e. science.
You sort of start to believe them, I mean if you haven't shut your mind off.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Not to nitpick, but the first law of thermodynamics has nothing to do with near death experiences, souls, or "never ending beings". It simply states that energy can change form (potential to kinetic, heat to electric, etc), but cannot be created or destroyed. When a person dies, the energy stored in their cells is converted into other chemical forms by bacteria, insects, and general decomposition, so nothing is being created or destroyed and no violation of the first law of thermodynamics occurs.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Not to nitpick, but the first law of thermodynamics has nothing to do with near death experiences, souls, or "never ending beings". It simply states that energy can change form (potential to kinetic, heat to electric, etc), but cannot be created or destroyed. When a person dies, the energy stored in their cells is converted into other chemical forms by bacteria, insects, and general decomposition, so nothing is being created or destroyed and no violation of the first law of thermodynamics occurs.

I have an energy present that cannot get eaten by bugs. It is about the size of one atom and weighs about an ounce. It is my ghost.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Well, I was assuming we were talking about things that exist, are measurable, and have been proven.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Well, I was assuming we were talking about things that exist, are measurable, and have been proven.

On abovetopsecret?....Not so provable.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by Chonx

Even if these NDE's are just a hallucination of the brain, i would rather anticipate this warm feeling than anticipate an endless nonexistence. What is the point to try to find a reason why this is all made up? This is not false hope because it hasn't legitimately been proven wrong. I would much rather believe to have this great experience when I die than be nonexistent. So it might be just the process of the brain shutting down, which would mean that nature designed us to go very peacefully and this is not just a coincidence that nature perfected the human, rather something out there that caused us to have these amazing experiences. Which in my opinion is God.

Could there even be a state of "nonexistence"? Seems kinds strange to me that we would exist so conscious here just to be wiped clean. I personally have had extensive experience with dreaming, and the first time i had an extremely powerful lucid dream and became aware it was like waking up for the first time.
The best way to explain it is... "This was how things were before i knew my current identity." and it was beautifully familiar, (although terrifying at the same time) like i was more fond and experienced in the lucid dream existence than anything else i know.
Sometimes i flirt with the idea that we all know ALL about the architecture of the universe because every time i have a lucid dream i just cant help think ' This is how it is!!! I remember now!! '. That feeling hits me in the 'gut' like a tonne of bricks every time i hit full lucidity, and even though i can bring that memory of how i felt back to this reality, the actual feeling is MUCH more awesome. I cannot un-experience that, it's all the "proof" i need for dis incarnate existence, and that lends credence to a God.
I know a lucid dream isn't a near death experience but i think they go hand in hand.

These experiences are subjective, You're the only one that needs to validate them.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
i love how everyone here speaks in absolutes as if their personal experience is universal. i too have "died" and when it happened it was just black. no me standing next to me. no unicorns and rainbows or men with pitchforks and pointy tales. just black.

but that was just me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join