It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I agree with Sarah Palin about the media.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I like the term "gotcha media". It describes the way I think about the media really well. Although I don't want to vote to get her in office since she's a Republican I think she brings up very many valid points about the media and the like. If what she was saying was being said by someone more credible people would take it more seriously.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
They do edit things to fit the message they want to portray.

The example I'm giving below isn't realated to politics at all. Its an interveiw with a pro-wrestler (John Cena) by CNN from last year around this time. Yes, yes, - pro wrestling is fake, yes there are bad things that happen there. But they still edited what the guy said to fit their purpose.

However, take a minute and watch the un-edited portion of the interview and then watch what CCN actually aired as part of their "Death Grip" bit on pro-wrestling.

Unedited vs Edited CNN interview

The short version if you don't want to watch...

When as if he has ever used steroids, pro wrestler John Cena quickly responded, "Absolutely not!" -- then then gave about three minutes of follow up.

However, when CNN aired the interview they replaced his answer with, "People conceive things because performance enhancing drugs have got the spotlight. It's a hot thing to talk about. I can't tell you that I haven't, but you'll never be able to prove that I have."

Its not always just "gotcha" questions. At times interviews are edited in an "out of context" manner.

Note: As far as I know this isn't really a left / right thing. No one side is innocent of this as far as I know.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Anything she has said about the meia politicians have said before. Unless you're referring to her first amendment rights. Otherwise could you give specific examples where you thought she was being unfairly potrayed in the media, because all the interviews I saw with her were in fact unedited, and pretty damaging.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Well, I suppose the media bias that exists and always has I agree with. There is no question ALL media outlets have an AGENDA. The problem I have is when Palin speaks of the 1st amendment and somehow equates the voice of whomever as opposed to hers needs to be abriged. You can't have it both ways.

ColoradoJens

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

While yes, the media has a way of turning things around,and badly so.

It is almost comical what they do sometimes.

I will never forget watching my boss get interviewed on WNV for like 45 minutes. I go to watch it on the news and they said:the governments response on WNV? is it really here?
my boss: Yes

then that was it.

I was watchin it going? wth?

Anywhooo,
but as far as the gotcha questions? she needs to stop whining. Because world leaders and members of the other branches of government are going to be asking a lot harder questions then that.

If she can't handle it, she can't handle the office.

And they really aren't gotcha questions. they are questions that she should of been prepared for, and they are subjects that people think about regularly.

IT is not like:What year was the Austrailian Capital Territory established?

top topics

join