It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To All Those Members Complaining About Skeptics

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucy Lunacy
Skeptics are developmentally disabled, they have severe emotional problems and they are mentally ill.

People! Do LOVE skeptics, they need your love! They lack love. So they hate/suspect everything even God!

Skepticism is a very dangerous disease. You can lose your soul!

LOL....OK, I'll bite. Skeptics by nature are rational. They believe what they see, what is tangible, and what stands the test of science.

I'm just a monkey that crawled out of a cave...like every other monkey. So why should I believe as truth the words of a monkey just like me? Skeptics require proof, not just words from some monkey.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Liberty1

"They believe what they see, what is tangible, and what stands the test of science. "

got any proof to back up that claim? Post links!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
nah, questioning stuffs good!!!
But its when people are select about what they question, ie they only question stuff that isnt within thier belief system that it gets 'grey'. If they dont question themselves and thier own belief system too that is when I tend to (wronlgy or rightly)pre sume they are the skeptics who are looking to prop up thier own beief system so therefore are biased and therfore actually just believers having a go with other believers as to who's way is the best and only way hehe!
Nowt wrong with propping up a belief system, makes for interesting stuff,perhaps giving people information they didnt already have etc and if nothing else good debate! Its when 'skeptics' hide behind the air of open mindedness yet dont subject thier own chosen belief system to the same level of scrutiny that they subject other things to that the problems seem to arise in the case of the 'debunker/sceptic/believer' argument.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Come on, without skeptic people this board would be horrible. It would be like every other conspiracy/UFO site out there.
Skepticism is what makes ATS special.

Every bad video of UFOs, people that say they work at Area 51 , all the claims of time travel, the end of the world predictions, every government agent that promises to leak information, etc etc.

We should all just accept these without question? I raised to always question people and thier motives. If you go through your life blindly accepting anything (especially whats on the internet) your setting yourself up to be a sucker.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
Come on, without skeptic people this board would be horrible.

You can't really draw that conclusion as you lack a 'controlled sample' as a basis for comparison. Not to mention you have provided no substantive proof in the form of links or cited any sources... nothing but unsupported conjecture.

Please back after you take the time to refine your theory and when you have accumulated enough credible evidence to sufficiently substantiate your fantastical claims.

I'm j/k btw

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
If it wasn't for skeptics then we would let the easiest hoaxes pass off as being real. Skeptics are the people who challenge the OP's opinions. If they were not here then it would be a pretty boring site.

No name: I seen an alien today!

Sheeple: wooow, really? Then they're real!

Skeptic: Any proof?

No Name: No.

Sheeple: Oh then it must not be real after all!

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Equinox99]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by cutiepie

If something can be demonstrated to be true, by objective evidence (whatever that may be, and the more the better), then it deserves believing. Without evidence, there is no reason to believe something.

Just look at the contrails thing - there is no evidence for any of it, yet people still say 'ooh it's chemicals' without proof. That is irrational.

If we want to actually learn, as opposed to just having unsubstantiated hunches, we need evidence. We need rationality. We need skepticism. We need logic. Not wild-ass guesses presented as irrefutable truth. That doesn't help anyone.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucy Lunacy
Skeptics are developmentally disabled, they have severe emotional problems and they are mentally ill.

Skepticism is a very dangerous disease. You can lose your soul!

So, what you are saying is that you skepticism free? That you do not employ skepticism in your day-to-day life? It is amazing you've been able to live this long.

The attitude that people who do not subscribe to certain beliefs are mentally ill or suffer from emotional problems exposes who really suffers from those problems.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
seems like certain 'skeptics' need reasurring a lot of the time.

In the past three weeks, there have been at least three threads in the Aliens & UFO forum about the horrors and evils of skeptics. How many threads have there been in defense of skeptics? This is the only one I am aware of. Rather than the skeptics needing reassurance, it seems it is the believers who need it.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

The attitude that people who do not subscribe to certain beliefs are mentally ill or suffer from emotional problems exposes who really suffers from those problems.

Could you please cite a few sources that led you to the conclusion you have just stated as fact in the above quote?

Three of Four few peer-reviewed studies and a few links to accredited sources will suffice. You really should provide substantive evidence along with your claims if you wish to retain even a modicum of credibility on ATS

j/k btw

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

Seems you're the only one laughing at your witty jokes. Why is that? Oh wait, they're neither witty nor funny.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Dave420 - I totally agree!!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

seems like certain 'skeptics' need reasurring a lot of the time.

In the past three weeks, there have been at least three threads in the Aliens & UFO forum about the horrors and evils of skeptics. How many threads have there been in defense of skeptics? This is the only one I am aware of. Rather than the skeptics needing reassurance, it seems it is the believers who need it.

You misunderstand. My point is skeptics are 100% EGO DRIVEN. (If they are TRUE skeptics that is).

Also I think skeptics should form their own site, but guess what, no one would go... no one would want to go.

wZn

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by cutiepie

If something can be demonstrated to be true, by objective evidence (whatever that may be, and the more the better), then it deserves believing. Without evidence, there is no reason to believe something.

Just look at the contrails thing - there is no evidence for any of it, yet people still say 'ooh it's chemicals' without proof. That is irrational.

If we want to actually learn, as opposed to just having unsubstantiated hunches, we need evidence. We need rationality. We need skepticism. We need logic. Not wild-ass guesses presented as irrefutable truth. That doesn't help anyone.

So even with the 2 links proving your statement wrong, you still don't have the eyes to see why 'debunkers' do nothing rather than sew the seed of ridicule and contempt for ANYONE willing to not only point out the FACTS of the matter, but the scene of the crime. But then again with all the noise of programing bombarded on everyone I understand how this can be. Wake up from the brainwashing my friend/s.

wZn

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

You misunderstand. My point is skeptics are 100% EGO DRIVEN. (If they are TRUE skeptics that is).

Again, the evidence here on ATS does not bear out this accusation. If what you say were the case, we would find a lot more threads dedicated to reassuring skeptics. Instead, we find the inverse.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I welcome skeptics, but not the idiotic ones who do not look at the evidence and spread there ignorance. To the dumb ones, I would love it if ATS gave em the ban hammer.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

You say:
True Skeptics do not (DO NOT)

- Go onto threads suggesting that people are on drugs or mentally ill

- Assume that they are right without investigating or researching the topic at hand

- Act like children sledging other members for having a differentiating view point

All the true skeptics on this website DO show all the above traits you describe. And they get away with it by ganging up. This website is a forum for people who believe in these alternative subjects to come together and discuss what they believe and feel. I ask why do skeptics find it so enjoyable to crush peoples hopes and feelings?

Like I have seen a billion topics you have started trying to say that chemtrails are not real, you live in Australia mate, Darwin I believe, boy you must see a lot of planes

I think all you skeptics should make your own mirror thread to every thread created and you can have it as you're debunking/skeptic hangout

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
Debunkist Skepticae don't have to back up any of their claims - the burden of proof is never on them

Woowoos Ridonkulus are the ones who are making outragous claims at the first place. Not the other way around. Thus it is THEIR claims. Not us. We come to demand proof for their claims.

Where did you get this inverted logic? The etherspace?

Fortunately we skeptics are here to point the bloody obvious... woopdeedoo...

For intance why would we have to proof that the world is round when it is so bleeding obvious.

But, to the illogical backassward mind of the Woowoos Ridonkulus they would
say: "Proof to us that it isn't" Don't you see how infinitely stupid that is? Why because a tin foil hat delusional freak told you it's flat?

Point in fact; when the Debunkist Skepticus makes a claim that there ' is no proof' - the burden now rests on your to refute their claim....

Point in fact, we make claims that 'there is no proof' AFTER the Woowoos Ridonkulus gave no irrefutable evidence, verifiable facts, quantified information or anything that is based on reality other than their paranoid deluded nonsense.

You see, logical deduction would tell you when, a claimant makes the claims, it is up to the claimant to put the evidence on the table to support their claims that they made IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Unfortunately, this easily perceived notion of logical thinking is absent in the wacky and loony world of Woowoos Ridonkulus.

Welcome to the twisted logic of the Debunkist Skepticae, an obscure albeit highly prolific and pervasive species prevalent on conspiracy forums. They can commonly be found parasitizing the threads of abstract thinkers, wherein they find their most delectable fodder; explorers and dreamers.

When a Woowoos Rodinkulus can't even grasp the easily conceived notion of the points I have just mentioned, it is easy to see that the Woowoos Rodinkulus don't even know what's up or what's down.

So how would they know if something is already twisted when they have an inverted backassward logic analysis hard-wired into their psyche? Who knoes? I bet even the Woowoos Rodinkulus do not know, as they cannot perceive what is reality. "Give me proof that this reality is not a Matrix-type illusion?" statement comes to mind.

*Warning: When a Debunkist Skepticus demands a link, he has already prepared a generic attack for whatever source you may cite.

*Warning* Thelivingmoon.dot com (stupid name BTW), Earthfiles.com where cherry picked facts are strung together and presented in a way to support their ridiculous nonsense and all the other snake-oil buy-my-book-dvd-faeces" pseudo science/new age websites/authors with nary scientific credibility other than to entertain one's loony fantasies cannot be taken as credible when they have the agenda of getting their hands into the pockets of the weak minded gullibles. KACHINNGG

And the same can be said of the YouTube videos with cherry picked mashups of nonsensical faeces strung together and preented as facts. "I say it so because it's on YOURUBE!" woooppeee where selfassery nonsense is taken to the new dimension of entertainment filth. Wow! How credible!

*Goooong!* : That's the sound of the emptiness of void that the people say everything in YOURUBE is real. "OMG it's real!" *Goooooooongggg!"

[edit on 4-11-2008 by spacebagel]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Be wary of this, you cannot ever appease him or satiate his desire to kill your thread. Giving in will only lead to further attacks which will inevitably attract more parasites, who have been known to swiftly overwhelm and kill our younger and less defended Threadlings.

Be wary of this, you can never make the bleeding obvious clear to the Woowoos Ridonkulus as their head is so sunken deep into the infinite tinbucket that they call the brain that they will negate all the bleeding obvious including the UNIVERSE!

The most troubling of all is they will inevitably attract more and more weak minded people to join into their cause of getting deeper and deeper into the imagined universe built on nothing more than confabulations and nonsense based on the mumrmurings of the paranoid psyche.

The statistics tell that a great percentage of the American public believe in Ets visiting us.

Not hard to imagine as the majority of the world's population is dumb.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by spacebagel]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by spacebagel

You Sir, are a Confusia Maldatus...

It is not to late to change your ways.

"Not hard to imagine as the majority of the world's population is dumb. "

Got any proof of that?

Please post some supporting evidence - or make a retraction.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by TruthTellist]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join