It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on meditation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I started meditation around six months ago and have a question which I hope someone can answer for me as I have not found anything of relevance.

I have been trying it almost daily and although feeling at peace during etc I have not noticed any other effects of note until recently.

This is strange to describe but the last few times I have attempted to meditate I have been experiencing mega headaches and I feel like my head is almost vibrating. I have actually had a nosebleed once from it which makes me wonder exactly what is wrong or if I am doing something wrong.

Has anyone had similar experiences or knowledge to lead me in the correct direction here?

Anytime I try to meditate now this occurs after roughly 5 minutes now where before it was much longer.

I took the obvious step in going to a doctor but he just sent me to get my nose cloterised. I did not say about meditation in terms of my head being sore etc as I think his eyebrow would have scalped him

[edit on 3-11-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Can I ask a few questions

What are you trying to achieve from your meditation?
How are you meditating?
Are you using any aids such as jossticks or music?
Are you lying flat or lotus position?
Can you describe what happens when you meditate?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Sure.

I am meditating sitting upright with my back straight but I have tried it lying down as well.
I am not using any aids.
I am meditating purely to relax rather than spiritual beliefs but I am open minded in terms of possibilities.
When I meditate I concentrate on the breathing to my chest to clear my head. The things I have described above happen once my head is silent rather than thinking of many things.
To try and describe what happens erm... firstly I try to think of something calm such as ocean waves which usually settles me down then after a while that image will go away followed by lots of background thoughts if that makes sense then eventually my head will be completely silent in terms of thought etc. This is when my head will begin to go sore and feel like it is vibrating.

The main reason I am asking is due to the fact that it tends to scare me a little as it does not feel normal in terms of anything I have experienced before.

Does that answer your questions properly?

[edit on 3-11-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I also wanted to add..

When it gets to the point of my head hurting I cannot continue as it feels like if I did my head would almost explode as it is like pressure building/pain.

Only words for it that I can think of to describe really.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
Sure.

I am meditating sitting upright with my back straight.
I am not using any aids.
I am meditating purely to relax rather than spiritual beliefs but I am open minded in terms of possibilities.
When I meditate I concentrate on the breathing to my chest to clear my head. The things I have described above happen once my head is silent rather than thinking of many things.

Does that answer your questions properly?

The reason I ask these questions is because they tells us about you. Meditation is about clearing yourself and releasing the crap your mind and body has stored over time.

Mediation helps you discover yourself in means that aren't taught to us. For example, the more you meditate the more you will tune into your body and see and feel that every part of yourself has its own consciouness that connects with your consciousness on a higher level.

Without going to deep in layman terms, the body cleanses itself and disposes all the negatives inside of you whether it be in your mind or in your body. Therefore, when you meditate you are performing a cleansing on yourself be it nose bleeds, crying for no reason, or expelling thoughts.

Drink plenty of bottled water, keep your body healthy, train your mind to stay focused. (If you feel like your falling asleep your body is to tired)Concentrate on expelling all the negative crap from your mind and body and you will notice a huge difference within a short space of time.

Look within do you know what I mean when I say this, keep a concious note on what you see, you can train your brain to interpret the mixed complex images you see to your advantage.

Heres a link on Link to prevention of nose bleeds

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I have been meditating for about 2 years now and i find that when i have a great experience i can never repeat it, ive never astral projected or anything like that but i have been unable to move at my own will while being completly conscouis.

Its almost as if someone or something is preventing me from re attaining some of the experiences or perhaps there trying to guide me to the right one.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Check out my thread Freestyle Meditation for exploring other Methods of Meditation.

The experience has been exhiliarting for me...not ending in headache and nosebleed.

Conflicting thought-patterns or the attempt to suppress thought CAN lead to severe headaches...so dont mistake Meditation with suppressing thoughts.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
What you have said does make sense. I have noticed that I can understand a lot of things more clearly than before among other things.

That could just be a placebo effect of course.

I have had some good experiences so it is not all bad but I was expecting someone to point out the exact problem

I am not sure if I should maybe give it another try and hang on longer sort of speak or if something is wrong.

The nosebleeds have only happened twice before so its not that that is a major concern it is more the feeling in my head I am experiencing.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I will check it out.

Thanks for the reply

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Maybe when the pain happens, you should stay calm, release any thoughts or opinions about pain or fear, and surrender to it, embrace it, just continue to breathe. I got headaches sometimes, but I took it as my ego trying to get me to stop meditating, true or not, I decided that no pain would stop me, and first of all, the pain subsided after getting extremely intense, but what was more valuable, was the insight that transcending being attached to my pain provided. The fact that it subsided, was a great confirmation of the realizations, I look at it as a sort of gift from myself to myself, for pushing past what stopped me before.

About talking to your doctor, you should have been honest, I dont think meditation would have raised an eyebrow, they probably are at least somewhat familiar with it. When I went in search for my PCP I lucked out and found a guy named Dr.Ramakrishnan, so any of my meditation questions are answered with great insight and detail.

Im not sure what your situation is, so even though I recommend this idea, I even more so recommend that you listen to your body, and if it is something you feel that you really cannot deal with, dont push it, because it might be something physically wrong with you, even though I highly doubt it, its still better to be safe than sorry. Whenever you feel the vibration or the pain, just let go of those thoughts and concerns and refocus on breathing or whatever your method or focus is, like stated in posts above, focus is a very important key component of meditation.

I hope you figure things out friend!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I am not telling you to suck eggs but have you read about techniques? and about visualisations? its vitally important that you start a meditation in a certain way and end it in a certain way. You wouldn't run a marathon without warming up would you?

For example the dizzy head could be that you are not grounded enough? do you know what I mean when I say this? try to stay grounded when meditating or you could end up in all sorts of trouble. I.e not able to comprehend between a meditive state and a normal state. The deeper you go the easier it is to become dettached with reality, that is why you must stay grounded.

Let me know if you want to know more about grounding as I don't want to bore you.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Has anyone had similar experiences

Pain, routinely. Blood, no.

This is strange to describe but the last few times I have attempted to meditate I have been experiencing mega headaches and I feel like my head is almost vibrating. I have actually had a nosebleed once from it

Sounds like an extreme case of chakra blockage. Plenty of energy flowing freely from the lower chakras and becoming congested in your head. I recommend clearing it. Try spending some time on google reading about the ajna chakra. (The third eye.)

This video and this one show some yoga postures for this chakra, though I highly recommend that you don't do headstands for clearing after compacting energy into your brow via meditation. You want to clear blocks, not compact so much energy into your head that it explodes.

You might also try meditating on your third eye with intent to clear while listening to the sound of a third eye chakra tibetan singing bowl. If you go to the link, you should be able to download the audio. Try putting it on repeat and meditating to it.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by LordBucket]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This is for the people that U2U me.

The ego plays a massive role in meditation, the art is to control it and not let it control you, its the hardest part of meditation. When you enter higher state of consciousness that science doesn't talk about. You are able to see different things at a different vantage point. If you do not stay grounded its exceptionally easy to 'float away' by this I mean dettach yourself from whats real and whats not
For this to happen mind you, you have to go deep and you have to be reckless (which I don't recommend) yes you may see visions and life at different angles, but if your not grounded there is a fine line between brilliance and madness.

The more you control the ego the easier the understanding becomes and the wider your open mind is stretched until one day you sit down and.......you get to see what life is really about.

So many people have come to me and asked me how to meditate and how to channel e.t.c, I offer advice they go away and before you know it the ego takes over and they firmly believe they understand everything and that they are the 'chosen ones' (the higher you go, the harder you fall) unless you have prepared the landing.

An open mind,Compassion and understanding is the key to unlocking the secrets.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Thanks for the advice guys I will try it out.

I will try and push it a little as it seems that it is something that might be normal.

Ill also try grounding as it is something I have not done which seems to explain why this happens.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Sound like you are starting to run kundalini energy and like one other poster said and as its rising its hitting a blockage in your chakra. Since this is the 6 or 7 th chakra involved it would have to do with a shut down in either seeing or knowing. I think you have a block to getting in touch with your own information. This was probably not aloud as a small child. Who did not allow you to think for yourself and what was the threat if you did. What responses did you get when you questioned as adults authority.S&S

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I goggled what you spoke of and it seems that this could be my answer.

I was not aware of how much the past can effect this and you are pretty much on the ball as some things did happen. I never thought that they had effects on me but I am a person who is not in touch with myself as much as I thought.

Strange that you speak of the child part as it is spot on but I am not one for blurting out about my private life.

The strange thing is that the link to the website I looked into mentions that it is a good time to resolve issues such as this and without knowing this information I am actually in the process of doing this which is quite mindblowing for me due to the fact I had no pre - knowledge

Heres the link for the website

www.reiki-for-holistic-health.com...

[edit on 6-11-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
A friend of mine years ago explained to me how he prepared for meditation.

He would try and sit next to or near a nice big old tree and imagine its energy flowing all over and through him until he felt grounded almost like he set his own roots into the earth...only then would he start to look into himself and clear out any negatives.

Sometimes when i walked up to him when he was meditating my hairs would stand on end almost like static not from fear.

I practiced a few times with him but freaked myself out but thats a whole new thread.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
I goggled what you spoke of and it seems that this could be my answer.

I was not aware of how much the past can effect this and you are pretty much on the ball as some things did happen. I never thought that they had effects on me but I am a person who is not in touch with myself as much as I thought.

Strange that you speak of the child part as it is spot on but I am not one for blurting out about my private life.

The strange thing is that the link to the website I looked into mentions that it is a good time to resolve issues such as this and without knowing this information I am actually in the process of doing this which is quite mindblowing for me due to the fact I had no pre - knowledge

Heres the link for the website

www.reiki-for-holistic-health.com...

[edit on 6-11-2008 by XXXN3O]

The thing to be aware of is those past experiences we make decisions about our selves and life. These are lies..They then end up controling our lives and are the beliefs we create our reality through. But we can change or release these beliefs. That is what you kundalini is trying to do remove the blockage or belief. Once your aware of the beliefs we can let them go by imagining them leaving your body as a color and filling up a balloon and then just release that balloon to the universe. It may take more than one. When you create on an imaginary level you are creating on an energy level. Energy follows our thoughs and imagination amplifies and focus the energy.

I have worked with Reiki energy and given initiations in it. Reiki is structured in such a way as to give you permission to do what you aready know how to do channel energy for healing.

Some part of you is aware that there is a part of you that needs healing and so you have found a way to meditate that is bringing issue up to the surface.

That has been the end result of your mediations up to this point. Now you know what the pain in your head is about. Be aware of how the decisions you made back then have effected your whole life. Kind of step out side yourself for a moment and be aware that life is just reflecting back to you what you believe on a subconscious level. S&S

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Very deep to say the least.

Adds a whole new meaning to what goes around comes around.

I am sure that I will find a way around this and I might have been looking at this a bit too negative with worrying about effects etc.

Strange how the thing that moves us forward usually scares us in general.

You have put this into words very well in a way I understand it.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

I need to learn more about grounding for sure. I am really having a hard time doing important things that don't seem to important at the time. My life is getting worse and worse as I don't seem to listen to myself, as if nothing matters and I can always fix things later.

This is not the way I used to be, I started to meditate on relaxing and letting go of little problems to lower stress. During meditation I have felt like I left my body and I have seen this bright green light that comes into my mind and brings me to a completely tranquil area with no sound, color, smell, and is clearly empty. My whole body surges and I shake out of it.

Usually when I do this there are candles and incense burning. I will read for a bit to get my mind calm and easy to focus. I was thinking that the candle light made me see this weird light in my head but the light is green.

Does anyone here have any idea what might have happened to me? How do I get more grounded? I am really starting to screw my life up. I lost my girl, my $52,000 per year job, my house and now I can't even concentrate on keeping myself positive, which was the whole point to the meditation in the first place!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join