It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Only Wrong Choice is not to Vote

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I am NOT voting. It's sort of like a personal boycott of what our American government is and has become. They play games, I don't want to, most of you still do. Voting does not give you power. No one represents YOU. How many American people, in this great democracy, were all about the bailout? I was glad people were finally getting pissed off. I thought perhaps it was possible for people to tell their politicians who they so quickly voted into office how they felt and it might actually matter, but then the politicians get a line of coke and a cheap hooker and YOU are the last thing on their mind! (that's a true story by the way, check out politicians + oil lobbyists)

Some day, the American CITIZENS will take back the country from their government. I hope I'm alive when it happens... No it's not hippy talk or revolution talk, the constitution is just fine, democracy is great (not a representative form of government like the United States), freedom is awesome. But does anyone realize/care what our elected politicians have done to the constitution, democracy, or our freedoms? Will tapping phones only piss you off when it happens to you? Will throwing you in a cell without a trial, without telling you what they did it for, without any rights, would that only piss you off when it happens to you? Would simulated drowning only piss you off when it happens to you? America is morally, ethically corrupt. The people are backwards. Those in power are even more crooked, but unfortunately they are in the position to take advantage of these backwards people and you can't blame them a second for doing it. We all have choices and we have chosen, and they've accepted with a smile!

But I can promise you this, voting in tomorrow's election does not empower you, does not give you a voice, does not make you special, does not make you smarter, does not make you better. If you want your country fixed it will take a lot more than voting for Chocolate or Vanilla, no pun intended. This discussion about rock the vote, do this, do that, it all becomes moot if you honestly start talking about how decisions and changes are made by the American "authority." If you think Mr. McCain or Mr. Obama is going to be the one making decisions, you are further out of touch with reality than you think. It's a decision you can make. You are satisfied with life as you know it, or you believe that you a being wronged. Unfortunately, so many people are caught up in what they've grown up to know as life that they are going to just go vote and be good little worker bees, it'll pay off

The only thing this election is good for is it will certainly be a good benchmark for how racist America really is these days. Regardless of who is elected, the United States will be at War with someone, there will be a threat against us, we will fight with honor and pride and patriotism and spread democracy across the laaannnddd! I just want to know when it's finally going to get here....

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I refuse to have any part in a system as corrupt as our election process.

First of all it's a two party dictatorship, sure someone else CAN run, but if your not republican or democrat you won't get covered by mainstream media, which cripples your campaign. Or worse you'll be painted in a light that makes you appear as the "outsides crackpot" which is even worse than not being covered at all.

Your telling me I should go enter my (useless) vote into an electronic fraud box, so it can be altered?
I can promise you with 100% certainty that if every single american citizen voted for (just an example) Ron Paul you will still see McCon or Obummer take office.

To me personally, not voting is the "lesser of two evils."
If everyone boycotted elections there would be no doubt that america as a whole, believed our election process to be nothing but fraud, and changes would have to be made.

Now may not be a good time to do this, because who in their right mind would want "Fueror Bush" in power any longer than we have to suffer his presence.
Nonetheless I refuse to have anything to do with such a corrupt, fraudulant system, the whole process makes me sick.

In my personal and honest opinion, THE ONLY RIGHT CHOICE, is not to vote...

[edit on 3-11-2008 by ashamedamerican]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

The only way we will ever break out of the 2 party system is if people vote third party. The MSM will show coverage on it if there is enough people focusing on 3rd party. Then with the MSM spotlight it will exponentially increase from there.

Granted, this would only be the case if the electronic voting isn't as fraudulent as you think it is. *maybe it is*.

If everyone boycotted elections there would be no doubt that america as a whole, believed our election process to be nothing but fraud, and changes would have to be made.

I have mentioned this idea various times on ATS. I believe it would send a powerful message. Not too many agree.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Although I would love to think that way, I believe the whole system to be so corrupt and fraudulant that NO ammount of 3rd party voting would matter.
As I stated above...
It doesn't matter who you vote for, one of the preselected candidates will be in office.
We're given the illusion of choice, if they didn't give us this illusion we would all surely revolt.

They have NO CHOICE but to make you think your vote counts, when the truth of the matter is that it counts for nothing. In a country where our rights and liberties are being stripped from us little by little, it is silly to think that we have a voice any longer.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

If that were true ..then what happened with Ron Paul ?I would have voted for him .......

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Exactly

What happened is that he wasn't one of "their" preselected candidates, and people actually liked him.
He posed a threat to the "Status quo"

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
In the words of George Carlin: "If you vote, you have no right to complain" So I won't be voting, or I will be voting and his name is Noe Bodie. Hope he wins!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone

If that were true ..then what happened with Ron Paul ?I would have voted for him .......

If what were true? I am not sure exactly what you are asking?

FYI Ron Paul is not, and was never, 3rd party.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
No!

6 Months ago I would have agreed with you 110%, but not now. Instead I have watched the joy of media brainwashing in action. I have seen intelligent people fall for the same old media tricks. For me the only vote wasted is a vote cast...

I love those that say if you don't vote you can't complain... I say BS!!! The fact that I didnt vote gives me every right to complain. I didnt put one of these jack offs in office. You did! I didnt allow myself to be forced to pick the lesser of 2 evils... you did. I didnt fall for the empty promises and false hopes from our flip flopping, hand picked candidates. You did! If you vote in this election...you have no right to complain. You put them in office and your going to get what you deserve. More of teh same ol nonsense. After all.... you voted for them when you fell prey to the same old tricks.

beautifully said!! i really was about to comment and post something very similar, but thank you for beating me to it!

you're not alone in feeling the way you do!!! true patriotism shatters the foundation of tyranny!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Since the thread has been shut down due to toxic and foul posts:

May God grant grace and peace to Mr. Obama's grandmother.

The true measure of the man will be shown in how he handles this loss, far greater than any electoral loss could be.

My thoughts and prayers for him and his family.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Well said, grover. Well said, indeed. Tommorrow may not be the most important election in our nations history, but it's in the conversation...

To not vote is to abrogate your responsibilities as a citizen of this country. It's a very sad day for our country when outsiders are more involved in the process than some of our own countrymen.

It doesn't matter who you vote for, I quite literally do not care, just do it. McCain, Obama, or any of the several others. Not to mention all of the other important issues and offices being decided...get out there and vote.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Sorry I thought Ron Paul was a third party ..I really didnt look into it since I am really not that interested in politics ...What was he ?
I still would have voted for him ...I like what he said he stood for ..even though I realize that everyone says what we want to hear and never really intend on doing anything that is for the betterment of we the American people ..

But I actually thought he was telling the truth *(out of everyone I have ever listened to he sounded like he meant it)...and who knows maybe he would have really made a big difference .......

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

...and what praytell are you doing about it? You're willing to partake of the benefits of living here, but you aren't willing to help fix problems?

Foolishness writ in large quivering letters...you and others like you should be ashamed...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Thank you.

While I have read the posts of those saying they will not vote I cannot help but feel to refuse to vote because you don't think it will change anything smacks of nihilism.

That is my opinion and I stick to it but don't call me ignorant, a collabrator or ill informed because of it.

You would be so wrong.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

You know if they would stop talking so much smack about eachother (it makes them all look so childish and immature) I would more than likely get a little bit more involved ......I cant stand it that for the last 20 years or so that I have been old enough to understand it all ...NONE of them ever just stick with the issues ...Why do they have to trash eachother ? That is doing nothing but showing me that NONE OF THEM are capable of running anything ...especially not the greatest country in the world ....

The reason why I actually liked Obama is he didnt really do it as much as everyone else has or did .....and when he did at least they were not just outright CUTS to the heart as so many others did to him ...........

It is shameful for me to even watch them doing that to eachother ..
And I believe they all ought to be ashamed of themselves ..

I voted for Bush for the first time in my life in 2000 ...and everyone told me my vote counts ...that year was the biggest farce in election history if you ask me ..(the whole ordeal made me ashamed I had even taken part in it) then I find out that at least 30,000 votes in every state DOES NOT GET COUNTED for some reason or another ...then Bush and CO ..who I HELPED GET IN ....ruined our country and shamed us all to the point that I see a point of no return almost because of it (The war and everything he has done or condoned etc ) ...

I am still ashamed to this day for my STUPID VOTE that more than likely was COUNTED or not counted ..who knows ..

I dont hate Bush I dont hate anyone ..I do hate what he has done in the name of OUR COUNTRY and in the name of MY LORD JESUS CHRIST who he claimed to have known ....
I am still upset about that ....so I wont play the game of politics anymore ..I do not consider it a game and evidently they all do ..the way they act on their COMMERCIALS aimed at TRASHING EACHOTHER ....

When they stop doing that I will get serious about it again .

I am really happy though that at least an African American has a real chance at becoming president ..that really is a step forward for our country ...I am not African American but I see them as the same as I AM >.just people ..and I am VERY HAPPY FOR ALL AFRICAN AMERICANS for getting this far even all the way from slavery (which I thought was wrong) ..I was raised in Alaska and lived in Washington state which I was raised to not even see anyone as being a different color ...I thought their TANS were beautiful and I wanted to look just like them ..lol really ..............And I think Obama is deserving of this if he wins ..he at least kept his dignity while running ..(at least in my opinion) and I may even go and vote for him just to make sure we dont get McCain ..if we do get MCcain I am afraid we will not have any change at all with him ...

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

The only way it'll change is for folks like you, tired of the rampant attack ads and other assorted nastiness, get involved in the process.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Voting Dem or Rep means that you accept the huge lie that is: our right to vote. How much of a priviledge is voting if you can only vote for two candidates that were given to us and not chosen by us. Fortunately, there are more than two choices. Don't waste your vote on the two party system and vote third party. We all know the country is struggling and it didn't just happen over the past 8 years. We are now seeing the effects of problems that have been brewing for a long time. It's been the combined failure of both the Dems and Reps that brought us into this mess. The definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing and expecting a different result. So to get a different result this year, let's do something different and vote third party!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Best response to a post I've seen all day I think...

If you don't like it... get off your butt and try and make a difference...

for some that means voting, for others who want to make a bigger impact, well, anyone is free to run for public office.

If you want to see it change, stop griping and go do it!

Nice post Seagull!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I can't say I disagree... I was not initally in favor of Obama until i saw how he at least made an effort to discuss the issues. Since while I know its all politics he has earned my respect on how he has handled himself... the big question now is can he keep it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join