It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Only Wrong Choice is not to Vote

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'm voting for CHANGE.

Yes that's right, I'm voting third party.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
VOTE... VOTE... VOTE with a vengence. Be you for McCain or Obama or none of the above (God I wish we had that option... make the buggers go back and nominate someone else) VOTE... not doing so is a cop out.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I am not going to vote because I am no collaborator.

I will not give one ounce of my effort to play a game in which no one wins.

I will not feign interest in those men and women who have stolen our republic from underneath us.

I find it my moral duty not to engage in collaboration with evil and tyrants.

Voting in the past was a patriotic thing to do. Voting in the future may once again become a patriotic act. Right now, though, there is no responsible reason to vote.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NettleTea

But they have always said those kind of things... go back and read about the Jefferson/Adams campaign... it was one of the ugleist.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Yes but in those days there was a concern for the freedom and stability of the Republic. Now the Republic and the Constitution are disregarded, an act that is contrary to the very oath that one of these men will be taking. You may say that I cop out, but I say you sir are a collaborator.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Now be nice.

I am not a collaborator anything. Whether it makes a difference or not voting is a right and a privilege.

Take for example the school board elections in the late 80's and early 90's. The hard right religious discovered that next to no one voted in those elections so they came out in droves and elected their own people who then tried to force their agenda down everyone else's throat. If people had voted, this would not have happened.

Voting may not change anything, then again sometimes it does but it we don't we give the buggers a carte blanc to do what they want. They may do so anyway but fear of facing the voters keeps them in check somewhat...

... which is why I advocate dismantling the electorial college system... one person one vote.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

"He who votes decides nothing, he who counts the votes decides everything."

Right on. I think I will probably vote, but I doubt it will be counted for anything.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Grover,

This thread needs to be at the top of everyones list, especially tomorrow...

Democrat
Republican
Libertarian
Green Party
Independent

My friend Grover is correct.. Get out and make your choice....

The only bad choice, is no choice at all..

Let's face it, we really don't have any idea what any of the candidates will do, how they will behave or what decisions they will make when the weight of that office starts bearing down on them.

We can only vote, making the best decision we possibly can with the information at our disposal...

If you vote; you are a PATRIOT and have every reason to be proud...

OUTSTANDING!!!

Semper

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I knew a later middle aged couple from South Africa in the mid 90's. She was black and he was white. While they lived in South Africa they had to pretend she was his domestic in order to stay clear of the law and the vigilantes.

Finally they couldn't take it anymore and became political refugees here in Virginia.

When the Nelson Mandela and the ANC finally got on the ballot the standing government of South Africa allowed its expatriots the right to vote in that historic election.

I remember seeing that black woman so proud she was glowing getting ready to drive up to DC and vote for the first time. And, her husband who had always had the right was equally proud.

That image always returns to me every election cycle when a pittance of people come out to vote here.

It speaks volumes about the health of our democracy... but when there are 10 hour lines to vote... that is encouraging.

This election is historic for so many reasons.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by grover]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Since I am somewhere in the middle ..(Not really a Republican or a Democrat) my vote just does not count anyway ..so why should I bother ..

The TWO party system STINKS ..

I feel like it is MY RIGHT to NOT VOTE if I choose not to partake in what is a voting system that wont even allow for a MIDDLE GROUND ..(Independants etc) ....I also believe that the Presidents are already picked prior to Voting anyway ..
It is all just a farce to make us believe we are actually having a say in it ....if you ask me ..

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

the only wrong choice is not to vote?

I am surprised that you are not aware that WHOEVER is in power, there will be no change.

The political pigsty within which you intend to play is merely a distraction, which is designed to exhaust you. Mate, have you not done any research.

For you to say that the only mistake is not to vote, implies, that you believe the vote does SFA. It does not.

The entire governmental systems of most, if not all of the worlds countries, is entirely farcical.

do your research,

VOTE= Waste of time.

sorry . its the sad truth

Edit: Mild expletive removed.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by intrepid]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I won't be participating in this sham. All of you who are voting for the "lesser of two evils" are just perpetuating this circus act you call democracy.

3rd party candidates might as well not exist. The media and those who control it have already decided on who the REAL candidates are... which are of course the only ones you ever hear about. And all they're concerned about is keeping with the status quo. Might I remind you that both of these mainstream fools were FOR the bailout. It's pretty obvious who they work for... and it's not "we the people".

As far as I'm concerned, MY candidate already lost (RP). His middle initial might as well start with an I. I've given up hope on this corrupt system. I'm currently trying to find a way out of this country so you guys can vote for whoever the hell you want to. I honestly don't care anymore. My eyes are open, I can see what's happening, yet I'm powerless to stop it. If you all decide to rise up against your oppressors then I'll gladly join you... until then I'll be preparing my escape.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by predisposed

I am far from ignorant thank you very much and I am fully aware of the nature of power politics in this nation.

But not voting is giving up no matter how you phrase it.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
personally, I think the only right choice would be to NOT vote.

If NOBODY voted, i think that would send a much LOUDER message that people are UNHAPPY with the way things are.

If you do vote,,,, to the powers that be this will say that the 'status quo" is assured.......

......and at the end of everything, you'll all just get another PUPPET who's pulling YOUR strings.

I understand what your saying grover, and could even argue your corner to a degree. But we ALWAYS hear the phrase ..."ITS YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE. But this is just another MANTRA, designed to make you fel empowered; when really.....yer not.

oOOOoh! I have rights...yeah...I'll show THEM........

Rock on with that, but they're not RIGHTS!!! Those "RIGHTS" ....YOUR- VOTES, are just 'Tickets to play the game'.

In my opinion anyway

Cheers

AoN

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by predisposed

But not voting is giving up no matter how you phrase it.

I completely disagree, and I find this statement disrespectful. You are telling me that I have given up. On what? In order to give something up you must first find value in it. I had no hope in this electoral system to give up. As much as you say that non-voters are giving up, I can say that voters have hands dripping with the blood of the Republic. Why is it that around election time everyone forgets the actions of politicians and instead fervently supports “their guy” in this dog and pony show? You have no choice of product, just a choice in packaging.

I agree with Anomic of Nihilism. If this year was the lowest recorded turnout for an election the response would be felt one thousand times greater than a record high turnout.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
By your own words you say that you have no hope in the system... fair enough.

I don't have a huge amount of hope either but I believe that it is there that we can change things. The only reason that they get away with what they do is that so few vote to hold them at least somewhat accountable.

All systems no matter how monolithic fail eventually and the more complicated it is the more throughly it falls.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LetsPlayFeedTheGater
Why Vote?
Does the Average's persons vote even matter?

last presidential election,

Al gore WON the popular vote, but lost?

So No. Im not going to bother with going to the vote stands.

Exactly, and even if Gore was given the title of President, we all still would have lost.

He is a globalist hoaxter just like obama, mccain, bush, cheney, greenspan, rice..............

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

The only reason that they get away with what they do is that so few vote to hold them at least somewhat accountable.

You seem to think that if more people voted then suddenly the political landscape would change. This would be fair if not for the fact that you have no option to vote for anyone other than those who have already sold their souls.

Take your point and say this was the highest record voter turn out ever. More people got out and voted then thought was possible. What is the outcome? Obama or McCain will win. Lets say there is the lowest record turnout ever. What is the outcome then? Obama or McCain will win. There is something wrong here. Idealism has its place, but I think your energies would be better spent somewhere else.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
No I don't think the political landscape will change... not immediately but still when you look at it, while the presidential elections are... well maybe not a farce but rather a pavane... at the congressional level we can still force through people who for awhile will stand for something and try and hold the president etc accountable.

Failing that we still have the ballot of the bullet... but I am no advocate of violence except as an absolute last resort.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

What does matter is that all of us, left, right, Democrat, Republican, Independent, Black, White, Asian, Indian, Christian, Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, Atheist, straight, gay, bisexual, asexual, active duty military personal, veteran or civilian... all of us are Americans and all of us love our country and all of us are patriots.

Sure include the asexual reproducers but don't include the anarchists

This will be my first year ever voting, at the ripe age of 26. I will be voting for POTUS, my States Propositions and everything else. I did me some homework.

Although, the existence of the Electoral College is unsettling.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join