It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama wants to bankrupt coal companies

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I don't know brother. I guess if you believe that the coal mines should go bankrupt and use circular logic and inuendo to prove your point its perfectly ok. Don't for one minute use satire to point out the BS though. You get censored!!!
Zindo

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Let me make this perfectly clear, to everyone. Read the guidelines for this political season that SO put out.

Right now, there is zero tolerance in this forum for those posts that break the T&C. Pretty simple really. We are maxed out with the slew of new political threads popping up every second, and cannot afford the luxury of drawn out debates over what was meant, and was it humor or mockery, or was it trying to make some obscure point that can't easily be seen.

Just stay civil and on topic, and we'll all get through this day just fine.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
MCCAIN has the same plan. In fact I'd say Obama stole it from him. So why not attack Obama for stealing McCain's plan? Instead of saying the plan is bad, but only Obama's even though they are thee exact same plan attack because Obama stole McCain's plan.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Getting rid of coal is a fantasy for the short term. The fact that we have huge reserves of coal and NG will help us while we try to move from oil.

Obama's trying to force the coal industry to invest in clean technology. Which is a good idea but I would do it with incentives because the reality is that this will cause companies to pass the extra costs onto the consumer. That's ALWAYS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU RELY ON REGULATION.

The answer to our energy woes are obvious. We need development in renewable. Specifically, we need to get started on Wind Farms and Solar Roof Panels. GE has incredible technology in the area of Wind. It is just waiting for the political will.

I believe Obama will get the ball rolling on that....even though he didn't get my vote, I do believe he's on the right track with this.

All said I still believe the Libertarian Party or the Constitution Party would be a much better choice if there are any undecided folks out there still.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberty1

First, there are tax cuts for companies that use clean coal. That is an incentive. Second, it is Obama and McCain's plan. Why I can't get the GOPers attacking Obama's plan but supporting McCain's plan when they are the exact same plan.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Investing on Clean Coal Companies is a big deal to the Investors.But the condition on the coal companies who are producing the carbon in to the atmosphere is good.

How they producing the coal that much of amount they should pay.So,the coal companies are under pressure.
Apart from coal we heavily rely on natural gas and oil that are also in limited supply, and this is where the problem lies.
Follow the link:lincenergy.us

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join