It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Obama wants to bankrupt coal companies

page: 3
7
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
reply to post by ZindoDoone
 


There is clean coal technology. China is starting to adopt it. Why aren't we? MCCAIN's plan would force them to accept this technology or face fines. I support MCCAIN's plan for this. Get the coal companies to use clean coal technology or be spanked.


So you're saying that you support Obama's plan too? If you support McCain then you must support Obama as well. Correct??
Perhaps you don't support Obama's coal plan because he black.
You sound like a racist because you support McCain's plan and not Obama's.




posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal
 


You are showing your ignorance on China. They are NOT bothering with ANY enviornmetal tech that slows down the economy they are fostering. The plants they bought from France are old design and the ones they already built and are building are anything but green!!

Zindo



posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Oh ya, and have you ever heard of any fines payed by China that have been levied on them?? not ever!!!

Zindo



posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone
 


McCain in a speech attacking Obama claimed that Obama was against clean coal, and only for solar and wind, even though the Chinese were using it. Are you calling McCain a liar?



posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
im sure we have alternative energy sources that we can use. you think the government tells us everything.



posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Originally posted by GamerGal
reply to post by ZindoDoone
 


There is clean coal technology. China is starting to adopt it. Why aren't we? MCCAIN's plan would force them to accept this technology or face fines. I support MCCAIN's plan for this. Get the coal companies to use clean coal technology or be spanked.


So you're saying that you support Obama's plan too? If you support McCain then you must support Obama as well. Correct??
Perhaps you don't support Obama's coal plan because he black.
You sound like a racist because you support McCain's plan and not Obama's.


LOL, OMG I hope you are kidding. I have actually been accused of not supporting Obama because I am a rascist. Which couldnt be further from the truth. One of my best friends is a black guy and that is not my only back friend. Also, I have two vietnamese children. People dont vote for Obama not because he is black but because his policies are destructive for the economy. Luckily for you we will all get to witness this since he is going to be elected.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by justsomeboreddude]



posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
No, I'm telling you the fact that you are misinformed on basic economics. NO COMPANY PAYS TAXES OR HIGHER PRICES WITHOUT PASSING THEM ON TO YOU AND I!!! Every government tax or disincentive to do business doesn't get payed by the stock holders. It gets payed by the consumer. To believe that you will make companies pay for this all encompassing upheavel in the energy sector is not true. Also. McCain is not lieing, he's misinformed, much like you are! Disagreeing with McCain does not make me believe he's lieing. Your much too simplistic in your logic!
Zindo



posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho
 


MCCAIN'S AND OBAMA'S PLAN ARE THE SAME PLAN! Supporting one means you support both. Saying one is bad for America you are saying both are bad for America. You can't have your cake and eat it to.



posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
No, I'm telling you the fact that you are misinformed on basic economics. NO COMPANY PAYS TAXES OR HIGHER PRICES WITHOUT PASSING THEM ON TO YOU AND I!!! Every government tax or disincentive to do business doesn't get payed by the stock holders. It gets payed by the consumer. To believe that you will make companies pay for this all encompassing upheavel in the energy sector is not true. Also. McCain is not lieing, he's misinformed, much like you are! Disagreeing with McCain does not make me believe he's lieing. Your much too simplistic in your logic!
Zindo


Dude, you are totally right. Why dont people understand that any tax on any business gets passed directly back to them in the form of higher prices? It seems pretty easy to get the idea that if a business doesnt turn a profit it will cease to exist at some point. So they have no choice but to raise prices when their tax BURDEN increases.



posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude
 


It was certainly stab at the frequent rhetoric posted on this site by certain people. It was also a weak example of a poorly framed circular logic argument.



posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by justsomeboreddude
 


It was certainly stab at the frequent rhetoric posted on this site by certain people. It was also a weak example of a poorly framed circular logic argument.


Well it is good to know you are kidding. I am not going to feel bad because I was born white, just like I wouldnt let myself feel bad because I was born any other race. Truth be told, I would vote for someone like Condolezza Rice before I voted for a lot of white men.



posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude
 


Conde would have been great candidate.
But the leftys would find fault with her because she probably acts to much like a white person. The race cards being played in this election are bent to hell. It is certainly time for a new deck. Half of the ATS threads wouldn't exist if Obama was a White male.



posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho
 


They would have torn her apart for still supporting Bush, much like McCain. McCain got Dick Cheney's endorsement. So would Condi. She would have been ripped apart for supporting the policies that have destroyed America.



posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
reply to post by jibeho
 


They would have torn her apart for still supporting Bush, much like McCain. McCain got Dick Cheney's endorsement. So would Condi. She would have been ripped apart for supporting the policies that have destroyed America.


I wouldnt exactly say Bush destroyed America single handidly. I dont agree with everything he has done, but I usually disagree with something for everybody so it is what it is. I would say what is destroying America is all the Americans who vote for politicians that tell them what they want to hear instead of the truth and who sell out to special interest groups. The congress has done a pretty good job of selling us all out.



posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
We can all bicker about presidential candidates all day long. The common denominator in all highly criticized administrations is congress. Many of our career congressman have sat through multiple presidencies term by term blaming the current and past presidents for any shortfalls whatsoever.

In many cases the blame should be placed on the career congressman who have been so greatly influenced by the special interests. We need to push for term limits in congress if we will ever make progress in the White House. We need new ideas and fresh faces. If a someone does succumb to the outside influences, a term limit would stop the bleeding.



posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho
 


Ya know jibeho - I'll give that a star. Its a good point.

Last I heard if there was anyone that had a a lower approval rating than Bush it was congress. Yet for some reason, "we" (the people of the US) keep sending the same ones back time and time again no matter who sits in the oval office. Both left and right are guilty of this as there are ones both sides that have been there ages.



posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Notice how there's no dirty fighting from the other side?


You have got to be kidding
Both of the main Parties are as filthy as a dog after its rolled in fresh pile of manure.

The Daily Kos and the Soros crowd are the dirtiest of all and they are as Democrat as you can get. No lie or smear is too dirty for that crowd.

Go Third Party if you want to breath fresh air. Otherwise enjoy a daily diet of dirt. I've decided to go Libertarian this year. It amazes me how decent these people are and I'm so impressed I don't care if I don't entirely agree with their platform.

On Topic-

I heard the entire thing in context and it is worse than presented here. He wants to increase energy costs to force behavior. Everyone should hear the tape in context. It is really bad. Scared me in fact. I'll start looking for it.



posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Here is the link where you can download the interview.
I'm downloading now. I don't know how far in the part about the coal is. When I find out I'll post it.



posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The part about the Coal starts at around 25:00 minutes in.

This quote is from 40:35 minutes into the interview.


“Under my plan, of a Cap and Trade System, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket.”


See my last post on this thread for the link to the tape of the interview.



posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555
 


I heard it today on a few different radio stations. He did say that electricity prices will skyrocket and that people could build new coal plants...but they would quickly go bankrupt.

Yeah, the environment is an issue but the consequences of this happening are insane. An economy that's stuttering along and this is an idea?

I'm sure someone will have the link for it on youtube or something soon. I"m not trying to change the meaning that is just what i remember hearing.


reply to post by Gamergal
 


Gamergal i have a question for you. You say that you are a Ron Paul supporter. But whenever i see your posts...you always defend Obama and attack McCain supporters...but i never see you do the opposite. I never see you defend Palin and call people sexist because of their criticisms of her. Could you explain please?

[edit on 3-11-2008 by David9176]



new topics

top topics



 
7
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join