Originally posted by ThichHeaded
This is on EVERYONE - except the poor, he claims.
Interesting thing is..
Most of the things that are bad for people poor people do/use.
EXP: cigarettes, beer, and clunkers.
Tax the crap out of those and who are you really taxing?
Thanks for pointing that out, because its really important. I tried pointed that out on the socialism thread and nobody seemed to notice. In fact I
listed five taxes on the poor and not a response. It is sad and pathetic in my opinion.
1. Social Security. A SIXTEEN percent tax. SIXTEEN!!!! Obama will do nothing about it.
2. Corporate Taxes, since all corporate revenues come from consumers in the end, and luxury goods corporations are taxed at the same rate as basic
needs corporations. (not that there is an official definition) Obama will do nothing about it.
3. Sales taxes, as you point out. Food, shelter, and clothing are all taxed! Obama will do nothing about it.
4. Income tax, as even those who earn a very low sum still have to pay it. A $20,000 salary does very little for you in the US yet that is taxed a
large amount! Obama just may do something tiny about it, if we are lucky.
5. Inflation. Since the poor have what little wealth they have in cash form instead of real-estate/stock market/etc they have no protection from
inflation, unlike the rich. Furthermore, the rich are the ones who get the freshly printed money while the poor are left with the inflated money.
Obama will make it worse, just like any filthy crook of a politician.
6. Extra fines and fees from banks and creditors. If you are poor you have to pay extra fines and fees for not having enough money to pay the bills
you have. Obama will do nothing about it.
7. Government fines, tolls, and fees. There is no break for the poor at all. Does that $300 ticket you have represent an hour of work for you or a
week of work? Does not matter. If you are poor then you are simply screwed by government fines and fees. Clearly fines/fees should be easily replaced
by jail-time or community service upon request. Or the fine/fee could be wage-based. Obama will do nothing about it.
8. Interest rates. You don't have much money, so you have to pay even more money in interest rates. Though in all honesty a lot of this is simply how
good you are at managing finances, poor people are dumber. They don't manage their finances as well. And the end result is that the poor pay higher
interest rates regardless of who is to blame. Obama will do nothing about it.
9. Health care. The rich can afford insurance agencies who typically manage to get really good rates. The poor who have no insurance agency are stuck
paying whatever the health care center sticks to them. Obama will do nothing about it.
Obama's "price signals" a filthy socialist term for HIDDEN TAXES, is a filthy tax on the poor. As always, Obama wants a million words of code and
5,000 more employees for another failure of a federal program. Obama, just like McCain, is a complete mental defect. Obama does nothing for the poor,
just as every other of the 530 or so criminals in congress. And he'll do even less for the poor as president because he'll be busy looking at
himself in the mirror and staging photo-ops and campaigning for his banker buddies. I imagine that is a politicians favorite hobby when they aren't
[edit on 3-11-2008 by truthquest]